News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's odd though as there are parts to each section that the barrier doesn't cover so you could still be facing another guest if people are sititng in those seats ... but I assume those would be more than 6 ft apart from each other so "ok" (though I question that since inside a moving but enclosed space for more than a few minutes)

I think this is more about fitting more than one small party on each side - so each seat section. As it says, before they would put no more than 2 groups in each section of a car, now they can fit up to 4 by splitting each side
Let's not forget that strollers and scooters also occupy the center of the cars...

it's odd though as there are parts to each section that the barrier doesn't cover so you could still be facing another guest if people are sititng in those seats ... but I assume those would be more than 6 ft apart from each other so "ok" (though I question that since inside a moving but enclosed space for more than a few minutes)

I think this is more about fitting more than one small party on each side - so each seat section. As it says, before they would put no more than 2 groups in each section of a car, now they can fit up to 4 by splitting each side

Once the monorails are done, would the Skyliner cars be far behind? Are they still loading one party per car?

The reality is that the plexiglass dividers going into the monorail cars will do nothing to stop COVID. Virus particles will just circulate above or around these dividers. Someone is making a ton of money on dividers that have little or no real protective value.

Something interesting is happening here, between this and the Indiana Jones game with Lucasfilm/Bethesda. I've been hoping that Disney would do more with gaming and their IPs so maybe this is the start?

EDIT: just a bit late. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It makes sense .. since the Pandemic has forced them to look more digitally. And gaming is just another exploding industry during the pandemic .. since it doesn't require any face-to-face contact. :)

Another new game coming - an open world Star Wars game developed by Ubisoft (which has me concerned, but we shall see)

Well, I mean Ubi's no worse than EA, right? Even EA has managed a few wins with Star Wars games, so I have faith. Ubi can make some good stuff at times.

Nah this is great news, because it means the EA exclusivity is gone as of 2023. So now studios can pitch for Star Wars games once again.

that part is definitely good - just think Ubisoft has pretty spotty record ... but maybe blind squirrel nut scenario

that part is definitely good - just think Ubisoft has pretty spotty record ... but maybe blind squirrel nut scenario
It’s the team behind The Division, so I’m not all that enthused for this game, just what it means for the grander picture. Although I’ll still take Ubisoft over EA or Activision in general.

Well, I mean Ubi's no worse than EA, right? Even EA has managed a few wins with Star Wars games, so I have faith. Ubi can make some good stuff at times.

Ubisoft has had issues with their 'games as a service' requiring an online connection even if playing single player, along with smaller micro transactions ... but it seems like everyone is headed in that direction.

I've got some faith in Ubisoft, even if it fits their generic open world formula of finding the 'tower' and unlocking more of the map (Assassin's Creed / Far Cry etc ...) it could still be a pretty fun game.

After the EA Battlefront 2 microtransaction backlash we got 2 very good Star Wars games. Squadrons was really fun for what it was, and I absolutely LOVED Fallen Order even though it was a bit rushed and buggy.

Ubisoft has had issues with their 'games as a service' requiring an online connection even if playing single player, along with smaller micro transactions ... but it seems like everyone is headed in that direction.

I've got some faith in Ubisoft, even if it fits their generic open world formula of finding the 'tower' and unlocking more of the map (Assassin's Creed / Far Cry etc ...) it could still be a pretty fun game.

After the EA Battlefront 2 microtransaction backlash we got 2 very good Star Wars games. Squadrons was really fun for what it was, and I absolutely LOVED Fallen Order even though it was a bit rushed and buggy.

I just finished Fallen Order on PC (I had to upgrade my video card). I thought it was great! I haven't gotten into Squadrons yet because I don't really care about multiplayer, but I'll buy it for the single player when I can get it for cheap on a STeam Sale (it was already down to $22.99 on the last one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter