News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I never be to the point where I feel comfortable spending that kind of money on accessories! I needed a black purse earlier this year and struggled with the $30 or so at Target. lol
To date the most expensive I have paid was $75+tax for my Vera Bradley Disney crossbody bought in DS in September. I was hesitant in getting it but I only paid $12 in cash because the rest was Disney gift cards. I do admit though I love love love my bag and I'm so glad I got it.

I have a Michael Kors bag that was like $35 but that was because it was 80% off at DSW.

Lol the most expensive Bag I have purchased for myself as a male. Has been a well made Coach leather bag to hold my laptop and other office supplies, yet even then I ended up giving it to my wife to use as her mother ship and our Carry On for air travel. I wont tell you the price but I paid what I did because it was better then normal quality leather from Coach who has lately been skimping on structural design and leather quality in there bags.

My wife has a couple of the cherry tree lane dresses but she also makes her own Disney clothes. So no worries on either front

Lol the Dooney Purses have there pros and cons. Its all what people are willing to spend. Same with the Dresses from Cherry Tree Lane

Indeed. I mean no disrespect those those who enjoy these bags and such, it just isn't my thing. I do think they look nice and there have been a few Star Wars ones that have piqued my interest, but not enough to actually fork over the money. We just don't have the disposable income for that.

I'm not at the point where I feel comfortable spending that much on purses, wallets, etc but I do like their styles they choose for the most part. Haunted Mansion, Cinderella and actually this newest one for Mulan are probably my favorites.

I wish you could tell my wife this. I think they are insanely priced. Of course I also spent $150 on a Enchanted Tiki Room sign - so what do I know.

Lol the most expensive Bag I have purchased for myself as a male. Has been a well made Coach leather bag to hold my laptop and other office supplies, yet even then I ended up giving it to my wife to use as her mother ship and our Carry On for air travel. I wont tell you the price but I paid what I did because it was better then normal quality leather from Coach who has lately been skimping on structural design and leather quality in there bags.

My wife has a couple of the cherry tree lane dresses but she also makes her own Disney clothes. So no worries on either front
With all due respect I'm not saying things about quality nor telling other people not to purchase something priced at that amount. I'm just saying that I'm not at the point where I feel comfortable spending that much. I love the designs myself I'm just not up for spending that much for the particular product or type of product but as with many things people spend money on what they personally want to.

I’ll admit, I am mildly annoyed by Duffy and his friends...but obviously, I am not the target audience. It just seems that The Fab Five play second fiddle to these “newcomers” in the Asian parks. They don’t have a lot of interest in the Mouse with whom it all started? (Though I recognize the princesses get a lot of play in the American parks.)

I've found that is sort of with everything - they didn't grow up with Walt nor the original Disney product. Look at Shanghai - the pirates ride is based off the movies, not the original attraction and the Alice in Wonderland hedge maze is based off the recent Johnny Depp films, not the original animated version

I've also heard that is a reason that the Solo movie did even worse internationally than it did in the U.S. - they don't care about the original Star Wars movies, nor those characters, just the new ones

Can you please tell me how to post?? I just want to find out if anyone who has been to disney sea thinks I can wit and buy my tickets when I get to tokyo??

It's very common for people to buy their tickets at the park or from the hotel. I don't see an issue. However, I wouldn't try to buy them at park opening, unless the booths are open way before that. I don't know when the booths open. Here are some Tokyo sites that I have been reading. Definitely check out the international DIS boards though. The Tokyo action is a bit limited over there though.

https://touringplans.com/tokyo-disney
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/tokyo-disney-trip-planning-guide/

I’ll admit, I am mildly annoyed by Duffy and his friends...but obviously, I am not the target audience. It just seems that The Fab Five play second fiddle to these “newcomers” in the Asian parks. They don’t have a lot of interest in the Mouse with whom it all started? (Though I recognize the princesses get a lot of play in the American parks.)

The Japanese are all into the "cutesie wotsie" stuff that's why Duffy and Friends are so popular. We noticed this when we went in 2015. I went to the Duffy store to pick up a few items and guests of all ages were standing in front of a large section of key chains, they stood and compared each piece before adding it to their shopping tote. It took FOREVER!

upload_2018-6-25_15-46-14.png

May I never be to the point where I feel comfortable spending that kind of money on accessories! I needed a black purse earlier this year and struggled with the $30 or so at Target. lol

well as someone that has spent upwards of $10,000 total on catchers gear over the years for one of my twins and probably as much on golf equipment for me, $250 for a purse doesn't sound like too awful much...pirate:..Heck, the last year my boy played summer collegiate baseball I bought him a 5 pack of Marrucci wood bats for more than twice that and had to end up buying two more to get him through the summer. All things are relative I guess.

I spent that on the Adventurers Club sign, but I can't bring myself to spend more than about $50 on a purse (and even then it better be real leather and super on sale).

I only spent $125 on the Adventurer's Club sign....and I regret that even less. And now that I think about it - the Enchanted Tiki Room sign was a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter