• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NHL 2021/2022 Season Thread

The Lightning vs Caps game was exciting to watch. A lot of back and forth and then OT. Lightning played their best so far this season (thank goodness!). I hope Rutta and Kuch are not hurt too badly.

How’s everyone’s teams doing so far?

Sharks are 2-0. Evander Kane is turning into an unwanted sideshow though, with his apparently gambling debts, allegations that he might have thrown games to pay for his debts, allegations of violence by his estranged wife, and his 21-game suspension for violation of the NHL COVID-19 protocol. I heard something about his using a faked vaccine card, but the NHL isn't specific about what the violation was. It's unclear if he's ever going play again for the Sharks.

Sharks are 2-0. Evander Kane is turning into an unwanted sideshow though, with his apparently gambling debts, allegations that he might have thrown games to pay for his debts, allegations of violence by his estranged wife, and his 21-game suspension for violation of the NHL COVID-19 protocol. I heard something about his using a faked vaccine card, but the NHL isn't specific about what the violation was. It's unclear if he's ever going play again for the Sharks.
My DH read it was a fake vaccine card as well. Could be a blessing in disguise for San Jose. Dude is nothing but a liability.

My DH read it was a fake vaccine card as well. Could be a blessing in disguise for San Jose. Dude is nothing but a liability.

They said last night (the panel during intermission) that San Jose can not end his contract, due to the NHLPA and their agreements. My guess is that they will honour the salary of the contract but will keep him as a healthy scratch until his contract expires. He is definitely damaged goods and there’s a good chance he’s played his last game in the NHL.

Blackhawks are sucking, as expected at 0-3-1. Who would have guessed that Fleury wasn't their savior?? LOL I am not a fan of that trade/signing. On the brighter (and more surprising side) side, Sharks looked pretty good last game I watched.

Just saw Marc Bergevin said Shea Weber will probably never play another NHL game because of his injuries - definitely out this entire season.

They said last night (the panel during intermission) that San Jose can not end his contract, due to the NHLPA and their agreements. My guess is that they will honour the salary of the contract but will keep him as a healthy scratch until his contract expires. He is definitely damaged goods and there’s a good chance he’s played his last game in the NHL.

Kane has 4 years left on his contract. They might have no other options other than to play him once he's eligible again. He's still an extremely talented player and frankly untradeable at this point.

Last edited:
Score predictions for tonight’s games?

Well, we’re down 2/3 of our top line, what with Scheifele testing positive for Covid as well. He will miss at least two more games after tonight.

But, it’s our home opener so I’m predicting a win. Not the goal extravaganza like in Minnesota, but a wins a win.

Well, we’re down 2/3 of our top line, what with Scheifele testing positive for Covid as well. He will miss at least two more games after tonight.

But, it’s our home opener so I’m predicting a win. Not the goal extravaganza like in Minnesota, but a wins a win.
Good luck. :thumbsup2

How’s everyone’s teams doing so far?

Well, my team is the Sabres. They're a hot mess. I think we’re on our 4th coach in 5 years? Let both goalies go, the new young prospect not ready for big club so we’ve got a 40 year old in net. They traded Sam Reinhart, pretty much the most consistent player on the team the last 2 years. Major drama with Jack Eichel… he came in as a savior but never came thru; he’s been injury prone since the first season; displayed occasional flashes of greatness but had mostly average games. Major rift with team medical staff since halfway thru last season over treatment for a neck injury, stripped of the C, now on long term IR. He’s pushing for a trade. He didn’t even show up for the home opener. Kyle Okposo barely scored since he’s been here & now he’s an alternate captain. We’ve had season tickets for years & I’m gonna need to have a roster handy for weeks, I don’t even know who most of the players are. We’re rebuilding. Again. Or maybe still. Haven’t made the playoffs in 10 years. Arena sits 19000. Between the mess the team is, Covid issues & the Canadian boarder still closed, the home opener had 6000 in attendance. And the popular anthem singer resigned over vaccine mandate. :headache: Yep, they’re a hot mess.

They’re also 3-0. :scared1: :scratchin

Well, I was right 🎉 🎉

We also may have invented the toque trick LOL

Kyle Connor scored two goals and the ice was littered with the free toque from the giveaway tonight. Jets fans on Twitter are saying it happened because were a little rusty lol. (It’s been 567 days since the Jets played in front of more than 500 fans [all health care workers]).

Blue Jackets. It’s like a whole new team lol.

No expectations. I just hope it’s fun to watch. Tonight wasn’t good, but some of our games have been better than expected!

The Lightning are still adjusting to no Kuch and new guys, new lines in the bottom 6. Last night's game was entertaining even with the loss.

So what's the interest in the outdoor games? I guess the Winter Classic and Stadium Series were nixed last season, but they did have the outdoor games at Lake Tahoe that didn't quite work out because the sun was too bright, which led to poor ice conditions. It looked incredible though. If they want to so something like that again, I'd suggest Yosemite Valley. They probably wouldn't allow use of a meadow though, and the old par 3 golf course is no longer available. Just a thought even if it's not practical.

So the Winter Classic is in Minneapolis and a Stadium Series game will be in Nashville. I supposed Nashville is cold enough that ice conditions shouldn't be too bad like when there were concerns about bad ice in Los Angeles, Dallas, or Silicon Valley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter