News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure - it might not be a sign of things coming super soon just that now as a castaway club member you can book in that early window online rather than having to call or have your travel agent call

We are thinking of using our placeholder as well for the next release - thinking about a sailing in fall of 2019 that leaves from the New York area

We also have our eye on the NYC sailings, those one any from Puerto Rico.

Anyone have an idea how often the park hours get updated on the Disney website? I believe I remember saying it was a month out that they get updated, but heading down to WDW June 5-12 and the park hours are updated to June 1, but not beyond that.

News/rumor/something

Change coming to booking for Disney Cruise Line as people were sent out an e-mail today and the Castaway Club page was updated with the following text today:

COMING SOON: Early Online Booking for New Itineraries

For our next itinerary announcement, members will be able to book online during a designated early booking window. Please verify your Castaway Club level listed at the top left of this page, so that you'll be ready to book when the new itineraries become available.

If you have any questions about your Castaway Club status, please contact Disney Cruise Line at (800) 449-3380.
Castaway Club emails are fake news, I never get any. :rolleyes1

Anyone have an idea how often the park hours get updated on the Disney website? I believe I remember saying it was a month out that they get updated, but heading down to WDW June 5-12 and the park hours are updated to June 1, but not beyond that.

Should be any day now. Touring Plans will send out emails with official changes and their predictions. I got the update on hours for June 1 and 2 on April 13th. If you join the June travelers thread (in my signature) I'll notify when more hours have been added.

They are weird about updating that stuff. Hours can change even day of. I would just keep checking.

Should be any day now. Touring Plans will send out emails with official changes and their predictions. I got the update on hours for June 1 and 2 on April 13th. If you join the June travelers thread (in my signature) I'll notify when more hours have been added.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Also, @Roxyfire joined the thread! Didn't even know that existed so thank you for pointing it out!

I have gotten like 20 emails for hours changing for November in the last week or so.

A night of dog themed movies and no Old Yeller? What's up with that?

It seems lately Disney changes hours constantly. When we were there in February they changed the hours within the week that we were there. (I was late to rope drop because they changed DAK park opening from 9 AM to 8 AM within a week of the date and I didn't check it.) So even if they update it, make sure to check week of.

I think they alter hours based on occupancy and weather forecasts. They changed hours a bunch about a week before our trip. I think they start with shorter hours and expand when they think it is warranted.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Also, @Roxyfire joined the thread! Didn't even know that existed so thank you for pointing it out!

No problem! There's usually one for each month over on that board so it's a nice way to get to know folks who are traveling around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter