News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiverse shenanigans can easily fix this and with The Eternals setting the stage for P4 I think they will be fine without Spider-Man. There are so many young, coming of age heroes they can replace him with. Ms Marvel, Stature (Cassie Lang), Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), Speed and Wiccan (twin sons of Wanda and Vision), and Nova.

As stated, I don' think Marvel will have much of a problem with this (as sad as I personally am to see the character leave the MCU). I think the lack of a deal is really a big issue for Sony going forward.

Not sure if this is just spin, but Sony has released a statement (via some tweets) stating that the reason for the breakdown on Spiderman Sony/MCU is due to Kevin Feige not having time to focus on third party projects

Its all public negotiation. I am willing to bet Disney was the previous leak, and Sony is trying to spin it. I am betting when this is all done, there will be a deal, with Disney not getting all they wanted.

Its all public negotiation. I am willing to bet Disney was the previous leak, and Sony is trying to spin it. I am betting when this is all done, there will be a deal, with Disney not getting all they wanted.

yup - I am still optimistic something gets done in the end as it is for the best for both sides. From what I saw, Disney wanted a 50/50 split on profits and Sony wanted to continue with existing structure (where Disney gets 5% of gross)

probably gets settled somewhere in the middle .... just hope it doesn't take so long to negotiate that it messes with plans/timelines/etc.

yup - I am still optimistic something gets done in the end as it is for the best for both sides. From what I saw, Disney wanted a 50/50 split on profits and Sony wanted to continue with existing structure (where Disney gets 5% of gross)

probably gets settled somewhere in the middle .... just hope it doesn't take so long to negotiate that it messes with plans/timelines/etc.

The good thing is Spiderman is not in Phase 4. I would think this gives them some time to work it out. Although I can see Sony saying screw it and starting their own spin off Universe. They have the Characters.

The good thing is Spiderman is not in Phase 4. I would think this gives them some time to work it out. Although I can see Sony saying screw it and starting their own spin off Universe. They have the Characters.

Part of the original deal was that Spider-Man got a film very 2 years so that would have filled the July slot in 2021 and I'm sure he would have popped up here and there but I doubt he was integral.

Sony interpreted 'Venom' making as much as Homecoming equaling it was a good movie and they don't need Marvel/Disney anymore.

My sons are going to be very sad that they are changing roadster racers, but I can see why - recent episodes have already run out of real "racing" story lines.
The new version of the hot dog song is comically bad. It sounds like someone trying to do a cover without getting caught by Disney copyright on youtube.:crazy2:

I think they're realizing that they can't strike gold twice. MM Clubhouse was on forever and is still a favorite in my house over the Roadster Racers. At lot of kids shows are phasing out the "talk back" portions (think Dora or MMClubhouse), but for little kids, that still works really well.

Well I'm really hoping the site that cannot be named is wrong again. They just floated some star wars hotel pricing. $3,300 for 2 nights per person, or a cabin of 5 for 2 nights at $7,200. If that's accurate you can count me out of staying there.

Way too early for anything definitive on that. Whether he has a source or not.

Well I'm really hoping the site that cannot be named is wrong again. They just floated some star wars hotel pricing. $3,300 for 2 nights per person, or a cabin of 5 for 2 nights at $7,200. If that's accurate you can count me out of staying there.
Everyone expected this to be crazy expensive though. This is also supposed to be an “all inclusive” type experience. In addition to that there is a small amount of rooms. The supply is low and with an expected high level of demand they had to price it high.

yeah, no idea what their source is, if it is super accurate, but honetsly, that is in the ballpark of what they were expecting. I was thinking at least $1,000/person for a 2 night stay so this is a bit more than that, but not so much more.

I do think they will get enough people to do it ... but for how long? and will people repeat or one and done?

I just the other day looked at a Sandals resort. The cheapest room for 2 nights was $3,200; most rooms were about $4,000. So IDK it's not like it's an unheard of rate.

As simple as that would make things, it's not even remotely possible. Disney is worth approximately $98.598 billion. Sony is worth $198.928 billion.
Buying just their Sony Pictures Entertainment division (not all of Sony Corp) would cost less than the Fox acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter