News Round Up 2017

I wouldn't think they would be intentionally deceiving because that would just cause lots of angry guests and hours on the phone for customer service. But the fact that it specifically states that theme park admission is required for the offers included in the package that are in the park made me curious. And the wording is it includes 5 nights in a resort with the park hopper OPTION. I think that's just what they call any ticket with a park hopper, but again the word option threw me off. I agree it's probably just a hard time filling those rooms for some reason. I just thought that week was supposed to be much busier than the 2 weeks leading up to it.

It's definitely an availability thing.

There is almost 0 availability from this weekend through Dec 15-17. But on Dec 22-24, seems like there are rooms available at every resort, and all have discounts still eligible.

We are planning on being in MK on Nov 5. How will this impact our visit? will we still be able to see shows? I assume there will be congestion where they are filming. Do they say in advanced what they will be filming and at what time?
It won’t be all day and will be in various places throughout the parks. Major performances will happen at the MK stage and the bypass should be open during that time.

The Walt Disney Company started 94 years ago on this day! We are getting close to 100 years of Disney everyone! :)

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney!

and just to be sure Roy gets the credit he deserves, it was technically founded on this day in 1923 as the "Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio"

We are planning on being in MK on Nov 5. How will this impact our visit? will we still be able to see shows? I assume there will be congestion where they are filming. Do they say in advanced what they will be filming and at what time?

It depends on what they are filming that day.
Last year, daytime shows and parade were cancelled and FOF was moved to 5PM
Entertainment schedules should be posted within the next week

Honestly it's not bad for a last minute deal. I priced out a RCCL cruise sailing on the 18th and it's a little more total, but of course that includes most of your food. Depending on excursions and drink package it would probably be pretty similar. It'll be busy but it's a good looking package, would be very tempting if I was looking to go in December and hadn't been in a while.

Holiday sailings are notoriously expensive on RC...I've looked at them before...just as a benchmark

It's so interesting that not too long ago Disney went to this "One Disney" concept where they really limited the unique items that you could buy, and everything was very generic. This was clearly a total disaster for them, because in the years since they've started releasing individual resort merch again, and individual ride merch, and now individual STATE merch. They definitely learned a lesson it seems, wondering when they will get on the "matching shirts for the family" bandwagon where you could order a personalized set of shirts for your whole family. (Or maybe they already do this and I just don't care enough to know.)

Not only a disaster longterm...a very predictable one.

It's what happens when e-trade determines company direction...

And if anyone wants to look at the central figures in a move that has flattened the giftshop take to save pennies at the sweatshops outside shanghai...I suggest researching "Pressler, Paul"...better know as "King Michael's Fool"

• Friday November 3 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
    • Saturday November 4 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
    • Sunday November 5 - Magic Kingdom
    • Monday November 6 - Magic Kingdom
    • Tuesday November 7 - Magic Kingdom
Flippin' great. We're supposed to be at DAK the evening of the 4th, and MK for a few hours the evenings of the 5th and 7th. Hopefully this won't disrupt the flow too much. (I can't say I really care about seeing the performances unless it meant we could be in view of the cameras to get on TV.) Hopefully this doesn't cancel the nighttime shows - because that's why we are going.

I can't say I've been there for the recordings, but I certainly have watched the shows on TV. Animal Kingdom they always seem to shoot in front of the tree, though who knows this year they might do something in Pandora. MK same thing it's usually the castle stage, though I think they sometimes set something up on Main Street itself.

We'll have to keep our eyes out for celebrities in the park with a plaid.

Holiday sailings are notoriously expensive on RC...I've looked at them before...just as a benchmark

Of course, I'd imagine most cruises around that are going to be expensive. But if someone wanted to go somewhere that week, it's comparable. Also I should've mentioned it was a 7 day cruise, just for comparison's sake.

Not only a disaster longterm...a very predictable one.

It's what happens when e-trade determines company direction...

And if anyone wants to look at the central figures in a move that has flattened the giftshop take to save pennies at the sweatshops outside shanghai...I suggest researching "Pressler, Paul"...better know as "King Michael's Fool"

Why do you send me down rabbit holes? This sheet mask dried on my face while the internet (and some excellent music) sucked me in. I blame you, lol.

If it wasn't for Roy, I wonder what would have happened with the Florida project?

Hard to say - it likely would have at least stalled and much of the company felt distraught. I think Magic Kingdom at least gets built eventually though

One thing I am fairly confident about is it would have been called just "Disney World", Roy was the one who was insistent it be called "Walt Disney World" and why I try to do the same (or at least WDW)

News

Shuttle bus between Jambo House and Kidani village now in place.

https://t.co/FLaNimoIVQ?amp=1

Goes to show the DIS doesn't know everything. They've had a shuttle for years. This picture makes it look like a NEW shuttle. The previous one was like a Chevy Astro Van. This looks more like an airport shuttle, so it'll be easier to get in and out of....but no this is not new as far as having a shuttle goes, which is how the article reads.

Goes to show the DIS doesn't know everything. They've had a shuttle for years. This picture makes it look like a NEW shuttle. The previous one was like a Chevy Astro Van. This looks more like an airport shuttle, so it'll be easier to get in and out of....but no this is not new as far as having a shuttle goes, which is how the article reads.
Thanks, we took the shuttles last summer. Read that here and thought maybe I hallucinated the whole thing...:yo-yo:

WARNING TO TRAVELERS
TSA in Orlando is checking EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CANDY. You have to have it in a separate tote. The lines are RIDICULOUS. So many are yelling at TSA for missing their flights. If you need to take any food or candy at all get there HOURS beforehand.

We were told this will be county wide in January.

That’s what I thought.

WARNING TO TRAVELERS
TSA in Orlando is checking EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CANDY. You have to have it in a separate tote. The lines are RIDICULOUS. So many are yelling at TSA for missing their flights. If you need to take any food or candy at all get there HOURS beforehand.

We were told this will be county wide in January.
I went through MCO security yesterday with an obscene amount of candy. No one said a thing. Now this was the pre-check line but no one asked about or made us empty the candy. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter