News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to the all new News Round Up thread for 2021!

This is a continuation of the threads from previous years. This thread is for sharing the smaller news stories that happen around WDW, from construction updates, rumors, observations, etc.

We try to keep discussion to a minimum here on this thread. If a news story generates large discussion that will be moved to a new thread where more in depth discussion can take place.

2021 is sure to be a year filled with a lot of news, change, and hope. 2020 was not the year many had wanted it to be. We all hope 2021 is filled with promise and better days. Thank you for joining in the discussion and lets make this the best News Round Up yet!

Coronavirus Operations thread

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Previous News Round Up threads

Original News Round Up

News Round Up 2016

News Round Up 2017

News Round Up 2018

News Round Up 2019

News Round Up 2020

Links to other important threads

Aerial Images of Disney theme parks NEW AERIALS

Major WDW projects completion dates (Read Post 1)

Epcot Construction Update Thread

Coronado Springs expansion

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1

Epcot Space Restaurant News

Star Wars resort!

New Monorail Fleet Ordered?

DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1)

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News

Disneyland Resorts Marvel expansion opens in 2020

Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Disneyland Paris expansion!

Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Tron coaster coming to MK

New DVC resort announced for Magic Kingdom area!

***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread

Epcot Entrance - Spine Overhaul Project

Park entrance and security changes

New 350 room hotel near Swan and Dolphin "The Cove"

Disney+ News

Walt Disney World Reopening Updates (News Only)

Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary News

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Renovations

Last edited:

Happy New Year, everyone!

So did WDW really close all parks at 11pm last night like they said they would, or did they surprise people with fireworks or something? I saw some vloggers on Instagram hanging out at the Contemporary late “just in case.”

Happy New Year, everyone!

So did WDW really close all parks at 11pm last night like they said they would, or did they surprise people with fireworks or something? I saw some vloggers on Instagram hanging out at the Contemporary late “just in case.”

They did close the parks at 11 - though let the ride queues clear and stuff so takes time to clear the park soa few people were still in the Hub area at Midnight but no fireworks from Disney

There were some going in in the surrounding area that could be seen from Disney property, but they weren't done by Disney.

Looks like they did do the Kiss Goodnight shortly after midnight so a little something for folks that stayed

I wonder if it might just be a name change to separate it more from the paid Eart Morning Magic events - just to avoid confusion from sound similar

Although, this now would both have "early" in the name so maybe not helping.

Aso makes me wonder is the After hours EMH going away permanently?
Blog Mickey's speculation in the article was that PM EMH was going away and "early entry" would mean extra time before park opening wouldn't *have* to be an hour. So trying to get people to stay on property with a "perk" but maybe nothing more than what's been happening currently with rides opening 30 minutes or more prior to official opening? Just make it for resort guests only?

I wonder if it might just be a name change to separate it more from the paid Eart Morning Magic events - just to avoid confusion from sound similar

Although, this now would both have "early" in the name so maybe not helping.

Aso makes me wonder is the After hours EMH going away permanently?

As far as getting rid of night extra hrs....I mean, I can't lie. I will pay for every single after hours event we can get in next October! (well, not Epcot, unless it means we can get on Rat...) 😂

I so hope it comes back, especially for Animal Kingdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!