Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

50 Rides for turning 50

# of Rides: 5 of 50
Miles Walked: 9.45 Miles (Trip Total: 15.7 Miles)
Total Rides:
New Rides:
Total for the Day: 5
Trip Total: 5

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Splash Mountain
  • Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Genie+ Thoughts for the Day:
I will say today, with Genie+ was kind of a waste. But that is mostly because we decided to not do any rides in the afternoon. If we had stayed in Magic Kingdom all day, it would have been better utilized. I did have 3 LL for EPCOT that we could have used but just didn't.

I did catch a cute moment of the 2 ladies on the way out of the park.
So sweet to catch those sister moments! And Morgan tired… that was our entire family after Epcot yesterday. So much walking and not enough shade.
I did have 3 LL for EPCOT that we could have used but just didn't.
This is how I’m feeling about Genie+… there were days I could have booked more but we didn’t need what was left or didn’t want to walk back to use them. It worked really well for us at MK but only alright most other days.

So sweet to catch those sister moments! And Morgan tired… that was our entire family after Epcot yesterday. So much walking and not enough shade.
EPCOT sneaks up on you with the heat, I feel like. Everyone talks about how hot it is at Animal Kingdom but EPCOT, gets me at least once each trip! There is just little shade in the main walking area!

EPCOT sneaks up on you with the heat, I feel like. Everyone talks about how hot it is at Animal Kingdom but EPCOT, gets me at least once each trip! There is just little shade in the main walking area!
Yes! At least with AK there are some decent shaded areas and you can be in and out of A/C fairly easy between shows, rides, shops, some quick service locations. We had a harder time finding cool-off breaks at Epcot yesterday, and even places that should have A/C, it felt like Disney didn’t have it turned up at all. We were sweating in line bad at some of the indoor rides!

We haven't been to Le Cellier in years. Dennis and I need to give it another go. We enjoyed our food a lot but but felt the tables were too close.

Heading back to the resort was a really good idea. Hopefully the next day was better for rides.

I love that you did the egg hunt in Epcot. It looked like fun. We love Le Cellier but prefer sitting at the tables in the middle as like you I think the ones along the wall are pretty close together. The food there has never disappointed us though my youngest still thinks the best thing in the menu is their pretzel bread🤣.
Way to go in grabbing drinks in Mexico btw. Anytime I’ve ever been in that pavilion it has been stuffed to the gills with people so I do think it was a bit of a miracle that you had no queue.
That photo of the girls as you leave the park is priceless🥰

With our completed hunt, we went to redeem our our prizes at the stores. We went to the one as you walk into the World Showcase. They didn’t have any cups left so we had to get the little lunch boxes. Which was fine with me but the girls were a little sad about the cups. But I had said a few times that it might NOT be the cups, so I think they had time to mentally prepare for it. THANK GOODNESS!!!

We got a Figment box, an Orange Bird box and the Flower and Garden Bee box. Gwen uses them for lunch now, so they are getting used!
So cute! I would love those little lunch boxes!

Also, if you have a report that I am reading, I will get back to them eventually! Andy and I also got sucked into Stranger Things and a stupid Warren Jeffs documentary that filled my evenings.
Love Stranger Things!
Selection of House-made Charcuterie paired with Artisanal Cheeses with Seasonal Accompaniments
Yum! That looks delicious!
I was practically full already! But we ordered our main meals and they came out before we were done with our apps. Now, I don't always care but here... You should not be rushed.
You know I think I am going to try @kastoney method going forward as she often doesn't order their mains until they have finished their apps. I hate being rushed too.
Sometimes they do like each other....
Awww, this is sweet!
It started pouring rain half an hour later! And it was a very heavy rain at points in time. It was def a good night to already be in the room. It pretty much rained all night. Gwen and I went downstairs at one point to check out the storm. But couldn’t really see any better.
You made the right call for a cozy, early evening.
It was a good first day but we were TIRED!!!! We def didn't have our Park legs and stamna like we used too.
It takes a while to rebuild your Disney stamina!

Le Cellier sounds like it was delicious! I was so happy when they dropped the mask mandate for the parks lol we missed the airplane one by two hours (when we disembarked the plane the flight crew boarding wasn't wearing them lol) and then we missed the disney one by like an hour I think because we rode the monorail to MK from the Contemporary and an hour later I saw they dropped the mandate like an hour later! LOL

I really enjoy Le Cellier but gosh those tables are uncomfortably close together! I am embarrassingly bad at the various scavenger hunts. I regularly have to ask for help. :laughing: Sorry they didn't have the cups. I actually got a Figment gardnener cup that I've never used and would be happy to send it to you, if you'd like it. I have way too many cups as it is.

All caught up...I have been so behind in all my TR reading, but it seems you all have been far behind in writing them too!

I love that EP Easter egg hunt, and really all the little scavenger hunts. I think they're so fun to do. Mike and I usually spread them out over a couple days and take our time. The prizes and kind of cute too!

Can't wait to read more!

Hi Everyone!!! Sorry I have been MIA. There has been a lot of family stuff going on. But I am hoping to get back into a rythmn! Hopefully with a post today!

when we disembarked the plane the flight crew boarding wasn't wearing them lol) and then we missed the disney one by like an hour I think because we rode the monorail to MK from the Contemporary and an hour later I saw they dropped the mandate like an hour later! LOL
I was glad when the masks was gone at Disney for sure! Getting on the bus after a hot day was rough!

What prize did you end up getting for finding all the eggs? Was there one?
So, they were little boxes with pictures on them. I think they were the prizes they were giving out for the Flower and Garden Bee Hunt. They are the size of a sandwich.
Untitled

I am embarrassingly bad at the various scavenger hunts. I regularly have to ask for help. :laughing:
Well, at least we are in company!

I actually got a Figment gardnener cup that I've never used and would be happy to send it to you, if you'd like it. I have way too many cups as it is.
I mean if you want!! The girls would put it to good use, for sure! I will DM you!

I am starving, please feed me!!
Ha! Coming up shortly (hopefully)

Loving your trip so far. I'm from South Jersey so I know the pain of Phila airport all too well
Thanks for following along!!! I am slightly annoyed. It seems like Southwest just doesn't have any direct flights anymore from Philly to Orlando! Who do you usually fly?

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks!!!

All caught up...I have been so behind in all my TR reading, but it seems you all have been far behind in writing them too!
Welcome back. I am sorely behind on reading other trip reports! And my own, I just seem to have less time in the day. Not sure how?

Day Two: Quest to Ride Rise!

Today was a Hollywood Studios day! And it kind of felt like the begining of regular vacation. We didn't have a holiday or anything to celebrate.

Untitled
This was our cheat sheet for the day. We basically had 2 goals, get on Rise of Resistance AND ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as it was new to us still!

IMG_1408
The Tinerkerbell gifts today were Gravity Falls Shirts. Gwen is a HUGE fan, so I knew she would like these!

The Park was open at 8:00 AM this morning, which meant that Early Entry for resort guests was 7:30 AM. So, we were up at 6:00 AM.

Thankfully, since it was pooring rain, we had gone to be early the night before, so it wasn't TOO hard to get up.

We Uber at 6:40 and were at the entrance at Hollywood Studios at 6:50
IMG_0700

While walking to Entrance, I made a Mickey and Minnie’s Railway LL for 8:15 -9:15. I was worried about how long Rise would take, but you kind of have to take what you can get! I figured we would be fine. But Andy was more worried about the timing.

IMG_0700

IMG_0700
We were through security and tapstyles by 7:10

Untitled
Gwen was already eyeing up additional plush options!

IMG_0700
Once They let us in, we were able to go right back to Galaxy’s Edge.
So, we were in Galaxy’s Edge by 7:15!
IMG_0707

IMG_0707
Everything was moving great… They had this extended area open, but it was basically continually moving. But thenl we stopped and we noticed no new people behind us. I knew that wasn't a good sign.

At 7:25 already were announcing the ride was having delays. We had gotten to the outside switch back area. But we kept inching forward little by little. We joked that everytime there was an announcement we actually started to move forward.

We decided to wait it out. It was a little after 7:30, and we could have gotten out of line to so other things but we had other says as well.

Announcements at some point changed from delay to canceled. But we had inched closer and closer and gotten to the Space Back Side of Water.
IMG_0707
We thought maybe we would get anytime passes, so stuck it out a bit longer.

We made it all the way into the inside part of the que just by having people leave and scrunch up. The clock just keep ticking away. And we really questioned whether we should stay or not. But we stuck it out. Andy and I REALLY didn't want to pay for Rise or come and do rope drop again.

Finally! At 8:32 they announced that the ride was up and running. Everyone cheered. And the line moved fairly well once the ride was back up. When we got to the room where they divide you into your vehicle groups, saw that they had both hallways working. Which is probably why it was moving so well. We had only ever seen one side working.

IMG_0707 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
We were really sweating how long it would take for us to get through the ride. But we said worst case we would just wait in line for Mickey and Minnie's.

IMG_0707
It was great to see Rey again!

IMG_0707 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
The timing had us as the first family in the room, so of course we were first at the door, and I HAD to document it!

IMG_0717 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

IMG_0717
But it meant we got primo viewing on the transport!

IMG_0717
I love him!

IMG_0717
This room gets me everytime!!! I love how you walk in and everyone get so quiet! It is amazing!

IMG_0717

IMG_0717 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

IMG_0717
I tried to get some photos of the other stuff in the room. Everyone is always so focused on the Storm Troopers, you forget to looking around at all of the other stuff!

IMG_0717
This area is the most intense to me. The First Order walking around. I feel like a kid in school again and worried of getting in trouble for no reason!

IMG_0717
We did it!!!! We made it on the ride!!!

IMG_0739

IMG_0739
Rise is always great.

IMG_0739

I made a mobile order for Woody’s Lunchbox, once I knew we were going to make it on Rise, as we were getting hungry! But I ordered them as we were getting into the room with BB8 and wasn't completely paying attention to what I was doing and I .order totchos not the breakfast ones :( Which Morgan and I had been looking forward to. But I didn't realize it until we pick up our order. I didn't even know you could order the regular chili one in the AM. Boo. But I placed the order from 9:35 -10:05. As the time was inching farther and father out!

After the ride, we had just enough time to get to our Mickey and Minnies’s Runaway Railway. Gwen ran ahead to the bathroom on the way real quick. And we managed to scan in at 9:14! 1 minute to spare!

We scanned in at 9:14 and we on the ride at 9:28. And that included the little pre-show. So, in that sense, We were happy with LL.

IMG_0739
We were hyped from finally getting on Rise AND now getting to ride Railway! So we were ready to go!

IMG_0739

After scanning in, Gwen made a LL for Milienium Falcon from 9:45 - 10:45

IMG_0739
This was our first time on the ride. We loved it! Gwen said she liked it before we even got on the ride. Based on the pre-show, I think.

IMG_0762
I know it isn't a true E ticket ride, but I really love the variety of rides. And this type of family ride was desperately needed for Hollywood Studios!

IMG_0762

After we headed to Toy Storyland to get breakfast. I clicked we are here and headed over. But went the wrong way! Again, how did we forget how to navigate the park, is beyone me! We turned around and already had a your food is ready message. So, we had to hustle over! We were starting feeling live we were just rushing for point to point. I promised we would slow down at this point.

We made it over and we’re able to pick up our food with no problem.

We lucked out with a table, able to grab the baby bell table as someone was leaving.
IMG_1439
It was hot in the sun, but we were able to sit. They didn’t have CM guarding the area when we walked in. But by the time we left they did.

I ordered the following for all of us to share:
2 Totchos
IMG_1439
Like I said earlier, these were the chili ones, so I was a little disapointed. But they were still good. Just not what I wanted.

Peanut Butter Banana Fudge tart
IMG_1439
This was actually my favorite Tart from Woody's Lunchbox! It wasn't very bannana-y but still tasty.

Plain tots and a side of cheese - The "cheese" is really extra of the gravy they use on the breakfast tots, So Morgan added that to here Totchos and Saved the meal, she said.

I also go a bottle of water, a Grown-Up Lemonade for me, a Lemonade for the girls to share and a Diet Coke for Andy.

After we were refueled from some breakfast, we headed out.

Up next more fun in Hollywood Studios!

52083355104_18f301d560_z.jpg
Oh, I just love this! :) Disney Magic at it's best!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter