New White Castle Orlando

Ok, so we had a Little Tavern near University of Maryland so I assume they are considered after party cheap drunk food? White Castle is the same thing am I correct? I don't believe I had ever heard of
Krystal's before. Do they all make the same little square burgers that you can buy by the dozen bag? I actually loved those little burgers.
Yea, many a nights we would go to the castle, it was the only thing open 24 hours. I wasnt in collage at the time. Actually, there is one on the way to the next town overs fire house, when we would go out of town at 3 am or so we would stop and get take out on the way back to our town.

And what in the world is a Krystal's ?
Krystal is what Southerners try to pass off as a White Castle equivalent. They aren't even close. I have to agree with @Sjm9911. White Castles are too good to freely share with unrefined palates. The only reason one is opening in Orlando is because the company knows there are enough gastrophiles coming on vacation that will really appreciate a proper slider. :lmao:

Everyone else, feel free to enjoy your Krackles, Whatever Burgers or anything else you think may compare.

j

I enjoyed the food shows on Sunday on the History channel. Adam Richman did an hour about the history of White castle (I learned a lot). Honestly though I have only had WC maybe 3 times in my entire life. Lets just say the arent my faves.
I am enjoying this discussion of regional fast food though.

Never been to White Castle, didn't do the college thing, and not sure there was one in Saudi Arabia at the time. And what in the world is a Krystal's ? Jeez, who would have expected that I am the health nut of the group. :rotfl2:

Honestly, Krystal little square burgers only taste good in the early AM after all the bars have closed .....

I googled White Castle vs Krystal:

"However, the mainstay dishes, the burgers, are very different. What makes White Castle special is the fact that its burgers are steamed and have a uniquely soggy texture, while Krystal is a miniature version of a traditional burger."

Soggy texture? :scared: :confused3

Soggy burger is like a crispy banana. Just don't match.

Haven't had White Castle, in my area Krystal is king. Then it closed. Reopened year later. Closed again. Now reopened in new location. Been robbed twice...

I googled White Castle vs Krystal:

"However, the mainstay dishes, the burgers, are very different. What makes White Castle special is the fact that its burgers are steamed and have a uniquely soggy texture, while Krystal is a miniature version of a traditional burger."

Soggy texture? :scared: :confused3

Soggy burger is like a crispy banana. Just don't match.

Haven't had White Castle, in my area Krystal is king. Then it closed. Reopened year later. Closed again. Now reopened in new location. Been robbed twice...
As i tell the new guys , you don't know what you don't know. Try it , its a unique experience.

So it’s a Krystal knockoff with the square burgers?

OK being born and raised in MO this offends me. White Castle was opened in 1921 and Krystal was opened in 1932. So Krystal is a knockoff of White Castle.

(not really offended)

I like it sometimes, I have probably eaten a thousand of them in my lifetime. When I was a teen I tossed back a ten pack, cheese fries and shake in HS. Which probably shortened my lifespan about 20 years. Today I only eat six though, figured once I passed 40 it was a good idea to eat healthier.

As i tell the new guys , you don't know what you don't know. Try it , its a unique experience.

Steamed burger = boiled steak

Does White Castle have chicken sandwiches? When I'm willing to brave the thugs and addicts and go to Krystal I get chicken sandwiches instead. Handy bite size like the burgers. You can hold whole sandwich in your mouth while you reload the revolver on your way to get some napkins.

white-castle-krystal-map.gif

Yankee Burger

Does White Castle have chicken sandwiches? When I'm willing to brave the thugs and addicts and go to Krystal I get chicken sandwiches instead. Handy bite size like the burgers. You can hold whole sandwich in your mouth while you reload the revolver on your way to get some napkins.

View attachment 573218

Yankee Burger

That map right there, tiggerdad, demonstrates why we should have let Missouri go to the Big10 or stay in the Big12 and we should have taken Virginia Tech instead.

Bama Ed

PS - Soggy meat?

That map right there, tiggerdad, demonstrates why we should have let Missouri go to the Big10 or stay in the Big12 and we should have taken Virginia Tech instead.

Bama Ed

PS - Soggy meat?
I concur

View attachment 573218

Yankee Burger

Ya they have chicken sandwiches with or without a selection of cheeses. They are pretty decent. My wife likes the chicken ring sandwiches in particular. We have them all over the place, including places that you don't need to be armed at.

Bama Ed

PS - Soggy meat?
Mizzou wanted in on some of the SEC TV revenue and the SEC needed a broader audience to raise their rates.

Win/Win? Na, I didn't think so either.

As for White Castle being steamed, you really need to come into one and see how they are made.
  • Regular grill every other place uses.
  • "Bed" of onions placed on grill.
  • 100% beef patty placed on top of onions
  • Flipped as needed until cooked

• Buns are also placed on bed of steaming onions until "toasted" & "steamed from onions".
  • Pickle placed on cooking burger
  • Burger, bun and onions picked up together and slid into the little box.

You know where I am going tonight, right? The closest one to me is the next town over, about 15 miles.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter