No Day But Today-A Third Installment of TigerCheer2009's Progress so Come On In!

Congratulations Jen!:cheer2: That is wonderful that you made the squad!:woohoo: :yay: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :dance3: :cheer2:

It sounds like you had a good time at Kalahari. :goodvibes My BIL is trying to get us to go there for Easter, but rooms are well over $250 a night. It's hard for us to justify going when we got our room + waterpasses for $88/night. I told my DH since we've been there twice this year, why don't we save our money for Disney. He agreed, but said that if his brother wants to pay for us to go, we'll go. ;):rotfl:

Congratulations again on making the cheerleading squad!:cheer2: Have a great week!:cool1:

Hey all! I'm sorry it's been so long. I'm still trying and doing well. All work and yearbook, no play makes Jen a tired girl.

I'm at 203 this morning! Which strikes me as odd. I love the fact that I'm still losing but I worked all this week. Maybe that's it-running around in a small place. I had hotdogs and pizza and breadsticks out the ying-yang...but I really wanted them. I also ate more vegetables and I think more water. I couldn't keep a food journal to save my life because I get home from work about 10-10:30 (I work from right after school-9 and it depends on how busy we are as for when we get out!)

I actually have a free weekend, so I plan on watching movies and my favorite TV shows, and maybe exercising...at the very least practicing my jumps.

Thanks for the kind words, Tracy! I liked Kalahari, and the water park was great...but I kept comparing it to Animal Kingdom Lodge. "There are no animals roaming around outside. Where's Boma? Or Jiko? And those cool masks I've seen pictures of?" I like the way your DH thinks!

Weight loss is weight loss, take it & don't question the when/where/why!

You're being SO active it is probably just happening.

Have a GREAT, restful weekend! RELAX & ENJOY!!!

It's been crazy here lately-and I have been snacking like there's no tomorrow.

First family came-that was okay. We had large bowls of Cheetos (I only indulged once and it was a cereal bowl, regular sized) and I had chips and salsa and a large Cold Stone smoothie. We "switched" with the pizza place today at work, so I ate most of a chicken nacho platter and 3 breadsticks (better than normal, I'll take it!) I had chinese food for lunch.

Then the weather has been bipolar-we've gotten snow, rain, and sun all within the matter of one day. When it gets cold, I retreat to food!

Food has not been good, exercise has been practically non-existant, and Spring Break has started! :scared1: :scared1: *cue the scary movie music* I have gotten 100 ounces of water today, and I did walk to the library, from the library and to work today...

Ah well. There are weeks like this, aren't there? When you feel like you've fallen so far off that you can't get back on even though you really want to but can't?

Gain of 3 this week. But I expected it with how much ucky food I ate. It happens to the best of us, right?

Today if the weather is nice (or at least sometime this week), I want to go to the park and play and have a picnic lunch!

Back on the horse today. I went to the fitness center in town, forked over $20, and started exercising! It actually felt really good. I did .5 of a mile in 20 minutes on the TM, did 60 crunches with the crunch machine, did the ski machine for 4 minutes, and did the exercise bike for 2 minutes 50 seconds. I feel GOOD (na na na na na na NA!) According to fitday.com...I definitely need to up the amount of time spent on the ski machine and exercise bike!!

B: 3/4 cup cheerios with milk
1 slice toast with 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter

L: 1 cup of spaghetti with meat sauce
1 small salad (1 cup lettuce, 7 cherry tomatoes, 4 slices deli turkey, 1/4 cup mozzarella)

Ah well. There are weeks like this, aren't there? When you feel like you've fallen so far off that you can't get back on even though you really want to but can't?

I'm having one of those weeks Jen!!
Well done on getting the exercise in, glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes
You will be suprised how quickly your times & stamina improve :thumbsup2

Today I was doing good. Note the word "was". Noted? Good.

B: 2 cups cheerios
L: 1/2 ham steak, 3/4 cup rice
S: 2 cups mac n cheese, 3 PB and J's (yes. Three. Why three? Because I was really hungry for PB and J, I guess!)
D: I'm hoping something light. Maybe taco salad or some such...but I'll finish out today healthy (so I hope) and start again tomorrow. Todays are a bunch of tomorrows we worried about yesterday.

Exercise was AMAZING! I did 1 mile in 40 minutes (2 laps the first 20 minutes and 2 laps the second set of 20), did some exercise bike for 10, ski machine for 14, and Gazelle for 7. I also managed 40 crunches on the Crunch Machine. I'm trying to get the most use out of my membership before I go back to school and things get hectic!

Going to finish strong and healthy and forget about the oops I made earlier!

Hey Tracey-thanks for stopping in. I have faith enough that both of us will be able to make this work!!! :hug:

Hi, Jen! Congrats on making the JV cheer squad. Glad they came to their senses and realized they wouldn't find someone with your spirit and energy anywhere in the known universe! :love:

I am so proud of you for being so diligent about journaling your food! :yay: I have been doing the same in a pocket notebook that I carry at all times. Each morning I step on the scale and put the number at the top of the page with the date, and I write down everything I eat before I take a bite. It forces me to connect the food to the weight number. I realized when the information was only in my on-line weight watchers points tracker or my WISH journal or my sparkpeople nutrition tracking page, it was defeating the purpose. It was not readily accessible if I wasn't on-line and it was too easy to eat first and journal later. I was not making good choices before I ate and was suffering regret when I had to write it down and saw that I went over my points/calories.
I really am trying to plan my meals out ahead of time to see what the calories/points look like, so that I am constantly aware that I shouldn't eat something extra that would put me "over."
I hope some of what I have learned the hard way helps, sweetie!
keep up the great work! :yay:

Hello Jen! So nice to have you stop by! I have bragged to my DH about your successes, with cheering and all. My DD is overweight and I just encourage her to be her best and to think healthy more than weight loss. She is only 10. I don't want to start bad eating or not eating habits. She is young and just needs to consider a life style. She is my princess!

Have a great day, week, and keep up the food tracking. I do mine on a calorie counter site and it is very eye opening!

Ciao for now!

Wendy

Hi Cam! I think I might start carrying around a little bitty notebook because there were 3 days last week when we had no Internet! Thanks for stopping in-we have to learn from others because we don't live long enough to make every oops for ourselves!

Hi Wendy! What you told your daughter to do (healthy-not loss) is a great idea and I'm borrowing it.

I also had a thought. I was on the TM and I realized that I was going WAY too fast. Not on the TM, but in my progress. "I'm only going to have so much of this, and not any of that and I'm going to exercise this many minutes so I can lose 50 pounds by this date." That's really not logical-I'm not in a race of any sort so why would I push myself that hard if I want to be HEALTHY and not worn out or emaciated? Sure it would be nice to wear a cheerleading uniform (or swimsuit season! GACK!) and not look like I've neglected my eating habits for about a year to a year and a half, but A) that would be sort of lying, because I did and B) I was chosen because I was confident in my abilities and I can get the job done...not because of size or anything like that.

From now on, my focus is becoming a more healthy person and to remember that this isn't a race. Thanks for the reminder of that, Wendy. I really needed that as a mental upgrade.

Tomorrow's Outlook: busy! Food pantry, exercise and work.

Tonight Dinner: ???

Tomorrow Breakfast:
McDonalds (my brother and dad volunteer at the local food pantry for boy scouts and I always come along)
-Snack Size Fruit and Walnut Salad (210)
-Hash Brown (140)

Tomorrow Lunch:
-Salad perhaps (I'll grill some chicken tonight so I can have that for tomorrow)

The best laid plans...

No McD's here-we went to Denny's. I was outvoted 2-1, and didn't look up any nutritional info before I went (this was decided in the car!)

10 saltines for a snack.

So I had the Mega Meat platter (three pancakes, two sausage links, one smoked sausage link, full ham slice, bacon which I gave away, and a ginormous serving of hash browns) and ate:
1.5 pancakes (stack of three and I ate about half) and syrup
.25 of the ham slice
About .25-.50 of the smoked sausage link
2 bites of the regular link
All of the eggs
Most of the hash browns
4 sips of orange juice

I helped out at the food pantry today. I love volunteer work-even the kind that gets you reallyreally cold and wet because it's sleeting out and you have to run boxes to their cars. No ice cream work today because the weather is yucky.

Lunch will be a chicken salad and maybe some soup! I hope we have chicken noodle.
-Salad (1.25 cup lettuce, 1 seasoned chicken breast, cheese)
-12 ounces Crystal Light Lemonade, warmed up

ETA: I went to check if we had soup and never checked back in! It was 1 when I started and left. Now it's 2:56-I just got back from the club. 20 minutes walking, 12 on the bike, 12 on the skis, 10 crunches, and about 3 minutes on the Gazelle.

I think I'm going to exercise later today because right now my legs kind of hurt and I'm REALLY tired.

Hi Jen
Your doing fantastic with the exercise :)
Keep up the great work :)

Thanks Tracey!

I've not been able to exercise these past two days because I've had to work.

I haven't been eating well either. :( I've been eating more like a normal person (today's topped out at 2179!!!!!:scared1: ) but yeah.

B: 1 cup cheerios, 1 apple
L: Salad with chicken, most of a French baguette :sad2:
Snack at Work: 2 hot dogs, 1 banana
D: 5 4-inch pancakes, syrup, 2 sausage patties, 1 jug low fat milk (pancake benefit for the Rotary)

I won't see success tomorrow at the weigh-in-I haven't been eating well enough to "deserve" a loss. But I'll weigh in.
ETA: I have been doing exercise ball exercises today and yesterday to compensate.

Jen--still doing great!

The amount of exercise you do is wonderful! My Treadmill is broke, and there is still snow around, so I haven't been able to do the long 'treads' the last 2 days. Just a short walk with the dog.

Keep it up Jen!

Wendy

Thanks Wendy!!

I guess there are little miracles in the world. I weighed in this AM and was down to 205. I was excited!!!!!

Great job Jen!

You are certainly one very deteremined young lady!

Here are a few cheers for you!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I cheer the crew on at work. Thank goodness it is only vocal. They certainly don't need another reason to think that I am the strangest person they know!

Have a great week!

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter