• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Job listing description from Patina group about the Edison complex.

"Four new concepts that will be connected as part of one large complex and will be introduced to Disney Springs in the Fall of 2017. Each of the concepts is housed in key locations that play an integral role in the Disney Springs origin story, such as the former airline terminal, an underground rum running tunnel, and the former electrical power plant, providing rich territory for story-telling. The locations will treasure Italian authenticity create unique cultural immersion experiences through fine cuisine, beverages, and atmosphere."

Job listing description from Patina group about the Edison complex.

"Four new concepts that will be connected as part of one large complex and will be introduced to Disney Springs in the Fall of 2017. Each of the concepts is housed in key locations that play an integral role in the Disney Springs origin story, such as the former airline terminal, an underground rum running tunnel, and the former electrical power plant, providing rich territory for story-telling. The locations will treasure Italian authenticity create unique cultural immersion experiences through fine cuisine, beverages, and atmosphere."
Sign me up to work the rum running tunnels.....

Guess that would mean the end of the fountain though
I HOPE that's not the end of the fountain. When we went last month, I was really hoping they put the fountain back in. Luckily, I have a few photos from 2013 when we were there before. I think the fountain is at least as good as the movie itself! Lots of detail that you'd miss otherwise.

I have seen this as well. In June at Pop there were no more Mickey shaped bottles but just regular squeeze tubes.
It's not even those. Wall mounted larger bottles have apparently been popping up.
ibaEBEL.jpg

Has anyone mentioned yet that pump-style toiletries are showing up at some of the resorts? Possibly no more little bottles.

With the number of people I've seen in facebook groups bragging about stealing entire trays worth of products from the housekeeping carts I can't say I'm surprised by this at all.

This is why we can’t have nice things! I like to use my own hair products anyway but still take a couple bottles of the lotion and aloe in my bag. Hopefully those remain in some form.

The drop sequences are computer controlled since about 2001...they have the ability to vary/randomly select the sequences

That is current and future of ride systems: such as the trackless that will be invading wdw starting now. Variation is the spice of life.

Oh, my wife is not going to be happy about that! pirate: ARggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

They can't sell muppets...but they sure have tried. Can you think of anything that disney has tried longer and harder to sell and failed than muppets?

It's very true and very sad. It seems Muppets don't work well in today's marketplace. I sometimes wonder if they should "go younger" with the Muppets to save it. (They did this in the 80s with Muppet Babies.) I would sort of hate it because part of the appeal of the Muppets is their irreverence. I never understood why they put them on Network TV...Muppets are too niche. Hope they someday find a way to make them work. (MMW just wasn't very good.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter