New TS restaurant in TSL!

It's about TIME! One of my biggest beefs with DHS was the lack of appealing QS dining, which is why we usually made that our half-day park. Taking away 'Starring Rolls Cafe' was a bummer- I'm still hoping they bring it back eventually after SWGE opens.

Woody's Lunchbox is DELICIOUS, and a pretty good value for the price. I'll be curious to see if a TS restaurant pulls some of the traffic away from Woody's Lunchbox- it REALLY needs more seating.

Well the description says he set up a rodeo not a restaurant

"Using three cardboard boxes cut and taped together, Andy has created a new rodeo arena using some of his favorite toys, games, and play sets. And while some pieces are definitely western-themed, what makes this rodeo special is the broad assortment of toys that have been brought together to create a fun, colorful mashup-atmosphere that only a child could create.

Once inside, you’ll be surrounded by all of the rodeo festivities in-action as well as western town and train station play sets. And you just might spot some of your favorite Disney•Pixar characters scattered throughout the restaurant in the form of toys and game pieces including a toy version of Jessie riding on the back of a Trixie pull-toy and unique toy versions of Bo Peep and her sheep, all who appear to be performing in the rodeo together."

I think that's a great description written by Disney. However, to me it looks like the idea was, "let's create a restaurant cheaply by copying the queue for Toy Story Mania."

Hopefully the food is good and it's fun for kids, but the design looks exactly like everything else in toy story land.

Agree that it sounds like it will be a basic themed restaurant for now and not character dining. However I could see them adding special character dining meals later on.

As for a Pizza Planet restaurant instead I don't think it would work. The whole land is themed to be Andy's Backyard and you are the size of a toy. So having the Pizza Planet restaurant would completely go against that theme. Same thing for an Al's Toy Barn shop. If they add a shop in somewhere I think it will just be a generic thing. Not a ton of room but could do carts as others have mentioned or squeeze in a small enclosed shop at the end of the TSMM exit path between the QS dining and queue. Basically another exit through the gift shop set up.

Per insiders MansionButler84 and Magic Feather over at WDWMagic.com - this is the original scope of TSL and original design for the TS restaurant, they just brushed it off from the original 2016 plan

'Hey, we've got all this equipment sitting around from Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

We could do that thing we planned and cut really cheap.

I know, we'll call it Andy's Backyard BBQ!

Brilliant!'

Last edited:

I’ve always thought that if there was a Toy Story character meal, it wouldn’t be your traditional table to table style. The costumes are huge and cumbersome compared to most characters that appear at character dining (or, at least they look that way.) I really can’t picture them going table to table. Tokyo has the Toy Story dinner show at the Diamond Horseshoe, which looks so cute.

I don’t think the new place will have characters, but I’m still really excited about it!

yes! a Woody's Roundup stage show would be a fun addition if they can't make it an actual character meal. I also think they could get away with some screens and show clips of the show (think Sci-Fi Dine). That would still get people in and out faster than a character meal, but give you more than cut outs to look at.

This is exciting! I would love to see a character meal or greet here. I would also love to see a truly immersive pizza planet. So happy to see DHS become a complete park for the entire family.

Some of the material I saw opined that a big reason to get this built was for the A/C -- TSR has very little shade but is marketed to families with small children; it is rather unbearably hot in the daytime (I won't go near it before sundown for that reason). The area needs more indoor spaces.

As for a "truly immersive Pizza Planet"; IMO the proper place for a kid-centric, game-centric restaurant at WDW is not inside a gated park where guests have already paid admission and will have to drag their kids out of the place to get them to enjoy the park attractions. The best place to put a restaurant like that would be at Disney Springs, where it could be a stand-alone destination.

'Hey, we've got all this equipment sitting around from Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

We could do that thing we planned and cut really cheap.

I know, we'll call it Andy's Backyard BBQ!

Brilliant!'

Andy didn't have a grill in his yard. However, Sid next door had one where he, ahh, "experimented" with toys. So I guess it could be Sid's Backyard BBQ.

Some of the material I saw opined that a big reason to get this built was for the A/C -- TSR has very little shade but is marketed to families with small children; it is rather unbearably hot in the daytime (I won't go near it before sundown for that reason). The area needs more indoor spaces.

As for a "truly immersive Pizza Planet"; IMO the proper place for a kid-centric, game-centric restaurant at WDW is not inside a gated park where guests have already paid admission and will have to drag their kids out of the place to get them to enjoy the park attractions. The best place to put a restaurant like that would be at Disney Springs, where it could be a stand-alone destination.
Maybe that is what will be replacing the NBA Experience in a couple of years. :duck:

I know as of September the answer was no, have there been any whispers of an opening date since then? Or a vague season it will be opening? A year even lol?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!