Newbie with lots of ?'s

SisofaUSSoldier

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

I'm looking for advice on how to best plan a trip to Disney for a LARGE group.

My brother who is currently serving in Iraq will be home in July for 3 weeks R&R and we really want to plan a trip to Disney during this time. He will be returning to Iraq after his 3 weeks R&R so it is really important to us, as a family, to arrange a memorable trip.

We are expecting around 25 - 35 people total, (including kids)... saying I come from a large family is an understatement. :grouphug:

I have only been to Disney as a child so knowing the in's and out's / coming and going's...I'm clueless and haven't the slightest idea where to begin. :confused:

I know we'll need accomodations / park tickets / dining information, etc... We would really love to find a reasonable place where everyone can stay.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. You have come to the right place. These boards are full of information. Many people are much more experienced than I am and will be very willing to share their expertise with you. I have not had any experience with a large group but I would suggest reading the accomodations board, theme park & strategies boards, etc. Good luck and Happy Planning :wizard:

17.gif

Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions, also be prepared to become addicted to DIS.:lmao:

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

i planned a trip for 13, i put us all in the same resort, on the DP, and made meal ADR's for the group....I really would find a TA for everyone to contact u could go insane trying to accomidate everyone. Are u going to put together different resorts and meals? I had few issues because I planned the trip I wanted and everyone just fell in line...with 35 people your going to have lots of issues.

:welcome:

to the DIS!!!!

MAN thats a LARGE group! I def would let a TA take care of that large of a group, whatever you do let us know where you end up staying and most of all.......HAVE FUN!!!!!

Hi, welcome, and our sincere thanks to your brother and prayers for his continued safety.

I agree-- I think I would go to a travel agent.

But if you're determined to do it alone, think about posting your questions on individual forums-- the resorts forum for accomodations, the restaurants forumn for meals, and so on.

Hi and welcome to the DIS:thumbsup2

There is alot of information in all the different forums that should be help to you...

Plus ask alot of questions..

Have a great trip

Welcome to the boards!! I think a WDW vacation will be an awesome distraction for your brother!! I have been to Iraq and Afghanistan and continue to support the war with my current job - I find that WDW is the only true place for me to ESCAPE and lose myself in complete magic as I do not read a newspaper, watch CNN/Foxnews, and ignore my email - it is bliss! My appreciation comes from the bottom of my heart for your brother's service to our country!

I am helping a close friend plan for a group of 17 in April and I believe that a TA is the only way to go. There isn't any additional cost to you (with some reputable TAs that you can find on the boards) and they take on the headache of rooms and your ADRs (advance dining reservations).

Best of luck to you and I hope you have a blast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter