• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

News

Official Disney announcement regarding EMH, and FP+ for Pandora

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ests-special-extra-magic-hours-to-be-offered/

You know, these on-site EMH are very, very shrewd. I mean, essentially you are giving on-site patrons an advantage to ride these rides - and with having it every night, it will spread those crowds out so it might not be too bad. I am not sure for something like Avatar if this will sell hotel rooms, but can you imagine how effectively it will sell rooms if they do the same thing for Star Wars Experience in 2 years?

Also, lets give Disney some credit here - they've done a whole tons of "upcharge" events lately, but it looks like they are doing right by Pandora, and giving on-site guests a "free" EMH event (yes, you are paying on-site prices I know, but I think that's a fair exchange.)

So will only certain resorts are going to get access to the Pandora EMH?

Nah, they always use "select" resorts. This is so they can exclude Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin and those Disney Spring hotels. (Edit: Looks like Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin will have access.) All the Disney resorts will get access.

To add, I believe it's because being on property doesn't automatically give you access (Disney Springs resorts on Hotel Boulevard for example)

Some do though. The Hilton used to (as recently as 2015 when we last stayed there).

Nah, they always use "select" resorts. This is so they can exclude Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin and those Disney Spring hotels. (Edit: Looks like Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin will have access.) All the Disney resorts will get access.

The language gives them latitude to create an exclusion if they need or want to. It also provides clarity so that someone staying pseudo onsite but not at a Disney Hotel can't complain that they said "ALL".

News

Well this is a thing apparently. Wall Street is talking about Apple buying Disney.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wall-street-starting-talk-possibility-182140531.html

I think it's all highly speculative. It certainly could be done - and there isn't much better that they could do with their cash.
But to what end? The businesses work well together but aren't really remotely the same.

There are worse companies that could buy Disney. That said, just because someone offers to buy doesn't mean that Disney has to say yes.

So will only certain resorts are going to get access to the Pandora EMH?
I received an email yesterday that my resort qualifies as a "select" resort for the emh at ak. I've never got an email like that before regarding emh. Anyone else get one?

D23 will offer an exclusive preview of Pandora on May 19 with Imagineer Joe Rohde! The cost is $250 per person and tickets go on sale on April 5 @ 10 am PST.

OVERVIEW
Be among the first to explore Pandora – The World of Avatar not only before it opens to the public, but with Joe Rohde, Portfolio Creative Executive at Walt Disney Imagineering! In addition to a guided walk-through of the exotic new land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park with Joe, attendees will enjoy lunch at Tiffins with Mr. Rohde and fellow D23 Members.

DETAILS
Experience begins at 11:00 a.m. and will last approximately three hours. Check-in will begin in front of Tiffins restaurant at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Please do not arrive before 10:45 a.m.

Attendees are invited to return to Pandora – The World of Avatar to join an exploration window on their own from 3 – 5 p.m. the same day.

In addition to the D23-exclusive tour, guests will join Joe for lunch at Tiffins—a restaurant that celebrates the adventures of traveling.

That afternoon, attendees are invited to return to Pandora to join an exploration window on their own from 3 – 5 p.m. During this time, guests will also have the opportunity to soar on the back of a mountain banshee during Avatar Flight of Passage, and venture deep into the bioluminescent rainforest during the Na’vi River Journey.*

This once-in-a-lifetime experience wouldn’t be complete without a custom gift, created exclusively for you.

I think it's all highly speculative. It certainly could be done - and there isn't much better that they could do with their cash.
But to what end? The businesses work well together but aren't really remotely the same.

There are worse companies that could buy Disney. That said, just because someone offers to buy doesn't mean that Disney has to say yes.
Can we convince Apple to buy ESPN? Throw in some pandora fastpasses.

That perk ended in 2015.
I don't believe these are any Hotel Boulevard resorts that are included in the EMH offering anymore

But using the word select gives Disney the freedom to add or remove hotels at any point, especially hotels that they themselves don't own
I just stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace for a few days and there were no benefits.

D23 will offer an exclusive preview of Pandora on May 19 with Imagineer Joe Rohde! The cost is $250 per person and tickets go on sale on April 5 @ 10 am PST.

OVERVIEW
Be among the first to explore Pandora – The World of Avatar not only before it opens to the public, but with Joe Rohde, Portfolio Creative Executive at Walt Disney Imagineering! In addition to a guided walk-through of the exotic new land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park with Joe, attendees will enjoy lunch at Tiffins with Mr. Rohde and fellow D23 Members.

DETAILS
Experience begins at 11:00 a.m. and will last approximately three hours. Check-in will begin in front of Tiffins restaurant at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Please do not arrive before 10:45 a.m.

Attendees are invited to return to Pandora – The World of Avatar to join an exploration window on their own from 3 – 5 p.m. the same day.

In addition to the D23-exclusive tour, guests will join Joe for lunch at Tiffins—a restaurant that celebrates the adventures of traveling.

That afternoon, attendees are invited to return to Pandora to join an exploration window on their own from 3 – 5 p.m. During this time, guests will also have the opportunity to soar on the back of a mountain banshee during Avatar Flight of Passage, and venture deep into the bioluminescent rainforest during the Na’vi River Journey.*

This once-in-a-lifetime experience wouldn’t be complete without a custom gift, created exclusively for you.
This sounds incredible. I so wish I could do this.

If Apple bought Disney I could see them doing stuff like allowing you to use your Apple Watch instead of a magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter