News Round Up 2020

It's going to be like After Hours events. I think low crowds like that make up for the other losses to some. If that doesn't make it worth it then skip it. I agree with you about needing to get away! I just went to the beach for a few days and it was great, but it was almost free for me. I would love to go see this unique WDW, but I would go solo and only if I lived closer.

Low crowds doesn't necessarily mean low wait times. Ride capacity will be impacted too, some more so than others.

GOLD AP RENEWAL UPDATE:

I wanted to share an update on Gold AP renewals. An email went out to DVC member services cast members just before 11:00 am authorizing them to renew Gold AP for members prior to their renewal window. I do not know if this only applies to guests with existing reservations after their expiration date or any gold AP holder. I also do not know if this applies to other levels of AP. I just happened to be in this very situation while on the phone with the member's services cast member when she received the email.

My pass was not "extended" but rather I was issued a Gold AP "renewal voucher" that was linked to MDE it shows the 12/31/30 expiration like an ordinary AP voucher that has not been redeemed and allowed me to make my park reservations.

Also, as a side note, I used an autodialer to get through to member services after 200 failed attempts in the last 24 hours that all resulted in busy signals. The autodialer had me on hold after less than a minute. The wait time was quoted as 35 minutes but was actually just under an hour.

Low crowds doesn't necessarily mean low wait times. Ride capacity will be impacted too, some more so than others.

I agree and people need to be ready for the cleaning to slow things down. I mean the freedom to walk in the pathways, no bathroom lines, no people running into you while staring at their phones. That is a nice dream. :)

I'm curious to see if they eventually allow us to alter the length of our vacation? We're currently booked for 9 nights which is great normally (we planned 3 WP days in there) but given the current state of things and anticipated lower crowds, I would consider shortening our trip. Saving a few nights of resort costs and dining is money that we could put towards a future trip.

It's really going to be something to experience! I know people are upset that Disney didn't lower ticket prices, but I also know a lot of people who said they would pay higher prices for low crowds. Here's the chance.
That's a good point -- and I am tempted for that to be able to do certain rides MULTIPLE times in a day - FoP, MFSR .. and go on rides that I've been missing due to long wait times and no FP availability (SDD) and to experience the new rides (Rise and MMRR) with little to no wait. I think when the wait times from mid-July are shared here a LOT more people may be willing to deal with the restrictions if wait times for the big rides are consistently 30 minutes or less.

In general, I think a lot of us are on the fence and just waiting to see how it is and waiting to here first-hand reports.

Maybe I'd just take the wife for a kids-free trip in the fall/winter. I'd be happy to pay non-discounted prices (for only TWO people) for little lines and deal with the restrictions without kids. Big difference in stress level --- wearing a mask myself or trying to convince/keep my kids wearing one.

I don’t think they’ll be increases much if at all, and from my experience waiting in lines at Universal, the socially distanced line is MUCH more pleasant to wait in, and goes by fast because you’re constantly moving. I’m soooo excited for no FP slowing down the lines, and being able to ride FoP/Slinky/7DMT/RotR whenever I want.

Really quite easy to just not read it.
It's actually a bit hard to do that honestly. By the time you've started reading the comment you're like "welp..."

Spoiler tag works great for this purpose so someone can still keep up with the thread and yet choose to be or not be spoiled if they want to :)

For those unfamiliar with spoiler tag navigate the Insert button and select Spoiler. It will pop up a text box for you to enter the title of your spoiler (like Spoiler for RotR or whatever. Then you select Continue. Your comment then will have a formula appear on your screen. In between the two parentheses you type in your spoiler. It'll appear like this below :) :)

Howdy!

By second pre-show scene, do you mean the "shuttle" that gets intercepted? While that's mostly a simulator it actually does move on a rotating platform to get you from where you enter the shuttle to when you exit onto the destroyer bridge. I don't see how they can get you from point A to point B without the shuttles unless they somehow figured out a way to safely move guests through that part of the show building.
They’ve skipped the shuttle before. It’s been posted in the SWGE forum. They just walked guests, I mean recruits, through a door. That being said, I really hope they don’t skip anything. I’d rather wait longer, and I’m normally all for short as possible waits.

It's actually a bit hard to do that honestly. By the time you've started reading the comment you're like "welp..."

Spoiler tag works great for this purpose so someone can still keep up with the thread and yet choose to be or not be spoiled if they want to :)

For those unfamiliar with spoiler tag navigate the Insert button and select Spoiler. It will pop up a text box for you to enter the title of your spoiler (like Spoiler for RotR or whatever. Then you select Continue. Your comment then will have a formula appear on your screen. In between the two parentheses you type in your spoiler. It'll appear like this below :) :)

Howdy!

I guess I’ve just become adept at skimming posts and if I see something that I don’t care to read or am actively trying to avoid I can register the context pretty quickly and just skip it.

OP wasn’t trying to maliciously ruin anyone’s fun, probably just thinking (typing) out loud and it didn’t occur to them that it would be an issue. Thanks for spreading the spoiler tag procedure. Should be helpful in the future.

I guess I’ve just become adept at skimming posts and if I see something that I don’t care to read or am actively trying to avoid I can register the context pretty quickly and just skip it.

OP wasn’t trying to maliciously ruin anyone’s fun, probably just thinking (typing) out loud and it didn’t occur to them that it would be an issue. Thanks for spreading the spoiler tag procedure. Should be helpful in the future.
Like I said I didn't even know about the spoiler tag for the longest time so I totally get it and on both sides. It's all good now anyways :) :)

Sigh. Finally decide to move to Orlando in November and now I'm unsure if we'll even be able to go to the parks at all. Don't have our APs yet since we're waiting until we can get the Florida resident rate.

Wonder if any days will even be open for passholders when we show up?

And before I get reamed by a response, yes, I know this isn't the worst problem in the world to have. But it is making me a bit antsy that we don't have our APs yet and I really hope things don't get booked up for the whole year in advance.

Sigh. Finally decide to move to Orlando in November and now I'm unsure if we'll even be able to go to the parks at all. Don't have our APs yet since we're waiting until we can get the Florida resident rate.

Wonder if any days will even be open for passholders when we show up?

And before I get reamed by a response, yes, I know this isn't the worst problem in the world to have. But it is making me a bit antsy that we don't have our APs yet and I really hope things don't get booked up for the whole year in advance.
I think you’ll be fine. I can’t see the parks filling everyday. They’re going to fill for the first week or 2 and maybe a certain park will fill on random days, but you’re going to be fine.

GOLD AP RENEWAL UPDATE:

I wanted to share an update on Gold AP renewals. An email went out to DVC member services cast members just before 11:00 am authorizing them to renew Gold AP for members prior to their renewal window. I do not know if this only applies to guests with existing reservations after their expiration date or any gold AP holder. I also do not know if this applies to other levels of AP. I just happened to be in this very situation while on the phone with the member's services cast member when she received the email.

My pass was not "extended" but rather I was issued a Gold AP "renewal voucher" that was linked to MDE it shows the 12/31/30 expiration like an ordinary AP voucher that has not been redeemed and allowed me to make my park reservations.

Also, as a side note, I used an autodialer to get through to member services after 200 failed attempts in the last 24 hours that all resulted in busy signals. The autodialer had me on hold after less than a minute. The wait time was quoted as 35 minutes but was actually just under an hour.

We went a different route - we simply bought NEW DVC Gold APs, and requested a partial refund on our OLD DVC Gold APs. NEW APs billed, and confirmed. For us? That "extension" is worthless.

We now have Tickets. The Clock Starts on first use (2021, 2022, whatever).
We have a verified APR 2021 booking.
Hence? The "System" allowed us to book a Park per day, for our entire scheduled 4-2021 trip. Oh, you BET I Page Captured this.... :).

Is the fact that
a preshow exists
considered a spoiler?

I’m always very careful not to give any details at all about the different rooms in the queue and only refer to them as “the preshow.” I try to always remain as spoiler free as possible so I get it, but most rides now have some sort of preshow and I would never think to consider that as spoiling the experience in any way. Maybe my response was quoting another poster that had something in it.

Just asking if that is not allowed so I know in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter