New to board and sad

julia & nicks mom

<font color=darkorchid>Bad influence on the Tag Fa
I am new to this board and am very sad about how mean the posts can be. I know this happens on any board out there but I will not be posting any tips I find here because I think the possible backlash is amazing!

I wish that people would think about how they would feel if someone replied to their posts the way that they are replying.

I am sure I will get slammed for this - but I also won't be around to read about it!

Hey! Don't be scared off by a few folks. I have been lurking here at Disboards for awhile now and the tips are GREAT! Feel free to post any tips you want, Im sure the majority will really appreciate it :)

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way :( and I DO hope that you stick around to read this response.

You must understand that the nice, friendly, helpful posts FAR outnumber the nasty ones.

Sometimes, when posting, people forget that they are addressing real people who have feelings and say things on a message board that they would NEVER say in person.

Please disregard the bad, and stay around for the good. ::yes::

Oh yah! If you are really uncomfortable with a particular post, there is a "Report This Post to a Moderator" button on each post. This alerts the moderators to possible problems on the boards.

Again, I hope that we will see you again on these boards...

:)

I am sorry that you feel that way. The DISboards are a wonderful wealth of information. Unfortunely some bad and Mostly good information comes our way. The good thing is we get to pick and choose what we want to read and post to.

The DIS people really can be wonderful people. My daughter broke her arm and had to have surgery. I was in the Surgery waiting room and sat down at the computer and wrote a post about what I was going thru. And before I knew it I had over a 100 posts from people that I did not know or know me wishes me and my family the best. At that time it warmed my heart and got me thru a bad time.

Hope you cahnge you mind and stay and give it another chance.

Sorry you feel that way. I have been on these boards for years and generally speaking, the only threads that turn nasty are the ones where folks want others to help them feel good about getting away with something they shouldn't do. (Ex. One time someone wanted to know which hotels offered free breakfasts so they could drop by the lobbies for free breakfasts during their stay. Yes, the thread got ugly.) I would think that if you look around the boards some more you will find a very helpful, friendly attitude present. :D

I agree with Belle5 - it's mostly just on controversial subjects, for information purposes and support these boards can't be beat!

I have found in my two years of posting and reading here that most people are really nice and very supportive.

Yes, there are times that posts get out of line but I think that it's not the norm here. Remember it is hard to tell the "tone" of what someone is communicating sometimes because we can't see or hear them talking - the written word can interpreted many ways.

Also, I think that it is easy to post things you would not feel comfortable saying face to face with someone, and being "faceless" online gives some folks a green light to get carried away. The moderators here to a good job policing some very touchy subjects!

I hope that you will stick around and get a better feeling for the positive support here. :)

I hope you will come back and give the disboards another chance. There are so many nice, knowledgable people here. For every person that can't respond politely - there are 100 more who can. Ignore the meanies and you'll love it here!

Here's a sprinkling of Pixie Dust for you!

fairy2.gif

:) Michele

Just wanted to add that I've noticed
also that when someone flames someone
else and is REALLY out of line that DIS'ers
come right back and defend the post
that got flamed...

Seems that the DIS community is
just like any other, even nicer IMO!!
The nice people look out for the
others, and the nasty people tend
to either get into arguments
amongst themselves,
or they get ignored - which I find amusing!

No better way to send a message
then to totally ignore what was posted.
I saw this recently on a thread that I
joined, and someone said something
innappropriate about the subject
and the silence toward them
was deafening ;)

Regardless, the theme here seems
to be that we'll MISS YOU if you don't
come back - so come on back, now - ya hear??

I've noticed that this is kind of a "tough love" board. However, some people come here seeking validation in doing things that are patently wrong (or at least pretty jerky) like the person who wanted to bring her 3 1/2 year old in for free. For them, they deserve what they get.

I've also seen great willingness to help and support each other. I think if you keep your head about you and use common sense, you shouldn't run afoul of anyone.

I also am new to the boards. I had been reading these forums for a month or so before I actually registered. I was nervous when I read a few of the "meaner" postings. However, they were so few compared to all of the wonderful people that seem to post such helpful things! Everyone does seem to be so nice! For those of us who are new ... take it easy on us please!!!

As you hang here, you will learn that certain topics are hot. Certain ones are controversal, but once you learn what is up, its almost funny (I think the mug debate is hilarious). And that certain posters have hot buttons.

I feel that most people on here are honest and just wonderful people who love Disney. I will admit that if a poster is doing something that is wrong or against the rules they will get a lot of people out there who are more then willing to correct them such as the 3 1/2 year old without a ticket. The original poster had asked questions and opinions and they got them whether they liked the answer or not. But it is another thing to tell someone that is they cant afford to buy the child a ticket then they shouldnt go this year.

When you ask a question on these boards people for all over are willing to share their knowledge and their experience with is in my opinion invalualbe. As you are on these boards for a little while you will be able to tell what topics going to get heated. For example-Harnessing your child, no ticket above the 3 year old cut off, resort mugs reuse, and a few others. For the most part, I just dont get involved in them. You will see them pop up every couple of months or so. And I feel that BethR does an excellent job of closing threads if they get out of control.

But with that this board has been able to keep me in check with regard to my savings, motivated me to be a better and smarter shopper and provided me with support then I was down. Stick around and you will see all the tips that are around.::yes::

I hope you stick around- I started a very flamable thread a while back about buying refillable mugs on eBay. It went on and on- the people were so worked up- it was hilarious.
I have been attacked about a half dozen times on this board for various things. I find it all pretty funny.

I often thought it would be hilarious to make a post asking about bringing in my harnessed 3 yr old without a ticket so we could pool-hop resorts with our refilable mugs!

;)

:crazy: :duck: :rotfl:

Don't forget about having lunch at the "free salad bar" at Peco's Bills!

While sleeping five in a one bedroom at a DVC resort!

Followed by a cruise where you let your non-potty trained child in the Mickey Pool (but he's wearing a swim diaper)!

My favorite was the "debate" about how tacky it made the resort look if you hung your towels over the balcony railing to let them dry.

Hey, hookedup (& crisi, too!):

I DOUBLE-Dog Dare you!

This has gotten sooooo OT,
but it is FUNNY!
You guys are a hoot...

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter