News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re converting a QS place to a TS place, now that they’re converting BOG to a fancier TS place for one meal a day. I get that.

For people like us who prefer a sit down meal for dinner, this adds an option. Feels like there are still plenty of QS options in MK — are there?

We gave up PVH after trying it once — didn’t like it at all. Is it really a loss not having is as QS?
As I said, I'm looking at it from an eating capacity stance. QS restaurants get more in and out than do the sit-downs. As for plenty of QSs, in Fantasyland I can think of only the Friar's Nook (tater tots), Gaston's Tavern (some pastries and a turkey leg) and um, errr, welllllll, nada, as those don't serve full meals. You have Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Rays, the Launching Pad, Casey's, and the horrendous Tomorrowland Terrace when it is open. Frankly, eating options at MK are limited as a whole but I feel taking away a QS in an already crowded low-option park is a bad idea for the majority of guests.

I have low confidence the food will be good, but I think it’s a great idea to have a cheaper (food quality and price) dinner buffet option for families. I could see us eating there if we originally planned QS for dinner, but we’re hungnrier or wanted a longer break.
This assumes you won't have to book it 180 out and I highly doubt that'll be the case.

Can't wait for Wreck It Ralph 2 this Thanksgiving but I'm afraid it may get crushed by Universal/Illumination's Grinch That Stole Christmas.

I don't know, Wreck It Ralph was so amazing and if it keeps in the same vein as the original, I can't imagine it not being wonderful.

Universal/Illumination on the other hand- outside of the first Despicable Me (which I LOVED), I have not been impressed by any of their other animated features.

News/rumor

Just go at off the Disney Wonder and one interesting thing is they were trying out running the big shows 2 nights in a row each and then the other acts (magicians, etc) only performed in one of the clubs

The reason someone found was that for the new ships they are going to have smaller theaters (and this need to run the shows multiple times for everyone to get to see them) and larger public spaces

Side note: the Frozen show was amazing and we got to see Black Panter in the large theater with a packed house and loved it!

This was posted earlier. I'm not surprised. Disneyland will be crazy when this opens.

It's already crassly crowded. The mandatory MaxPass for the Star Wars attractions is interesting as basically means you have to pay for FP to them - wonder if something similar will come to WDW where standard FP won't work for them and you need "super" FP or something only people staying on site can get and have to pay for them or something

News/rumor

Just go at off the Disney Wonder and one interesting thing is they were trying out running the big shows 2 nights in a row each and then the other acts (magicians, etc) only performed in one of the clubs

The reason someone found was that for the new ships they are going to have smaller theaters (and this need to run the shows multiple times for everyone to get to see them) and larger public spaces

Side note: the Frozen show was amazing and we got to see Black Panter in the large theater with a packed house and loved it!

Welcome back! Hope you had a great cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter