News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor

Disney hasn’t ordered a new fleet of monorails yet

https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/rumor-wal...-bombardier-despite-mounting-safety-concerns/

As far as I know an actual order has not been placed but Disney is actively working on things. Either way we are years away yet.

I'm wondering if part of the reason that the new monorails have (probably) not been ordered yet is concern that Bombardier would even be able to deliver the order?

The city of Toronto ordered 204 new streetcars that were supposed to be fully delivered by the end of 2019. This quote is from an article in the Toronto Star in January of this year, 'Under the original terms of the $1-billion purchase, Bombardier was supposed to deliver all 204 new vehicles by the end of 2019. But the company has consistently blown deadlines; it was supposed to have supplied a total of 148 cars by the end of 2017, but instead managed just 59.' Full Toronto Star article.

Since that time many of the first 59 streetcars that were delivered have already been returned to Montreal to fix welding problems. The streetcar situation and lack of delivery on Bombardier's part is often in the news here.

It could be that the new monorails have not been ordered because Bombardier cannot commit to a timeline that meets Disney's needs?? I have no idea if the same area would create both streetcars and monorails but I do know Bombardier has had many delivery deadline challenges.

I do agree though that we are at a critical point with the monorails needing to be replaced. But....when and by whom??

This trailer being dropped had to make your Thanksgiving even better.
You have no idea...I was playing a game on my phone while watching football (of course). Commercials start and I just hear James Earl Jones voice say “everything the light touches.” I literally gasp and everyone around me asked if I was ok while I just sat speechless. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter