News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed Pixar Pier was just a short term fix to try to convince locals that there was something new and exciting.

Though DL really confuses me. I've heard that the parks are just unbelievably swamped all the time. So with that reasoning they don't really need a short term new thing to draw in the crowds. But if that is the case, why even bother with Pixar Pier? It's mostly just putting a new coat of paint on things.

I know they are doing things to try to get DCA to be more popular to help draw people away from Disneyland proper, especially once Star Wars Land opens (so having the Halloween stuff there, moving Paint the Night there, etc.) ... not sure if Pixar Pier is gonna do it, but Marvel Land will help

Universal News:

Land Lawsuit blocking new theme park development for Universal Settled.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...ntendo-pokemon-theme-park-20180411-story.html

This means Universal is all clear to build a new theme park on the 500+ acres it owns south of the current site/Lockheed. What's still outstanding is the fate of 300 more acres down there, which won't be known until around May 10th. If the settlement includes that, after that date Universal will own ~1400 acres (including a big spot next to the orange county convention center, but 300 of it will be wetlands). It's the largest chunk of undeveloped land left in the touristy area.

Last edited:
I know they are doing things to try to get DCA to be more popular to help draw people away from Disneyland proper, especially once Star Wars Land opens (so having the Halloween stuff there, moving Paint the Night there, etc.) ... not sure if Pixar Pier is gonna do it, but Marvel Land will help
You hit the nail on the head. Actually build a marvel land instead of teasing it, build some state of the art attractions, and reap the benefits. It ain’t hard

Japan is on the top of my list. More so than China or Paris.

Hoping to get to DL Japan, Universal Osaka, the Miyazaki park, and other parts of Japan in 2022. It will probably take me that long to plan it with how difficult it seems to plan a DL Japan trip and the complete lack of info on Universal Osakao_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter