NEW VGF Building

Looks like the regular GF rooms are 440 sq ft. LINK So potentially bigger than the current studios.
Then these new studios would be considerably bigger than the existing VGF studios but not larger than the Poly studios, which are 465 sq ft.

They will probably have be a separate booking category with a higher point requirement.

Okay since it is in the same association now it comes down to just being a shorter contract length still. I guess it makes sense that if they are doing a conversion do it now and get it done with especially with resale prices of VGF.

Question is how this impacts resale prices now?

Okay since it is in the same association now it comes down to just being a shorter contract length still. I guess it makes sense that if they are doing a conversion do it now and get it done with especially with resale prices of VGF.

The assumption is that Disney will drop the price $25 or so once they have 2 million points to sell, right? And then in 3 years we will have the foreclosures. And then there will be nearly double the points on the market so supply won’t be as constrained long term. I would imagine VGF paces (slightly) downward vs the rest of DVC.

I'd guess it'll stop the most recent listings over $200.

I’m so excited for this new as we use our 150 pt VGF contract for studios most of the time because of the steep costs of a one bedroom.

ETA: I’m might buy a GW there when they go on sale too.

The assumption is that Disney will drop the price $25 or so once they have 2 million points to sell, right? And then in 3 years we will have the foreclosures. And then there will be nearly double the points on the market so supply won’t be as constrained long term. I would imagine VGF paces (slightly) downward vs the rest of DVC.

It's going to bump the size of VGF up past BCV and kind of be a mesh between PVB and BLT. BLT goes at a pretty healthy clip still and PVB isn't bad and would be better if it had something more than studios and bungalows.

I can see myself selling one of my SSR 175 point contracts for maybe $125 a point (or whatever it sells for in 2022), and buying 175 VGF points for around $200ish per point. VGF is the only onsite DVC property we have never stayed in (except RIV since it is so new). The point chart is kinda tough and at 7 months usually only one bedrooms are open. We generally like one bedrooms, but not at VGF prices.

On the one hand, I’m excited about this because we just bought VGF resale and I was planning to add on direct. This will likely be better pricing for that add on. On the other hand, it means a lot more points and no more one bed, two bed and GV units. Since our other home resort is Poly, we had specifically bought here for the stays we didn’t want to be in studios, and I’m worried the larger units are now going to be harder to book.

I'm hoping this creates more 7 month availability for studios there. It will he interesting to see what they do with direct pricing. I'm sure people who have recently paid the direct price wouldn't be impressed seeing it drop in any sort of dramatic fashion.

I could definitely be wrong because I don't know much about timeshare law, but assuming it follows normal real estate law you can incorporate new additions into a condo association with their own set of rules/restrictions. The rules that currently govern the O14 only apply to existing contracts - new additions should be able to enter existing associations under their own terms. I believe the issue they ran into with the O14 is that they were attempting to change existing real estate contracts. Here, there are no existing contracts and I would think they absolutely could give new points the same restrictions as RIV points (but of course I will be happy to be corrected)

This development brings up some interesting questions:
1 They are doing the conversion in just about a year. That sound incredibly quick to me considering they would need to build in a small fridge, microwave, sink, etc.
2 What does this say about Rivera sales? Will that resort be sold out then? Or are they feeling so much push-back from the restrictions there that they needed to add some non-restricted inventory?

I could definitely be wrong because I don't know much about timeshare law, but assuming it follows normal real estate law you can incorporate new additions into a condo association with their own set of rules/restrictions. The rules that currently govern the O14 only apply to existing contracts - new additions should be able to enter existing associations under their own terms. I believe the issue they ran into with the O14 is that they were attempting to change existing real estate contracts. Here, there are no existing contracts and I would think they absolutely could give new points the same restrictions as RIV points (but of course I will be happy to be corrected)
Yes but by this logic why wouldn't new points bought direct from o14 resorts be restricted (which they aren't)

Same goes for contract length?

Yes. It will simply add more points to the VGF DVC and then everything will be the same from there.

They can decide how to adjust the point charts, but it will be the same chart. They could add a new view depending on the views, and could be treated like Jambo and Kidani with booking that as a building which is what I can see happening.

It will be interesting for sure!

Then these new studios would be considerably bigger than the existing VGF studios but not larger than the Poly studios, which are 465 sq ft.

They will probably have be a separate booking category with a higher point requirement.

I wonder if they would consider making these concierge level rooms...or maybe doing a floor (or two) concierge? Presumably they will be a different booking category. When they did AKV originally -- were Jambo and Kidani done at the same time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!