News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that I enjoy this ride better at night after watching this video. I still wish that some of the tunnels had more than just dark walls. At least add some projection or "scenes" that could go along with the story like the last tunnel does.

The only negative I see to riding it at night (which looks to be the best time to ride this attraction now) is once World of Color reopens, the amount of time to ride this at night is going to be limited.

It does look like projections or something in “Violet’s” tunnel and that lit oks pretty cool at night.

The others, especially the part with Mr Incredible do look a bit empty

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...at-could-easily-go-the-way-of-an-ip-makeover/

I had another article published for the dis, if anyone wants to go check it out I armchair imagineer flipping original Disney attractions to ip based rides (not that i want that to happen).

For splash mountain, I think it would be great to see a Pocahontas layover. The drop at the end could easily be the big waterfall that she goes over.

Jungle Cruise also needs a facelift.

Loved your idea about Sugar Rush!! That would be so awesome!!!

JUST DON'T TOUCH THE TIKI ROOM! That is off limits.

Most complete review of Toy Story Land I have seen:

https://www.themainstreetmoms.com/2018/06/24/i-saw-the-giant-woody-my-review-of-toy-story-land/

A few things I noticed her point out:
- there are some coverings in queue for SDD
- SDD uses individual lap bars but no divider among seats and seats are much roomier and can comfortable than 7DMT
- Rode it four times and found it more intense than expected (noted one person threw up due to the ride)
- found the cars to AS2 to be a bit roomier than Mater’s and also ride much smoother
- can hear Jessie and Rex figure talk
- overall, can tell there were some cuts but really loved the land (and she had been to TSL in Hong Kong so had something to compare it to)

Most complete review of Toy Story Land I have seen:

https://www.themainstreetmoms.com/2018/06/24/i-saw-the-giant-woody-my-review-of-toy-story-land/

A few things I noticed her point out:
- there are some coverings in queue for SDD
- SDD uses individual lap bars but no divider among seats and seats are much roomier and can comfortable than 7DMT
- Rode it four times and found it more intense than expected (noted one person threw up due to the ride)
- found the cars to AS2 to be a bit roomier than Mater’s and also ride much smoother
- can hear Jessie and Rex figure talk
- overall, can tell there were some cuts but really loved the land (and she had been to TSL in Hong Kong so had something to compare it to)

Interesting. Disboards member Kate posted a review and specifically mentioned how rough AS2 was. https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3661485/page-117#post-59390115

For splash mountain, I think it would be great to see a Pocahontas layover. The drop at the end could easily be the big waterfall that she goes over.

Jungle Cruise also needs a facelift.

Loved your idea about Sugar Rush!! That would be so awesome!!!

JUST DON'T TOUCH THE TIKI ROOM! That is off limits.

Yeah I don't necessarily want the original rides taken over, it was just fun to think about.

I still think HeiHei popping up every once in awhile in the tiki room wouldn't be too disruptive.

Great article @OhioStateBuckeye ! I loved hearing DisUnplugged disucss it. While I hope Disney won't change those rides, they were great options for if they had to!

Now who has an idea for a Mulan ride?!

Thanks!

I think I'd rather see Mulan get her own ride. It can be a regular dark ride in the beginning, then when the rocket is shot off in the snowy mountains, your ride vehicle can suddenly start sliding down in a bobsled type of track.

Yeah I don't necessarily want the original rides taken over, it was just fun to think about.

I still think HeiHei popping up every once in awhile in the tiki room wouldn't be too disruptive.

Thanks!

I think I'd rather see Mulan get her own ride. It can be a regular dark ride in the beginning, then when the rocket is shot off in the snowy mountains, your ride vehicle can suddenly start sliding down in a bobsled type of track.

Truthfully, I loved reading your ideas and thought they were fun. I think if WDW were to add a M&G with Moana after the show and a magic shot with HeiHei that would seal the deal for me! I don't think adding Moana and HeiHei to the show would be intrusive like Stitch, so I'm all for it. :-)

SDD uses individual lap bars

This makes me so happy. I wish all lap bar rides did this. It's just not as fun when you ride with someone that causes the lap bar to not come down on your lap. That 2-3 inch gap between my legs and the bar can make things way too bouncy and sometimes painful. I have to brace myself so I make sure I stay in my seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter