News Round Up 2017

I went through MCO security yesterday with an obscene amount of candy. No one said a thing. Now this was the pre-check line but no one asked about or made us empty the candy. :confused3
We had friends go through shortly before us. They had no problem. TSA stopped EVERYTHING for 15 minutes then started letting people go through. Possible they only do it at certain times now until it’s fully initiated. NO warnings. NO signs. NOTHING. Just dumped a huge amount of candy and treats from Disney because we were going to miss our flight.

WARNING TO TRAVELERS
TSA in Orlando is checking EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CANDY. You have to have it in a separate tote. The lines are RIDICULOUS. So many are yelling at TSA for missing their flights. If you need to take any food or candy at all get there HOURS beforehand.

We were told this will be county wide in January.
When I was traveling home in early September, the line for security wasn't long. However, it took forever to get through security because they were checking everything. We got to the airport 2 hours before thanks to DME, but it took us over an hour to go through security. We got to our gate 45 minutes before our flight (15 minutes before boarding began).

When I went to MCO a little over a week ago, I checked in and got through security within 15 minutes of getting there. It was very easy.

I went to MNSSHP each trip, but I put my candy in my luggage. I didn't carry it on the plane since I always thought that you couldn't take food through security. I guess that has changed.

We had friends go through shortly before us. They had no problem. TSA stopped EVERYTHING for 15 minutes then started letting people go through. Possible they only do it at certain times now until it’s fully initiated. NO warnings. NO signs. NOTHING. Just dumped a huge amount of candy and treats from Disney because we were going to miss our flight.
MCO is now one of my least fave airports, ranking up there with Ohare and ATlanta. My last trip home from MCO was such a nightmare we applied for TSA pre check the next week. Well worth it even just for Disney trips, IMO. That stinks you got stuck.

Sorry :offtopic:

We are looking through news sites and the TSA website and can find no mention of this. BF found one vague thing months ago, but that’s it.

Even an older man who they let in front of me looked to be a pilot (white shirt with the stripe things on his shoulders? But I thought crew didn’t go through screening?) and he even complained about never having to do this before.

Goes to show the DIS doesn't know everything. They've had a shuttle for years. This picture makes it look like a NEW shuttle. The previous one was like a Chevy Astro Van. This looks more like an airport shuttle, so it'll be easier to get in and out of....but no this is not new as far as having a shuttle goes, which is how the article reads.

Yup, posted a thread about this in the DVC boards this morning cuz I was so confused. This was before it hit this page but I was thinking I had gone crazy!

When I was traveling home in early September, the line for security wasn't long. However, it took forever to get through security because they were checking everything. We got to the airport 2 hours before thanks to DME, but it took us over an hour to go through security. We got to our gate 45 minutes before our flight (15 minutes before boarding began).

When I went to MCO a little over a week ago, I checked in and got through security within 15 minutes of getting there. It was very easy.

I went to MNSSHP each trip, but I put my candy in my luggage. I didn't carry it on the plane since I always thought that you couldn't take food through security. I guess that has changed.
I don't remember a time where I couldn't take food on a plane, at least in the last 8-10 years or so. Didn't fly as much before then. Though it was always sealed packaging.

I went through MCO security yesterday with an obscene amount of candy. No one said a thing. Now this was the pre-check line but no one asked about or made us empty the candy. :confused3
Same here, went through pre-check with candy as well, no problem today.

I will tell you that they were doing this in Boston earlier in the year before I had pre-check and they told me it would be the whole country too by the end of the year. Sounds like it expanded to MCO.

WARNING TO TRAVELERS
TSA in Orlando is checking EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CANDY. You have to have it in a separate tote. The lines are RIDICULOUS. So many are yelling at TSA for missing their flights. If you need to take any food or candy at all get there HOURS beforehand.

We were told this will be county wide in January.
TSA in Orlando sucks. I'll be honest I know everyone said it and I know that a lot of people talked about getting TSA precheck just for Orlando..I get why.

When we went through to get home back in September the lines weren't bad really but they were being held up by the TSA agent forcing people to move their feet a centimeter on the yellow foot outline and raise their hands just ever so slightly more.

For the record I flew 2 weeks later to Vegas....no issues there. And I flew to Denver back in March...no issues there. And last year I flew several times to Baltimore...no issues there.

I really don't know if it will be expanded or not but let's just say my husband and I felt like TSA was just being asinine about stuff and we usually have no negative things to say about TSA at the airports.

Oh Disney..all those who were soooo happy to be able to get to ride Splash when it's normally down for refurb...yeah we're just kidding..you still won't get to ride it. That's very unfortunate :(
Not to make things worse for those who won't be able to ride but I leave Jan. 9th so I will have a chance to ride prior to the second refurb thankfully. I don't think I have ever seen them do this before with an attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter