News Round Up 2020

I've been a little bit out of the MMRR discussions so this has probably been discussed before...

Looks like they might have cut capacity in half? They're using the same basic ride vehicles but there's nowhere near the old capacity of the GMR vehicles.

Wonder if they needed that space for more scenery, or if they wanted the vehicles to have a tighter range of movement.
My understanding is that these are intended to dispatch more frequently than TGMR. There is seating for 32 per vehicle but in reality they will underfill that because of parties of 3 as well as pooh-sized people like me.

EDIT: had vehicle rider count wrong

Last edited:
To hit TGMR's average hourly ridership, they would need to dispatch a full 32 person train every 53 seconds. I imagine they will do that no problem: RnR dispatches every 53 seconds on average over the course of a day. This has 6 lap bars to check instead of 24 harnesses so I'm hopeful they can get it off more quickly than that even

EDIT: Had rider count wrong; substantially changes math and outcome

Last edited:

#ThanksShanghai
Sorry, I had to say it. Interesting how this is happening again, but for different reasons.
I don’t see the humour in this. People are losing their lives in China and many are living in fear that thankfully we cannot relate to. 3 Disney parks are shut down with no word as to what is happening to the CMs or their employment. Word is these parks could be closed for months.

This comment is not what these boards are about and I feel, it’s inappropriate.

I don’t see the humour in this. People are losing their lives in China and many are living in fear that thankfully we cannot relate to. 3 Disney parks are shut down with no word as to what is happening to the CMs or their employment. Word is these parks could be closed for months.

This comment is not what these boards are about and I feel, it’s inappropriate.
It’s a joke going back to when Shanghai was built in 2016 and went over budget. The Disney community started the #ThanksShanghai because everything that was cut or changed was being blamed on Shanghai much how right now everything is being blamed on the Asian parks being closed. It has nothing to do with the disease itself or anything like that.

It’s a joke going back to when Shanghai was built in 2016 and went over budget. The Disney community started the #ThanksShanghai because everything that was cut or changed was being blamed on Shanghai much how right now everything is being blamed on the Asian parks being closed. It has nothing to do with the disease itself or anything like that.
I know where the ‘joke’ began. I just don’t see what is happening to people as a thing to joke about. It’s peoples lives at stake and to me it’s not something to joke about.

I know where the ‘joke’ began. I just don’t see what is happening to people as a thing to joke about. It’s peoples lives at stake and to me it’s not something to joke about.

You can be offended, but it doesn’t mean we all have to be offended...or shamed. Yes, it is a serious situation; we all know that. (My husband’s business is close to being in serious trouble because of this.) But there’s nothing wrong with a little levity in the situation.

You can be offended, but it doesn’t mean we all have to be offended...or shamed. Yes, it is a serious situation; we all know that. (My husband’s business is close to being in serious trouble because of this.) But there’s nothing wrong with a little levity in the situation.
We'll agree to disagree on this one.

I'm done discussing it and ready to move on to the news.

News

casting calls have been put out for Starlord and Gamora for another summer with Awesome Mix Live!

My family is into Marvel...but this is definitely one place I would be ok with WDW cutting for the sake of budget. I couldn't even get through the youtube video of the full show in the comfort of my home let alone sit in the heat/humidity to watch it. Though Guardians is my least favorite part of Marvel and the music is a tad old for me.

My family is into Marvel...but this is definitely one place I would be ok with WDW cutting for the sake of budget. I couldn't even get through the youtube video of the full show in the comfort of my home let alone sit in the heat/humidity to watch it. Though Guardians is my least favorite part of Marvel and the music is a tad old for me.
I like the music and guardians and I still could do without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter