• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to the DIS

ILUV2TVL

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Nice to meet you! My name is Jill, and I'm from Pennsylvania. Although I didn't start travelling to Disney till after I graduated from High School many moons ago...I have come to LOVE the World! As a former Travel Agent I was lucky to travel to Orlando at least once a year, maybe twice. I even made a trek out to Disneyland for their 40th Anniversary. I'm still waiting on the day to be able to travel "across the pond" to both Paris and Tokyo, we'll see....one day. My family thinks I'm crazy going back every year. Don't get me wrong...growing up, my family and I travelled to other places throughout the US. I've been to as far west as Hawaii and as far north as Canada, My family and I all travelled cross-country one summer in a Chevy Citation, with no A/C...we talk about that trip almost every time we get together. BUT - Disney is still my home-away-from-home.

My favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge...but, in order to travel as many times as I do....I make my 2nd home...POP CENTURY. Looking forward to spending time at Art of Animation one day as well. Let's see...my favorite park???...that's a toughie...I guess it depends on my mood. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with the Magic Kingdom...ESPECIALLY during the Christmas holidays. I've visited Disney World many times throughout the year, but my hands-down favorite time to go is Thanksgiving weekend. I can't seem to get enough of the decorations/lights and MVMCP!

I have many favorite rides/shows...Buzz Lightyear, IASW, HM, PotC, Thunder Mountain Railroad (new found love of that one since my friend pulled me on 2 years ago), Toy Story Mania, Little Mermaid, the drawing class (can't think of the name)...Soarin', Test Track. Call me silly, but I make it priority to go on each of the parks "signature" ride every visit....MK's = Train, DHS = Great Movie Ride, EPCOT = Spaceship Earth and AK's = Tree of Life...and of course we can't leave out Downtown Disney!

I really enjoy travelling with a "buddy"...especially newbies....just something about the look they have when they see the Castle for the 1st time. Just last year I went on my own...met up with famliy...but it still wasn't the same. A Disney World vacation really begins when you land at the MCO airport...and take that 1st monorail ride to Magical Express.

I can't wait to get to know this website more...looking forward to making new friends and reading all of your tips/thoughts and trip reports!

See ya real soon!!! ~ Jill

Jill welcome aboard I have been to Disney world 51 times and the land once. I thought I knew much about Disney but I am still learning info from the good people on this site. I went to Disney in May but now I'm in Disney with draw since I won't travel down until October for the Halloween party. We always travel down in May for my birthday, October for Halloween, and December for Christmas party. I have to say Christmas holiday is my favorite time at Disney it is truly magical. Well enjoy the web site and your trips to Disney.

I too always make it a point to be in Disney for my birthday. As the years have gone by, increasing numbers (friends, family) also join us in September in Disney. I don't know how many trips it's been but I still love it. These boards are a great venue to give and get all kinds of information. LOTS of folks share our love for WDW! :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter