New to rider swap

NYEmomma

DIS Veteran
This is our first trip going with only 2 adults and our 3 kids My husband likes thrill rides as do 2 of my 3 daughters. But they still get a little nervous/anxious about them prior to rising them for the first time Myself and my 3fd daughter hate them.

I'm don't believe this was the original intention of rider swap but on the rides where you can only fit 2 across, could he go with 1 daughter while the rest of us wait and then go again with daughter #2? I know neither of them will be brave enough to sit alone or next to their sister while DH sits alone.

How old are all 3 kids and how tall are they? Anyone under the age of 7 would not be able to ride without an adult anyway. If the girl that didn't want to ride (let's call her DD1) was too short, then you could get rider swap added to yours and one of the other daughter's (call her DD2) bands. Dad and DD3 would ride. Then you and dad could switch bands and he could take DD2 on using the rider swap. This would only work if DD1 (child who didn't want to ride) was too short though.

If both of the girls who want to ride are under 7, they may allow a swap at boarding with Dad riding with one girl, coming back, then riding with the other since neither girl could ride alone.

If both girls are over 7, they may not offer this as they would be old enough to ride alone/together.

Another option would be to schedule a FP for 4 of you. Dad and DD2 ride. You and dad switch bands and Dad takes DD3. You'd be left with one FP that someone would have to use alone (assuming one of the girls is at least 7 they could ride something alone).

Or dad could take DD2 to ride, then comes back and wait in line again with DD3.

How old are all 3 kids and how tall are they? Anyone under the age of 7 would not be able to ride without an adult anyway. If the girl that didn't want to ride (let's call her DD1) was too short, then you could get rider swap added to yours and one of the other daughter's (call her DD2) bands. Dad and DD3 would ride. Then you and dad could switch bands and he could take DD2 on using the rider swap. This would only work if DD1 (child who didn't want to ride) was too short though.

If both of the girls who want to ride are under 7, they may allow a swap at boarding with Dad riding with one girl, coming back, then riding with the other since neither girl could ride alone.

If both girls are over 7, they may not offer this as they would be old enough to ride alone/together.

Another option would be to schedule a FP for 4 of you. Dad and DD2 ride. You and dad switch bands and Dad takes DD3. You'd be left with one FP that someone would have to use alone (assuming one of the girls is at least 7 they could ride something alone).

Or dad could take DD2 to ride, then comes back and wait in line again with DD3.

DD1 is 10. DD2 and DD3 are 6. DD1 and DD2 are the ones that want to ride Both are tall enough for everything. DD3 doesn't want to ride and is 46" so I believe she's tall enough for almost everything.

We got the same fastpasses for all 5 of us because DD3 and I were planning on shopping while the other 3 rode rather than riding other rides. So switching magic bands sounds like it's the best option?

You can definitely switch the magic bands and if you already have FP for everyone, that does seem like the easiest option. The only rides with a higher height than 46" are Rockin Rollercoaster in HS and Primeval Whirl at AK, which are both 48". For those, you could get RS. There are also a couple slides at the water parks at 48" but you can't get rider swap there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter