News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is, but we need a room that fits 5 people, so the cheapest option there is a 1 bedroom that is over $1,000 / night, so even at 40% off it is more than other options. If we fit in a regular room we definitely would have considered that

Thank! Just got the details via e-mail from one of the Disney pages I follow and I am working with at TA so just e-mailed her

We currently have a room at CBR that fits 5 people booked for 6 nights .... looks like we could theoretically get 20% off that and if we add park tickets ofr 6 days or more we would get an extra $30 gift card per person. Assuming this applies to the room category we need. .... we shall see!
A (DELUXE) studio at Riviera sleeps 5.

Last edited:
Actually, the discounts are pretty sucky if you ask me. The free dining is only for kids, there's no Stay, Play, Dine, and the regular percent-off room only offer only goes up to 25%.
I think they maybe holding out on the bigger deals until they see what impact Rise opening has on bookings going into January and February. I think they might be thinking that Rise will be such a hit with guest after it opens that social media and traditional media reaction to it will be big enough to boost occupancy rates without further discounts. The feeling I have from what Disney is doing now is they have convinced themselves the Rise opening is the actual opening of Galaxy Edge and that is when they will see the positive reactions and big crowds they were expecting all along. They are letting themselves believe that a boost to a traditionally strong Christmas season booking period are a response to Rise opening instead of just people taking advantage of discount deals to experience Christmas at Disney.

The free dining offer I am seeing seems pretty limited - so far looks like only good at the Values and only would apply to the kids, but everyone in your room needs to have the same package and needs to be non-discounted. So doesn't seem like much of a savings unless you have very spicif requirements (like more kids than adults, and going to stay at a value anyway and definitely getting the dining plan anyway, etc)

You do get a few extra little things with it - which is nice, and I found it interesting is one of the included things is a free stroller rental (so timing is interesting given the other stroller news of late)

here is the details from Disney Food Blog:

2020 Disney World FREE Dining for Kids Details!

Receive a FREE dining plan for ALL kids (ages 3 to 9) on the reservation when you buy a non-discounted Magic Your Way package for you and your child (or children)! Magic Your Way packages include a room at a select Disney Resort, theme park tickets, and any level of Disney Dining Plan.

But Disney’s sweetened this deal a little more! With their Free Dining booking, families will also receive the “Frozen Welcome Pack” for FREE, which includes:
  • Voucher for one stroller rental for the length of your stay (this includes in-park stroller rental only)
  • Voucher for one in-park 5×7 photo print per room
  • One merchandise bag per room including a plush toy, a book, and 2 treats.

Here are the specifics you need to know before you book…

Dates of Travel: Free Dining for Kids is being offered to guests ARRIVING on most nights January 1-March 7, 2020. You must book by January 1st, 2020, to get the offer.

Disney Dining Plans: All guests on the reservation must be on the same package, and all three Disney Dining Plans — Quick Service, Standard, and Deluxe — are eligible. If you book a Magic Your Way package with hotel, tickets, and Dining Plan, kids ages 3-9 will get the Dining Plan for FREE.

Length of Stay Requirement: Disney quotes a 3-day, 3-night stay in their promotional materials, but we were able to successfully book a 2-night stay when doing our research (we were not able to book a 1-night stay).

Participating Resorts: Offer is only available at participating Disney World Resort Hotels. Right now, it looks like only Value Resorts are included. Some may sell out quickly. So be sure to book your preferred resort hotel quickly. You can always change or cancel your reservation at a later date.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019...g-for-kids-package-now-available-for-booking/
Thanks so much for sharing these details!

I'm pricing things out for friends and only one of their 4 children is a child (age 7) so they're better off with the other deals. It could be we're not seeing it because of the Canadian ticket discount that is currently being offered. That discount can be combined with a room discount (Disney even does this for us when we go to book a package) so I can't see where the limited FD offer would ever be better for Canadians right now in comparison to the other 2 offers that we can combine together.

Thanks again for sharing though!

I think they maybe holding out on the bigger deals until they see what impact Rise opening has on bookings going into January and February. I think they might be thinking that Rise will be such a hit with guest after it opens that social media and traditional media reaction to it will be big enough to boost occupancy rates without further discounts. The feeling I have from what Disney is doing now is they have convinced themselves the Rise opening is the actual opening of Galaxy Edge and that is when they will see the positive reactions and big crowds they were expecting all along. They are letting themselves believe that a boost to a traditionally strong Christmas season booking period are a response to Rise opening instead of just people taking advantage of discount deals to experience Christmas at Disney.
It could be but what we're seeing being offered today is similar to what we normally see being offered at this time of year. Last year the offers came out Sep 28th so they're a little later this year.

hmm, maybe just none available my dates then ... I did check online and the only options at the Riviera that came up were the 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom ... guess I could check again though

Thanks for mentioning this!
Probably not going to get a deluxe studio unless you can book in the 7 - 11 month window. They seem very popular. Best bet is the 1 bedroom. We got a tower studio for the last week of February at 7 months but it had to be because I got lucky with the refresh.

Probably not going to get a deluxe studio unless you can book in the 7 - 11 month window. They seem very popular. Best bet is the 1 bedroom. We got a tower studio for the last week of February at 7 months but it had to be because I got lucky with the refresh.

Cash availability would be very different than DVC availability, particularly since only a small percentage of rooms has been declared for DVC. I'm sure that's why Disney's offering such a large discount - most of the hotel is still cash bookings.

The Deluxe Studios have a queen bed, pull out bed (sofa), and a pull-down single bed. I believe the Deluxe Studios at Riviera are the second-largest studios behind Polynesian.

That’s not how cash reservation booking direct from Disney works with most of the resort not declared yet. Disney owns a huge amount of inventory that hasn’t been declared into DVC yet for owners to book because the points aren’t sold yet. I believe that is why you see this huge offer for Disney Visa - Disney is holding a lot of rooms to book on cash right now.

There’s a new annual passholder room discount offer out now:

With this offer, Passholders like you can save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney resort hotels for stays most nights January 1 through April 25, 2020.
Book now through April 25, 2020 to take advantage of this offer.

I tried to check availability but after my rocket ship countdown I was sent back to the main page so I wish anyone else looking for the offer better luck...
Cool. I guess the new year is around the corner! Love seeing discounts, but my AP expires in November with 0% chance to renew at the new +$300 prices.

But from what I've heard about normal rates at most of the hotels for next years, are they just pulling a "Kohls" on us? Where the discount looks good (35% off!) but in reality, the rack rates are so high, the prices of the hotels are probably still more than this year?

Cool. I guess the new year is around the corner! Love seeing discounts, but my AP expires in November with 0% chance to renew at the new +$300 prices.

But from what I've heard about normal rates at most of the hotels for next years, are they just pulling a "Kohls" on us? Where the discount looks good (35% off!) but in reality, the rack rates are so high, the prices of the hotels are probably still more than this year?

DING DING DING

With Force Friday, there are new Star Wars Lego sets out and some are for Rise of Skywalker.

Some tidbits from them I noticed - put in Spoiler Tags:
- new Millennium Falcon set, this includes a minifig for Boolio which is a new character/alien in Rise of Skywalker
- new Resistance Y-Wing - so, the Reisistence will have Y-Wings for sure and includes minifigs for Zorri Bliss (the character Kerri Russell is playing) and a First Order Snow Trooper
- updated version of Kylo Ren's shuttle that includes mini figs for, what is called "Supreme Leader Kylo Ren", General Pryde (a new character played by Richard Grant), A new Sith Trooper, and two Knights of Ren

- a Resistance A-Wing with minifigs for Snap Wexley and Lieutenant Connix
- Pasanna Speeder Chase - featuring Rey, BB-8, a First Order Jet Trooper, and a First Order Treadspeeder Trooper

Also new from The Mandelorian Show is a AT-ST Raider - which includes figures for The Mandalorian, Cara Dune and 2 Klatooinian Raider minifigures.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/sta...xPdL9aQrlRmPbQ88aslavok790rERR1wNwSPfp1egsVoA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter