Nick, Marie, The Diva's & Me!! Finally Finished 10-20-13!!

I plan on it! My work schedule isn't as insane as it was back then so I should be in the clear!

Just noticed this! I am totally on-board!
Someday (well some year really!) maybe I will join a Diva's trip, but right now my DH (who is truly lovely!) thinks we better make a return trip together before I go off on my own ;) and I can't say I blame him :thumbsup2

Just noticed this! I am totally on-board!
Someday (well some year really!) maybe I will join a Diva's trip, but right now my DH (who is truly lovely!) thinks we better make a return trip together before I go off on my own ;) and I can't say I blame him :thumbsup2

:wave2: I'm glad you found this!! I hadn't mentioned it on my TR yet.....thought I should try & get that done first......lol :rotfl:

You could always do it like I do. I bring a long someone & then go off & join the Divas for some of the things but then I have a family member there to hang with the rest of the time. :thumbsup2

:wave2: I'm glad you found this!! I hadn't mentioned it on my TR yet.....thought I should try & get that done first......lol :rotfl:

You could always do it like I do. I bring a long someone & then go off & join the Divas for some of the things but then I have a family member there to hang with the rest of the time. :thumbsup2

Yeah. Two years ago, my mom brought my dad and they celebrated their anniversary a little early. Last year, she brought along my brother Tyler and bounced between Diva Time and family time. I am excited she is allowing myself and my fiance Marie to join her this time.

Yeah. Two years ago, my mom brought my dad and they celebrated their anniversary a little early. Last year, she brought along my brother Tyler and bounced between Diva Time and family time. I am excited she is allowing myself and my fiance Marie to join her this time.

:cool1: I'm excited to spend some quality time with the both of you......should be fun!! :cool1:

A very good idea, something to think about for sure :thumbsup2

Right now my DH is doing his advanced care paramedic (higher level of paramedic in Canada) so we are tight for time and money, but hopefully once he is done (finishing in the summer sometime) we will be able to get back into some regular trips.

We've used Alligient Air in the past as flights can be so pricey...i can't believe what tickets cost now! :upsidedow

We also need to buy a bigger house, so no doubt that might affect our future trip plans...the joys hey!

A very good idea, something to think about for sure :thumbsup2

Right now my DH is doing his advanced care paramedic (higher level of paramedic in Canada) so we are tight for time and money, but hopefully once he is done (finishing in the summer sometime) we will be able to get back into some regular trips.

We've used Alligient Air in the past as flights can be so pricey...i can't believe what tickets cost now! :upsidedow

We also need to buy a bigger house, so no doubt that might affect our future trip plans...the joys hey!

My hubby was a paramedic for over 12 yrs.......but burned out on it. Good luck to your hubby on finishing up his program!

Flights are spendy!!! Especially when you have a large family.....another reason we gave up on our WDW trip this past December. It would have run us approx $3500!!! :sad2: It cost us less than $500 to drive to Disneyland and back.

Yeah, housing is going to be an issue for us as well this year. We thought we had found a place willing to do a long term lease....but when our 2 yrs are up in November....they're going to put the house back on the market. So now we need to find a house big enough and still in the same school district. We live in a very small town.....so it's going to be tough. :crazy2:

My hubby was a paramedic for over 12 yrs.......but burned out on it. Good luck to your hubby on finishing up his program!

Flights are spendy!!! Especially when you have a large family.....another reason we gave up on our WDW trip this past December. It would have run us approx $3500!!! :sad2: It cost us less than $500 to drive to Disneyland and back.

Yeah, housing is going to be an issue for us as well this year. We thought we had found a place willing to do a long term lease....but when our 2 yrs are up in November....they're going to put the house back on the market. So now we need to find a house big enough and still in the same school district. We live in a very small town.....so it's going to be tough. :crazy2:

Hubby loves the work but we hate the job...without going into long drawn out details the system in BC (province we live in) is really bad, and eventhough DH has 9 years in, he still doesn't have a full time job and has to work as an Ir-reg scheduled medic...that is one of the reasons he is doing the Advanced...it will get him a regular schedule faster (we would have had to move to Vancouver for him to get full time as you can't get full time in a smaller city without working there)

I believe it on the flights! they are just getting crazy now! When we went to Orlando we used Aeroplan, as the flights were crazy expensive.. For DL, if we drive to Bellingham (about 3.5 hours depending on how busy the border is) we can get them pretty cheap if going in a "non" busy time.

When I first bought my house it was great (it has a rental suite down which helps with the mortgage) and then we got custody of my stepdaughter..still ok...but if (and a big if..we will see ;) ) we get any bigger, there is no more room, and 1 bathroom is just not good no matter what way you write it!

Hubby loves the work but we hate the job...without going into long drawn out details the system in BC (province we live in) is really bad, and eventhough DH has 9 years in, he still doesn't have a full time job and has to work as an Ir-reg scheduled medic...that is one of the reasons he is doing the Advanced...it will get him a regular schedule faster (we would have had to move to Vancouver for him to get full time as you can't get full time in a smaller city without working there)

I believe it on the flights! they are just getting crazy now! When we went to Orlando we used Aeroplan, as the flights were crazy expensive.. For DL, if we drive to Bellingham (about 3.5 hours depending on how busy the border is) we can get them pretty cheap if going in a "non" busy time.

When I first bought my house it was great (it has a rental suite down which helps with the mortgage) and then we got custody of my stepdaughter..still ok...but if (and a big if..we will see ;) ) we get any bigger, there is no more room, and 1 bathroom is just not good no matter what way you write it!

That sucks that your hubby doesn't get full time employment!! That would be hard to plan, budget, etc. Hopefully the Advanced will help in that area!!

The flight prices are all over the place. Of course the earlier you can get them the better (unless they run a sale). We needed to purchase Derek a ticket home from Orlando early this month but didn't have the money. At one point I could have picked up a ticket for around $150 but by the time I had the money.....it ran me $450!! :scared1:

:eek: I couldn't imagine only having 1 bathroom!!!! :rotfl:

This is the Diva Schedule:

Wednesday, Feb 27th~~
"Lime Green Shirt"

1pm Lunch at Rancho del Zocalo (for those in town)
5pm Dinner at Storyteller's Cafe
-OR-
6pm Dinner at Cheesecake Factory
-OR-
6pm Dinner at Tangaroa Terrace

Thursday, Feb 28th~~
"Pink Shirt"

8:30am Breakfast at LaBrea Bakery
-OR-
8:40am Breakfast at Surf's Up with Mickey
9:00am Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour
1:00pm Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
5:30pm Redneck Diva Meet-n-Greet Party

Friday, Mar 1st~~
"Teal New Group Shirt"

9:00am Group photo at new fountain in DCA
9:30am Scavenger Hunt
1:30pm Scavenger Hunt ends, followed by lunch in the Pacific Wharf area
2:30pm Scavenger Hunt results
5:00pm Dinner at Flo's Cafe
-OR-
5:10pm Dinner at Carthay Circle
World of Color
-OR-
Mad "T" Party
-OR-
Drinks at Trader Sams

Saturday, Mar 2~~
"Grey Shirt"

8:00am Breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace
-OR-
8:00am Breakfast at Minnie & Friends
9:30am Group photo at the castle
It's a Small World group ride following picture
Billy Hill & the Hillbillies (TBA)
12:30pm Lunch at the Big Thunder BBQ
5:30pm Dinner at Cafe Orleans
-OR-
6:00pm Dinner at Carnation Cafe
9:00pm Fantasmic Dessert Seating

Sunday, Mar 3~~
"Favorite Disney Shirt"

8:30am Breakfast at Mimi's

I'm only doing a few of the activities and none of the meals this trip. I'll do the 2 group photos, Meet-n-Greet party & the Scavy Hunt......but the rest of the time, I'll be with Nick & Marie. I've been having issues with anxiety and hanging out with a lot of people can set that off (I actually had a panic attack on Main Street the first Diva trip).....I think spending the majority of time with family will help keep that in check. (at least I hope so........)

Our Itinerary:

Wednesday, Feb 27~~

Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
Dinner at Rainforest Cafe

Thursday, Feb 28~~

Breakfast at Minnie & Friends
Lunch at Blue Bayou
***I go to the Meet-n-Greet while Nick & Marie go to Bubba Gumps at the Anaheim Gardenwalk for dinner***

Friday, Mar 1~~

Breakfast at Flo's V-8 (if we can do this before I do the group photo)
***I go to the Scavy Hunt while Nick & Marie go do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour***
Dinner at Hungry Bear or Jolly Holiday
Fantasmic Dessert Seating

Saturday, Mar 2~~

Breakfast at Carnation Cafe
Dinner at Carthay Circle/WoC Dining Package
WoC late show

Sunday, Mar 3~~

Breakfast at Surf's Up with Mickey
Lunch at Trader Sams

***either go to the airport or dinner~~depends on when we head home/flight prices***

So now I hope I have the money to book Fantasmic & the tour on the 1st of February!! :crazy2:

Me too. Fantasmic! is my favorite show to watch. Best 30 minutes in the park.

That will be the first thing I strive for.....that is the one that sells out fast! The tour could be worked in at a different time if we had to.....I just liked how while I was busy, it would give you two a special thing to do. We'll see how it all plays out!

All good. If we don't get the tour during one of your Diva events, it won't be the end of the world. We would still find ways to run around and do different things in the park.

All good. If we don't get the tour during one of your Diva events, it won't be the end of the world. We would still find ways to run around and do different things in the park.

I figured you could find something to do at Disneyland..... :lmao:

Because I am one ornery little turd, I will be beating my mom to this by 2 hours. 31 DAYS LEFT!!!! One month from being at Disneyland for a few days. So excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter