News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

ESPN President Jim Pitaro says he has honed in on four goals since taking over

1. Direct to Consumer
2. Audience expansion (younger audience/social media)
3. Quality programming
4. Innovation
Not to mention the fact that they announced yesterday they will not be showing the National Anthem on Monday night football! And they wonder why they are losing viewers!!

I hope we form a DIS rumors board group and hang out in line sometime. (I'm already pretty certain I'm not waiting 8 hours in line for live action, but I still might buy the inflatable matresses for some of the others. (Want to do animation and the parks one of course.)

I definitely see people meeting up. I already know @OhioStateBuckeye, but there are others on the boards that I haven't met in person that I hope to see at D23. I am also thinking about doing a VIP tour before the expo starts for Black Spire, so I will need to find some friends to join me:) I'll probably mostly be going along for the ride at the expo, since this is my first one. However, if it were a princess panel, then I won't be waiting at all. I get the impression that part of the fun of the expo is the times when you are waiting around with others.

Yeah we did Live Action last year, not sure if we'll even bother again this year. I think I had myself worked up that Lin Manuel Miranda was going to sing something for Mary Poppins and he didn't. I'll have to see what the live action movies are that will be coming out.

We did have a good time (as good as you can have) waiting for live action last time. There were 5 of us in our group and someone brought a Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart. I had my book as well. They played movies on the TVs in the hall with the volume down (Star Wars, Moana). Then we walked around and found Craig and Ryno on their inflatable rafts.

Have you guys been in the D23 thread over on the Disneyland board yet? We could move this conversation there so as to not make @rteetz feel any more left out.

Yeah we did Live Action last year, not sure if we'll even bother again this year. I think I had myself worked up that Lin Manuel Miranda was going to sing something for Mary Poppins and he didn't. I'll have to see what the live action movies are that will be coming out.

We did have a good time (as good as you can have) waiting for live action last time. There were 5 of us in our group and someone brought a Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart. I had my book as well. They played movies on the TVs in the hall with the volume down (Star Wars, Moana). Then we walked around and found Craig and Ryno on their inflatable rafts.

Have you guys been in the D23 thread over on the Disneyland board yet? We could move this conversation there so as to not make @rteetz feel any more left out.
Yeah I’m already jealous enough!

I’m over there.

@rteetz Yoy have got to go to Disunplugged events to which @OhioStateBuckeye and I haven’t been. I think you have had a pretty full Disney experience, especially for your age:) However, moving it over is better.

67 days! Can’t wait to see the MNSSHP stuff.

All the small changes to rides are SUCH a step in the right direction. I’m curious if it’ll happen for Christmas Party too.

That's an interesting thought.

They could do mad tea party pretty much the same, maybe have snowflakes being projected by the lights as you ride. Like the giant snowflakes they protect into the ground near the tapstyles.

Not sure what else they could do with rides, of course there's the jingle cruise.

They could always bring back the country bears Christmas show. It's always recorded so they'd just have to change up the bears movements. That wouldn't be too difficult.

That's an interesting thought.

They could do mad tea party pretty much the same, maybe have snowflakes being projected by the lights as you ride. Like the giant snowflakes they protect into the ground near the tapstyles.

Not sure what else they could do with rides, of course there's the jingle cruise.

They could always bring back the country bears Christmas show. It's always recorded so they'd just have to change up the bears movements. That wouldn't be too difficult.

I don’t see why they can’t do something similar with mad tea party all the time. It would be an easy plus for a nighttime ride.

So now time to start guessing how big the screen will be that replaces it. A large one or lots of little moving ones.

And from what I just read it's closing due to low attendance and high operating costs. And no replacement is planned yet. Article I saw said construction is being looked at for its replacement to start outward so of 2 years. But who knows where that info came from, no source was cited.

That last Univ rumor I heard was this area was being considered for a Nintendoland section...specifically Hyrule.

As the rumor goes the original plan layout we have seen on here with Nintentoland in the kids area of Studios was scrapped and they are now leaning towards breaking up Nintendoland into all, (eventual, 3 of its parks. This is in part to the success of splitting the HP lands

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!