NHL 2021/2022 Season Thread

I would expect the Blackhawks to lose, but they aren't playing tonight. They tossed Bowman and MacIsaac out today. The team overall is a mess. I believe both Kaner and Toews are our for COVID protocols so I'm not sure what else can go wrong.

On the brighter note, is it true that Chris Chelios is doing commentary/analysis on ESPN broadcasts??

I would expect the Blackhawks to lose, but they aren't playing tonight. They tossed Bowman and MacIsaac out today. The team overall is a mess. I believe both Kaner and Toews are our for COVID protocols so I'm not sure what else can go wrong.

On the brighter note, is it true that Chris Chelios is doing commentary/analysis on ESPN broadcasts??

Cheveldayoff should be tossed too, but the Jets organization is very tight knit and values loyalty so I think there are going to be some very, very tough conversations over the next few days. I just quickly read that he is going to be meeting with Bettman to answer questions on what he knew and when.

We play tonight in Anaheim and my heart wants to say we'll win, but my head says because of the distractions, we'll probably lose.

I am reading the official report about Aldrich and it is disturbing. I have lost so much respect for this team that I have loved for over 35 years. Q is a liar. Chevaldayoff is a liar. Rocky Wirtz said anyone involved will no longer be part of the organization. I wonder about the players that knew of the incident and did nothing - even going so far as to harass this victim.

I was so sad to read about the Blackhawks problems. I used to say that the NHL managed to keep their nose clean compared to other sports. They're just as bad. I feel bad that the Lightning's Tyler Johnson ended up there this year.

On a bright note, the Bolts slapped the Penguins down last night. They are starting to look better with a little line shuffling. I hope this trends continue. I felt bad for Vasy not getting his shutout. Shame on Killer.

So Q is out and Chevaldayoff is next. I am so disheartened by the statements made by Kane and Toews - how tone deaf they are. Toews was the captain of that 2010 team. There is just no way I believe he had no idea what happened - nope, no way. He should give up his C at the very least.

Panthers fan here. Really disappointed Q resigned. I totally understand and support why but selfishly am bummed because we were doing so well. :(

So Q is out and Chevaldayoff is next. I am so disheartened by the statements made by Kane and Toews - how tone deaf they are. Toews was the captain of that 2010 team. There is just no way I believe he had no idea what happened - nope, no way. He should give up his C at the very least.

He met with Bettman this morning and is not going to face any discipline. I’m not sure how I feel about it just yet.

He met with Bettman this morning and is not going to face any discipline. I’m not sure how I feel about it just yet.

I feel absolutely disgusted. All the others in that meeting lost their jobs and deservedly so, but Chevaldayoff just walks away unscathed??? It's sick. If the NHL won't do anything, then the Jets need to reach around, pull their heads out and FIRE HIM.

Coming in a bit late. Ottawa Sens fan here. No huge hopes for this season, hasn't been a great start (still better than last year's start at least) They say they're done rebuilding, but I think they need another year to be competitive.

I feel absolutely disgusted. All the others in that meeting lost their jobs and deservedly so, but Chevaldayoff just walks away unscathed??? It's sick. If the NHL won't do anything, then the Jets need to reach around, pull their heads out and FIRE HIM.

It’s definitely a stain on the team if he does end up sticking around (which looks likely).

Our game was delayed half an hour because six members of the Sharks have entered Covid protocol as well as the coach! I hope we don’t end up with a few cases because of this game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter