Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

We headed back up to the room. While I was waiting to change, I saw Goofy and Pluto were meeting outside. Gwen and I tried to change quickly and run down to find them. But sadly by the time we cgot down there, we couldn’t locate them.

We went into the merchant shop after our unsuccessful search. I got a Coronado Springs mug. I have a mug collection and have been trying to get one for each of the resorts we have stayed at. It was the last one! So, I was happy that I was able to grab it! Saw the ears with elastic.
I do the same with the resort pins!
We had a full plan for the evening, so we tried to get in some good resting this afternoon. We left the park at 12:30 and headed down for dinner at 4:30. So a good 4 hour break. But man, it always amazes me how fast time goes by in Disney. Those 4 hours went by fast!
I love a good mid afternoon break. :)
We deaded down to Three Bridges for dinner 4:34.I used the online check in as we were walking down. So I got us on the list right at 4:30 when it opened. So, it was our second restaurant to rope drop!
I adore Three Bridges. Jack and I had the best meal there last summer.
I ordered the Sangria Flight!
Yum!
t was a great dinner! So, nice and relaxing. And delish. It was one of those moments, where you didn't feel like you were at a theme park.

But it was off to the theme parks!!! We left around 6:15. So, we have spent almost 2 hours there, it was just that nice.

I had wanted to leave earlier but it was worth it.
It's such a tranquil and relaxing spot. :)
Happy Friday Everyone!

The girls go back to school on Tuesday, so this is the last of our official summer. Morgan is spending it trying to finish her summer reading assignment and she has her first football game of the season! It's just pep band tonight, so it will be a good intro.

We also went to freshman orientation last night and the high school is HUGE!!! Poor Morgan has one class literally on one side of the school and the next one almost as far away as possible. But she seems ready!
I hope Morgan and Gewn have a great school year!
I mean look at these little nuggets!!!
The cuteness!!!
This was our view.

It was perfect. There was no way we would have seen that much of the projections if we had not done the party. And honestly we probably wouldn’t have even waited because the crowds would have been too much. So, I was already happy that I had gotten us the tickets.
Awesome. :goodvibes
Finally they decided to close the ride, And we walked out and given an anytime LL. Since was so late in the night, it was good the next day as well! Woo Hoo!
That was a nice surpise!
We stopped for a photo pass photo on the way out.
These are great shots!

I love comparison shots of kids at Disney. The girls grew up so much between the last photo and this current one!! Holy cow, Gwen is pretty much as tall as Morgan now.

I agree with you, WHY do people stand up for shows when there is no need?! We had a similar thing happen to us on our trip, and Alex flat out asked the couple in front why they felt the need to stand up. The couple next to us felt the same way. :confused3

Haha, too much icing to cake ratio. But that seems to be a popular trend with Disney desserts.

Oh dear, that poor girl and her nose bleed. Kids make life so interesting. Good thing you had those tissues, but I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to ride Buzz that evening.

Given the choice, I think Andy definitely won by getting ride PeopleMover instead of Space. :rotfl:

I do the same with the resort pins!
Pins is another good one!!!

I love a good mid afternoon break. :)
We really mastered it on this trip.

I hope Morgan and Gewn have a great school year!
Thanks! Morgan is on day 3 and she is already exhausted!!! You as well!!! I saw your back to teaching picture!

Holy cow, Gwen is pretty much as tall as Morgan now.
I think Gwen is actually taller than Morgan now. She has grown more since the trip!

WHY do people stand up for shows when there is no need?!
It is seriously so silly!!! Why?!?!

Oh dear, that poor girl and her nose bleed. Kids make life so interesting. Good thing you had those tissues, but I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to ride Buzz that evening.
We all felt so bad for the girl. We said we hoped it didn't ruin her love of Buzz. I said she may never want to go on it again. I was very happy that we had tissues to give the mom, she looked so paniced not having anything.

Love the comparison pictures of the girls :)
Thanks! I had forgotten how much Gwen had grown between trips!

Sounds like a great Magic Kingdom day! Even though you didn't get a lot of rides with genie plus I'm sure you were able to save a lot of time that you wouldnt have had. That is the biggest benefit IMO to genie plus. Like having the time to get the breakfast and watch the parade and stay at Three Bridges a little longer. When Dan and I traveled to disney during the pandemic without genie plus we found that all we really could get done was waiting in line for rides lol even if we only get on a few rides a day with it I'm happy we can spend the waiting in line time elsewhere! My biggest gripe would definitely be not being able to modify the time though lol like would that REALLY be that hard to add??

Welcome to December!

Hi Everyone!!! I am sorry that I have gone dark here... Life has been busy! I thought I would give a little life update in hopes of getting back into the groove of making updates!

So, what have we been up to?

Morgan has finished her first Marching Band Season!! It was all consuming for all of us! More than I had expected. So, mostly that! But also just getting used to school again, and high school for Morgan!

Untitled
Last evening of Band Camp. Morgan is in the red shirt. It's basically Morgan and all boys in the Low Brass Section.

Untitled
Morgan in the stands for her first football game. The boys around her were determined to teach her how football worked, since she didn't know anything about the game.

Untitled
Also, Morgan is short but not THAT short. All the boys stand on the seat but Morgan refused to. She was already not happy that they were one the top row.

Untitled
After one of the competitions. One of the rare competitions that was during the afternoon and we were able to see her after they performed.

Untitled
We sent that photo to Andy's mom and she found an old photo of Andy from high school. Like Father, Like Daughter...

Untitled

Untitled
Morgan's BFF is the the color guard, and it's such a great photo of her.

Untitled
Morgan's game face!

The kids did great this season! They ended up South Jersey Regional Champions and New Jersey State Champions!
Untitled

The Atlantic Coast Championships were in Hersey Park. And they finished 3rd there. Which is amazing! There were 5 states represented there, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, & West Virginia! So, we were very proud.

Gwen did say when we were at Hersey that she wished it was at Disney! Ha!
Untitled
This is all we saw of the park... boo.

We did do OTHER things....

Untitled
The girls did trick or treating this year... still... But Morgan and her BFF made there outfits, which was nice. Andy put pictures of who they were being below, as most adults had no idea. (They are anime characters from a show called My Hero Academia)

The band had a trunk or treat after the Regional Championship. We did a Christmas theme.
Untitled
(with a little Disney thrown in there of course!)

Untitled

And we got a new shed!
Untitled

We had friendsgiving after a 2 year break with our friends. Which was so so nice...
Untitled

Untitled
The boys may be trouble later in life... don't worry it was just sparkling apple juice.

Untitled
The adults had fun as well.

And we put up our Christmas decorations!!!!
Untitled
Gwen wanted to put the star on the tree this year.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thanks for sticking with me. I am going to try and post each day this month. So, some might be short posts but we will see if I can do it. So,
fingers crossed, tomorrow I will have an update on this trip!

Congratulations on getting through your first year of marching band!
And yes, WHY are those cavalcade of bands competitions all at night?! We have to travel 2-2.5 hours to each of them, and sometimes the kids don't go on until 8? There's nothing like picking your band kid up at 2am multiple weeks in a row :P Congratulations on third place too, that's so great! We got shuttled to the other school this year, but we were at Hershey last year. A very boring, expensive stadium.

Congratulations on getting through your first year of marching band!
And yes, WHY are those cavalcade of bands competitions all at night?! We have to travel 2-2.5 hours to each of them, and sometimes the kids don't go on until 8? There's nothing like picking your band kid up at 2am multiple weeks in a row :P Congratulations on third place too, that's so great! We got shuttled to the other school this year, but we were at Hershey last year. A very boring, expensive stadium.
Right!?!? Hersey was rough! It was a LATE night! And we performed on Sunday. So, most kids didn't go to school on Monday.

52535689339_5c9c9e2f40_z.jpg
This is simply adorable!! Love that Morgan is getting involved in high school. I hope Jimmy finds something he enjoys and is able to jump in with both feet next year!

Congratulations to Morgan! All of our grandkids got to go to Disney with the Portage, Wisconsin - High School Band to march in the parade years ago. They're all grown up now. The oldest got married last Spring and turned 32 this past October!

By the way, we had a wonderful time on our trip to WDW and on our 8-day cruise to the Caribbean this past Fall. We stayed at Saratoga Springs for 9 days and the weather was perfect with the high temperature averaging 82 degrees. There also was very little humidity except for one-day and absolutely no rain. It was a little hotter and humid on the cruise and at Antigua, St. Maarten/Marten's, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. But that's to be expected in the Carribean.

I've thought about writing a trip report, but we've been terribly busy since arriving home on Nov. 8. Plus, we've also been suffering from bad colds and a persistent cough (both during the last few nights of our trip and until just a couple of days ago. DWs cold actually turned into walking pneumonia, but she's fine now. And, fortunately, we both tested negative for COVID at our clinic and with tests we did at home.

By the way, we had a wonderful time on our trip to WDW and on our 8-day cruise to the Caribbean this past Fall. We stayed at Saratoga Springs for 9 days and the weather was perfect with the high temperature averaging 82 degrees. There also was very little humidity except for one-day and absolutely no rain. It was a little hotter and humid on the cruise and at Antigua, St. Maarten/Marten's, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. But that's to be expected in the Carribean.

I've thought about writing a trip report, but we've been terribly busy since arriving home on Nov. 8. Plus, we've also been suffering from bad colds and a persistent cough (both during the last few nights of our trip and until just a couple of days ago. DWs cold actually turned into walking pneumonia, but she's fine now. And, fortunately, we both tested negative for COVID at our clinic and with tests we did at home.
Personally... I don't care when people start the Trip Reports!!! If you want to do one! Do it!!! I would follow along!

One day we will do a cruise but probably not for awhile. Morgan and Andy aren't as keen on the idea of a Cruise.

Hello Everyone!!!

As promised, I am going to get this moving again! I left us off finishing up the night in Magic Kingdom with a late night of a dessert party and fireworks.

So, since it was a late night, we decided to sleep in today, well kind of. I still wanted to get some sort of Lighting Lane, and I wasn't sure how late I could sleep and still get a noon-ish LL. We were headed to Animal Kingdom today. And since we already rode Flight of Passage, we really didn't feel the need to rope drop.
IMG_1166
This was the cheat sheet for the day. We already switched it up! oops.

I woke up at 7:45 and started checking on options. I had to wait a bit but eventually grabbed a 1:20 - 2:20 Safari Lighting Lane. Everyone else woke up around 8:30 - 9:00.

Andy and I walked down and got breakfast from El Mercado de Coronado. (the quick service restaurant)

It was still all grab and go for Breakfast. Which makes things fast but also I am not a fan of it. I hope by now they have switched this...

Belgium-style Mickey Waffles served with Bacon and Sausage
IMG_1166
Gwen requested the waffles. And since it was all pre-made they just gave you both bacon and sausage instead of choosing.

Morgan usually goes for a traditional breakfast, so we got a Grande Fiesta Breakfast Bowl
it had Scrambled Eggs, Cheese, Green Onions, Breakfast Potatoes, Bacon, and Sausage for Morgan.
IMG_1166
This had a ALOT of eggs. But the breakfast potatoes were pretty good. Unlike the fries we had the first night, they were actually fully cooked and crispy. And the eggs weren't terrible. They seemed like real eggs and maybe had some milk in them?

Andy and I picked at the bowl after Morgan ate what she wanted. It was plenty for all 3 of us to get some.

I just filled one of our refillable mugs with coffee for me. But at least breakfast was much better than dinner.

We brought the food back to the room and the girls and lounged in the room. We all showered and slowly got ready.

At 9:30 I was able to make another LL. I got a Lightning lane for Navi River Journey at 4:15 5:15. Which was going to work well with our dinner reservations. I know... Navi? Why Navi? We have only gone on it one time. Back when the land was brand new. And never since! And I wanted to give it another try!

IMG_1166
Today's tinkerbell gifts were headbands for Morgan and scrunchies for Gwen.

IMG_1166
We finally left the room at 11:08 and on a bus at 11:23. And we got to park 11:30. Not exactly sure how we managed that but we did!
IMG_1166

While we were walking in I was able to make another LL. Got a LL for Dinosaur around the same time as Navi.
IMG_1166
We don't normally get to a park in the middle of the day. We weren't used to it being so empty!
IMG_1166

IMG_1166
I mean look at it! It was def nicer than what I have to image it looked like here for rope drop!

We stopped for a photo in front of the tree first.
IMG_1166

IMG_1166
This one came out pretty good.

IMG_1166
We suck at magic shots....

After out picture, we headed straight to lunch! I had really wanted to eat at Satu'li Canteen again, so that is where we were headed.

Stopped on the way to mobile order some food. And then said we are here. Even with the saying we were here early, we still waited 10-15 minutes for the food to be ready.

Andy and I each ordered the

Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl*
Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef marinated in a blend of Garlic, Herbs, Red Pepper Spice, and Red Wine Vinegar topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba
And we both got noodles and the creamy herb dressing.
IMG_1179
I remembered this being better, possibly I got a different dressing? It was still good just not as good as I remembered.

IMG_1179
Morgan got the same thing but with potato hash and I requested the herb dressing on the side. I realized after I got it, that they put it on. I offered to go back up and ask for it on the side but she tried it and said it was fine.

Gwen got the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods - Bao Buns
IMG_1179
Steamed Cheeseburger Pod stuffed with Ground Beef, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, and Cheddar Cheese served with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Vegetable Chips
Gwen didn’t really like the cheeseburger pods. She had been looking forward to trying them, as Molly loves them. But she said they were a little dry. She ate one, and Andy I nibbled at the other one. Morgan ate some of Gwen’s chips as well.

I also ordered the Pandoran Sunrise
Refreshing balance of Tropical Juices blended with Powerade® Melon
For the girls to try. They liked it. It tasted mostly like Pineapple. Which wasn't bad.

I also ordered a drink, I think… Our receipt has a Kiwi Margarita on it...which is not on the menu online. And I have no photographic evidience of the drink... so I am honestly not sure… I have no idea if I drank it or not. Who knows at this point.

Lunch was good, not as amazing as I remembered but still good. We tried to not rush and talked about the "goals" for the day. We did eventually head out. As we wanted to see the Lion King Show and one was going to be starting soon. So, we headed out.

Up Next... Lion King and more!

Welcome Back! Glad to see you updating again.
I was in the Marching Band in High School, loved it! We got to travel so much.
It is a time commitment no doubt!
We love AK and Satuli, I have never tried the cheeseburger pods but I know what you mean about Molly raving about them.
I haven’t seen the Lion King in about 3 years, I plan to go on my next trip.

I love a lazy morning, but it's hard to get them on Disney trips usually! Looks like a great plan for an AK day. We're going back to Satu'li Canteen in January; so yummy!

All caught up! Your house looks so pretty :)
Thank You!!!

I love a lazy morning, but it's hard to get them on Disney trips usually! Looks like a great plan for an AK day. We're going back to Satu'li Canteen in January; so yummy!
We rarely have lazy mornings. But as the girls get older, I think we will sometimes! As we can stay out later, it makes more sense.

We did several late starts this trip with AK being the first park we did this with. We arrived around the same time as you and stayed until late. We really enjoyed arriving to AK later. No RD craziness and the later it gets the ride times really drop.

We try to RD each park once and then do late starts the rest of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter