Nik Wallenda doing it again.

I missed the first part - did they explain how they string this cable across the canyon?

Yes they fly a lighter guidewire across and then hook the heavy cable to one end and then wench it across. As they wind the guide wire in with the wench, the heavy cable comes with it.

I'm almost sorry I started watching. This kind of thing makes me very nervous!

I missed the first part - did they explain how they string this cable across the canyon?
Yes. . .the cable weighs over 8 tons (too heavy to fly over), so they had to have a helicopter fly over a thick rope, attach it to the cable, then use a huge spool thing on a truck to pull the cable across.

Good show, well done Nik.
Could have done without the Jebus stuff but otherwise very entertaining.

ford family

Did they say what he gets for doing this? ... Is Discovery Channel paying him? ...

It's incredibly selfish for a man with a family to tempt death for frivolous reasons.

ITA! It's dumb enough for some idiot who's single to do this, but a person with young children??? How completely selfish and pathetic:sad2:

I mean really, did it never cross him mind that his young kids might witness him fall to his death...and that it wouldn't devastate them??? How insane.

It is how he puts food on their table.
It is called show business.
He and his family are performers.

ford family

Totally irresponsible. If this is what he wanted to do with his life, then he should have never had kids. As far as putting food on his table....ummm get a regular job like everyone else. It's one thing to have a somewhat dangerous job for some kind of good (police officer, fire fighter, military etc.) it's totally different when you're just some selfish idiot looking for attention. It's unbelievable to me that a person with young children would do stuff like this, repeatedly and in front of his kids.

Totally irresponsible. If this is what he wanted to do with his life, then he should have never had kids. As far as putting food on his table....ummm get a regular job like everyone else. It's one thing to have a somewhat dangerous job for some kind of good (police officer, fire fighter, military etc.) it's totally different when you're just some selfish idiot looking for attention. It's unbelievable to me that a person with young children would do stuff like this, repeatedly and in front of his kids.

Like NASCAR drivers...and circus performers...and Steve Irwin...and those storm chaser guys...and stuntmen... Just a selfish bunch of idgits.

Like NASCAR drivers...and circus performers...and Steve Irwin...and those storm chaser guys...and stuntmen... Just a selfish bunch of idgits.

I do agree but also partially say those type of things are diff dangers.
Falling off a tight rope is literally only a step away with no safe guards. Race car drivers at least have some safe guards..helmet...the cockpit is purpose built for safety and other safety guards. Still dangerous and people die.

ITA! It's dumb enough for some idiot who's single to do this, but a person with young children??? How completely selfish and pathetic:sad2:

I mean really, did it never cross him mind that his young kids might witness him fall to his death...and that it wouldn't devastate them??? How insane.

I agree.

I couldn't watch it. I still can't believe anyone would be so stupid to do such a thing, especially someone who has children. How sad. :rolleyes2

I thought it was fascinating that he prayed aloud the whole walk. The whole walk terrified me but I knew where the man put his faith. And praise the Lord, he made it!

Still, I don't like the stress it puts his family and friends under. Can't rationalize that one.

So, curiosity got the best of me and I googled the great grandfather. Oh my, I will not sleep after seeing him fall. I half feel badly for him and half think he was incredibly stupid.

Its terrible that he has his children there to watch. One son looked pretty upset.

I also think its terrible that he does all this praying to God to help him accomplish such a selfish unneccessary act just for the purpose of making money. Using all this praying for greed basically.

I wish they would stop putting this on TV & encouraging him to do more.
And did he not go back to ABC because they made him wear a safety harness when doing the Niagara Falls walk? So he picked Discovery Channel & was allowed to do it without a safety? Ratings anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter