News Round Up 2017

Because the bucks are no longer being made on the twice-yearly "Apple are totally going to buy Netflix" beat. If Apple wanted a media company there's plenty cheaper than Disney they could own.

Well, if anyone knows how to overcharge for their product, it's Apple. Want to have features taken away and be charged more to add them back all while telling everyone how brave you are? Go to Apple.

Wait a minute. Disney already is Apple-lite.

Am I the only one who wants Apple to go out of business?????
Nope, I've never been a fan...from as far back as they started pushing the Macs into the school system. Felt to me like a drug dealer - "first one is free....then...." But I know I'm in the minority as practically everyone I know has an "i-something"

Last edited:
This sounds incredible. I so wish I could do this.
Yes, me too! If the preview were scheduled just one more day to 5/20, I could have attended. My cruise on the Fantasy returns to Port Canaveral on 5/20.

Nah, they always use "select" resorts. This is so they can exclude Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin and those Disney Spring hotels. (Edit: Looks like Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin will have access.) All the Disney resorts will get access.

I'm not convinced--- If all of AK was open, then yes. For it to just be the pandora section, I think they need to rotate through resort "groupings"-- That's alot of people.....

I'm not convinced--- If all of AK was open, then yes. For it to just be the pandora section, I think they need to rotate through resort "groupings"-- That's alot of people.....
I was going off of what is on Disney's own website. If you go on there and type in "extra magic hours" in the search box you'll see where you can click on the page for their definition and rules for EMH. It has a section at the bottom regarding Pandora which is the info posted. Disney could always tack on extra verbage so it only is good for a few resorts for Pandora for their limited engagement of EMH I suppose if they want to.

Nope, I've never been a fan...from as far back as they started pushing the Macs into the school system. Felt to me like a drug dealer - "first one is free....then...." But I know I'm in the minority as practically everyone I know has an "i-something"

I am pretty anti-apple. Though my employer has it set up that you can't use android for work phones so I finally broke down and got an iPhone (still not a fan, would prefer android).

I did get a case that shows Snow White "eating" the Apple apple icon on the back though to make myself feel a little better about it :D

It is - though I think it being every night helps a lot, plus it is pretty late ... are a lot of families going to be out until 1am? Don't get me wrong, it's going to be crowded but I don't think it will be too bad (at least that is my hope - specifically for May 31st when I plan to g) ... plus I the vibe could be pretty cool of the entire crowd being there to experience this new land, likely for the first time, together

I was going off of what is on Disney's own website. If you go on there and type in "extra magic hours" in the search box you'll see where you can click on the page for their definition and rules for EMH. It has a section at the bottom regarding Pandora which is the info posted. Disney could always tack on extra verbage so it only is good for a few resorts for Pandora for their limited engagement of EMH I suppose if they want to.

I hope not - I know they *can* by the letter of the law but would feel not great

I am going down for the DIS 20th but was originally going to go just for the party but when they announced Pandora would be open and have these Extra Extra Magic Hours I added a day/got a 1-day ticket to go to Animal Kingdom ... if now they change it so POP (where I am staying) isn't eligible I'd be pretty annoyed

I hope not - I know they *can* by the letter of the law but would feel not great

I am going down for the DIS 20th but was originally going to go just for the party but when they announced Pandora would be open and have these Extra Extra Magic Hours I added a day/got a 1-day ticket to go to Animal Kingdom ... if now they change it so POP (where I am staying) isn't eligible I'd be pretty annoyed
I hope not either for the sake of everyone else. The wording as it currently is doesn't seem to exclude the resorts already included in EMH. Would seem the wrong move to me to exclude certain resorts that currently get the perk.

I hope not either for the sake of everyone else. The wording as it currently is doesn't seem to exclude the resorts already included in EMH. Would seem the wrong move to me to exclude certain resorts that currently get the perk.

yeah, like others have mentioned it is likely just the same language they use for EMH and other perks of staying at at Disney resort vs a resort on WDW property - and given that, if this then didn't apply like those other perks I think people owuld be pretty upset.

Where and when is the 20th party?

I want to say I hope they roll through the week with rotating resorts for the XXmagic hours-- there are 27k rooms plus about 5k DVC--

That's about 100k people invited to a what-- 2 square mile area once you remove the back stage and the ride footprints-- If 10% of the people come it will be unbearable.

Where and when is the 20th party?

I want to say I hope they roll through the week with rotating resorts for the XXmagic hours-- there are 27k rooms plus about 5k DVC--

That's about 100k people invited to a what-- 2 square mile area once you remove the back stage and the ride footprints-- If 10% of the people come it will be unbearable.

The DIS party is on June 1st (there are adds all over the website if you are interested). There will be to-be-scheduled smaller events throughout the week but the main event is a private party at EPCOT from 10pm-12am on June 1st.

I am flying down on the 31st and going right to AK and planning/hoping to stay through the end of EMH at 1am, then taking it easy the 1st until the party that night (at least that is the plan for now)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter