New VGF rooms are now available online.

To add, single cup coffee maker and no toaster..Those are biggest issues for me.

They have a keurig? Well, I'm okay than. I'll drink the keurig stuff for two nights or grab a mug.

I actually thought that DVC members could only book and stay in rooms that had been declared. One of the purposes of not just declaring everything was that once declared members and DVD would need to pay dues on those declared rooms.

Undeclared rooms which Disney are able to rent to regular paying customers who pays tax on those? DVD/DVC?

Only 50% of the rooms are available for booking each night, that is true. But, all 202 rooms will be open for stays...50% DVC and 50% cash. When a room is assigned to someone with a DVC reservation, it does not have to be one of the actual declared rooms. But, there won't be more than 101 rooms in the building being used by DVC..its just those 101 rooms can be on any of the floors.

ETA: DVD doesn't pay dues on declared inventory either. When the budget is set, in exchange for paying dues on the points they own, DVD gives all other owners a guarantee to cover any shortfall in operating expenses that arise from the per point amount determined each year.

Last edited:
ETA: DVD doesn't pay dues on declared inventory either. When the budget is set, in exchange for paying dues on the points they own, DVD gives all other owners a guarantee to cover any shortfall in operating expenses that arise from the per point amount determined each year.
Thanks.

It might be different but It makes me wonder if DVD gets a refund of some sort when a contract is bought back during ROFR and the buyer and seller have agreed that buyer pays dues on xx number of points? I understand that originally the seller paid those dues and then got reimbursed by the buyer but DVD would indirectly end up paying dues on points they take back.

Thanks.

It might be different but It makes me wonder if DVD gets a refund of some sort when a contract is bought back during ROFR and the buyer and seller have agreed that buyer pays dues on xx number of points? I understand that originally the seller paid those dues and then got reimbursed by the buyer but DVD would indirectly end up paying dues on points they take back.

They do accept terms of the sale so in those instances they reimburse the owner if that is part of it.

I am waiting on them to close the contract they took and I will be reimbursed for the dues.

However, they won’t owe any 2023 dues on those points while they own.

Last edited:
We're doing the halloween party and Deluxe Evening hours at magic kingdom so being within walking distance to MK would be a real plus. We also have two daughters, aged 6 & 3,

I see you already switched - as someone who did a MNSSHP with an almost 3 and a 7yo staying at BWV 3 years ago - it was a pain carrying sleeping children and a folded stroller on a bus. Will not do again!
As someone who is stalking BWV cancelled reservations I support this choice!!!
I'm stalking BCV! 50% there.
While it might get easier to book resort studios, booking deluxe studios was only an issue in early DEC, the rest of the year availability of studios lasted till 9-10 months and wasn't a problem. I'm not a VGF owner, so this doesn't impact me, but if I were, I would be in the not excited camp.
I can say that having booked winter holidays at VGF in 2019, 2020 (attempted) and 2021 as an owner - it's the Hunger Games at 8am every morning in late January in all room categories. Eventually I got what I wanted but at times I was booking 1 night at a time in any room that was available, I had everything from studios through one GV night booked once, one night at a time. Through stalking and waitlisting, I got the 1BR std I wanted.

PS Murphy beds in VGF1 feels like 2 real beds...

Still tons of availability for the Lake and Theme Park views. Those point charts are comical.
Are they that different than the cash rate vs points charts for other DVC/deluxe resorts? I have only stayed cash at GF and the cash rack rate for the resort studios is the same as the cash rooms of the resort. Big Pine Key seems equal to the other cash resort buildings for locations and views etc..

When is the official first bookable date, "grand opening" for the new resort studios? I am not a DVC member and looking at cash avail

Are they that different than the cash rate vs points charts for other DVC/deluxe resorts? I have only stayed cash at GF and the cash rack rate for the resort studios is the same as the cash rooms of the resort. Big Pine Key seems equal to the other cash resort buildings for locations and views etc..
I’d guess it’s the same. I just meant the point charts are absurd. Way too many points for a “view”

When is the official first bookable date, "grand opening" for the new resort studios? I am not a DVC member and looking at cash avail
If you go to the cash WDW booking site for the GF resort studios you can book for 6/20. I tried 6/20 through 6/26 & standard view wasn’t available but lagoon view was $763 a night & TPV was $940 a night.
By way of comparison for those same June dates a LV resort studio is 23 points Sun.-Thurs., 30 points Fri. & Sat.
A TPV resort studio is 28/34. So renting points @ $20 per ranges from $460 per night non weekend LV to $680 per weekend night TPV.

Last edited:
I was able to grab 4 nights in Dec in at GF Studio Standard view. I want to try them out and decided to go with the standard view. How bad can their standard view be???? :)

I was able to grab 4 nights in Dec in at GF Studio Standard view. I want to try them out and decided to go with the standard view. How bad can their standard view be???? :)
Did you get a deluxe studio standard view or a resort studio standard view?

Did you get a deluxe studio standard view or a resort studio standard view?
Ugh...thought I included that, but apparently I didn't! Resort studio standard view. In looking at where the building is located, I'm thinking that standard view can't be nearly as bad as that at some of the other resorts! LOL!!!

Ugh...thought I included that, but apparently I didn't! Resort studio standard view. In looking at where the building is located, I'm thinking that standard view can't be nearly as bad as that at some of the other resorts! LOL!!!

Looks like it will be pool, back of buildings and roofs.

It has a Keurig. I prefer a coffee pot brew to single serve pods, too. Since our first VGF resort studio stay will be for 3 or 4 nights, I'll probably request a coffee pot, too.

Oh, I hope you can get a coffee pot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter