Does anyone else find it a little ironic that the backstory of the resistance side of the land is the resistance just showed up and is setting up a base on this well established planet and the ROTR ride is actually coming later?

Does anybody have a strategy for SW:GE if the reservation system for Oga's and Savi's is redirecting to the error page? Like I questioned previously... would it be best to arrive early and rope-drop the catina and/or Savi's, then head over to Smuggler's Run?? Idk... I'm just looking for the best way to handle the worst situation, really...

Last week, I was trying using my laptop and the website and getting Stitch. However, when I used the app on my phone, which launches a webpage, it worked:sad2: Try both. You might even need to clear the cache on your browser when using a computer. Also, just because times look blue and available, don't count your chickens until you select one and it is actually available. It was showing several blue times for me, but none were actually available. This was about 10am PST. There's also a morning/afternoon/evening option if you keep scrolling down.

:guilty: My son just broke my husband's brand new blade he got at Savi's today. Jumped on the bed and bent it. Anyone know if they sell them separate?

Also, we can see the kyber crystal still lighting up inside the hilt, even though it is off. Is this normal? This was immediately after building it, before the blade was broken.

In other SWGE news, we love it. We love all things star wars and think it's amazing, OT characters or not! We all enjoyed ronto roasters (even 2 of my picky eaters!), popcorn wasn't that bad/spicy, everyone really liked the blue milk (and better than the green), olga's really should have seats and be a restaurant (disney lost an opportunity here! don't think we'll be back, though we loved the atmosphere), smugg's was super fun for all of us, no matter the position or how bad we did (husband and son purposely tried to crash it on the second ride), and the land does need more shade!

:guilty: My son just broke my husband's brand new blade he got at Savi's today. Jumped on the bed and bent it. Anyone know if they sell them separate?
I know you can buy blades at Dok Ondar's. There are two sizes. I'm not sure if they are the same blades, but I would guess they are. These are the blades that sell with the legendary hilts. The blades are about $50.

I overheard an interesting conversation re: GE while waiting in line for Mission Breakout (disclaimer: we loved GE and visited multiple times on our week long trip)

One middle age woman and two younger women were talking about GE. Here are some sample quotes:

“I liked it, but I am not a huge Star Wars fan.”

“Smugglers Run is just like Star Tours with buttons.”

“There is not enough to do in the land, it only took us 2 hours to see it.”

“I don’t like Avatar, but I loved World of Avatar at Disney World and I would definitely go back. I don’t feel the same about Galaxy’s Edge.”

Ok I’m grounding myself from buying anymore merchandise..this summer alone I’ve already gotten a droid, toy story dooney, Disney dress, bo peep bow, and now the loth cat...lol leaving the park now before I’m tempted to buy anything else lol

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned, I think the Porgs are sold out. I didn’t see any when I was buying the loth cat.

Last edited:
This June was back to what June used to be like near the beach. I’m shocked I haven’t had to put my AC on yet since it’s still cooling down at night.

Well, yes and no. Temps even inland Orange County were lower than normal. We had numerous days where it was cloudy all day, and the clouds never burned off. There were mornings and nights in the 50s. We didn't swim in our pools until late in the month. The one exception was that 2 day heat wave around the 8-9. Then it was back to cold and gloomy.

But you're correct that June isn't typically hot.

Thank you!!! And no curses at all, lol. It’s all just tea leaf reading. Just before I read your reply I was telling DH that I was leaning toward staying with March. January is also so close to Christmas and our son’s birthday; we’d be cramming the whole years worth of fun into three weeks and then wallowing the rest of the year 😂

I’m feeling a call to June, but our son is SO EXCITED, I don’t think I could break it to him that he has to wait another four months. He already couldn’t wait to build a Droid, that he created this R2 unit 💜. And hey, if it turns out to be busy or merch is low, well then, all the more reason to come back in 2021, right?
I wouldn’t change your dates.

Reactions: EmJ
Hey everyone!

I am very excited to visit SWGE! We will be in town for a few weeks and I'm for sure going! I'm thinking 7/24. For those of you that have already been multiple times (mostly speaking to the AP holders) what is the best (least crowded) day of the week to visit? In contrast, what is the worst day of the week and should be avoided?

Thanks!

Ok I’m grounding myself from buying anymore merchandise..this summer alone I’ve already gotten a droid, toy story dooney, Disney dress, bo peep bow, and now the loth cat...lol leaving the park now before I’m tempted to buy anything else lol

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned, I think the Porgs are sold out. I didn’t see any when I was buying the loth cat.
Were you in DL this morning? We’re at DCA now, but we were over there this morning.

Ah, we got there about 11:30. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were so delightfully empty for the first hour with everyone else at SWGE! And then we hit MFSR a bit before noon and only waited 40 minutes.
Yeah it was soo quiet this morning! It was amazing! I came for rope drop. Did Space, Matterhorn, Indy, had breakfast at Red Rose Tavern, and tried getting a pic with Peter Pan but he was moving too fast.When I went over to Fantasyland to do Alice, I was confused on how to get into the line because I'm used to seeing a long line of people in it haha. I did MFSR single rider and waited about 15 minutes.

I rode Smuggler's Run several times and thought that there would be many assumptions in order to fully enjoy it. For instance, the most important role, pilot, one controls vertical, the other controls horizontal. They need to both do well. Basically it is star tours + the interactive part, and the interactive part is highly dependent on the whole team. So I feel that it might be much fun only if either the whole crew is one party or the whole crew do really well.

Agree 100%. We rode SR twice. Once as a family (3) and once as single riders. As a family we got 2 pilots and a gunner. The rest of our group was adults and they rode before. I was very nervous being the pilot and I'll admit, I crashed once in the beginning. But the guy who had been on the ride 10 times said we got the highest score he's ever had. He was stoked, to say the least.

Second time as single riders. Had a mom and children with me and dd. Her kids complained they didn't want to be the pilots. DD took one of the spots. Mom was other pilot. Kids were gunners and engineer with me. Engineer is a nothing spot. I didn't like it after being the pilot. It also didn't help that the kid in front of me was crying and I was trying to help her be a gunner. Mom was too busy taking pictures of her kids to be a pilot and we crashed at least 6 times. My daughter tried to help the mom but she didn't care. It was not a fun experience.

No doubt, that ride is dependent upon who you are with. I wasn't a huge fan. :scared:

Not true, Im a single rider and did Smugglers run 5 times. 3 Times on one day and twice on the second day. I got all 3 positions. Each of the 5 times I was with random people. The ride was amazing fun all 5 times, even when there was a child as the pilot. Everyone was shouting and cheering, the ride enjoyment was NOT diminished just because all 5 times we were groups of strangers. Going to hyperdrive is a rush, no matter WHO is pilot.

I am glad you had a different experience than I did. I had no cheering and happiness on my single rider experience. I had tears and fighting from a family and no one paying attention. It sucked. It really did. Good thing I didn't wait long.

I overheard an interesting conversation re: GE while waiting in line for Mission Breakout (disclaimer: we loved GE and visited multiple times on our week long trip)

One middle age woman and two younger women were talking about GE. Here are some sample quotes:

“I don’t like Avatar, but I loved World of Avatar at Disney World and I would definitely go back. I don’t feel the same about Galaxy’s Edge.”

Although this wasn't me, it definitely could have been.

1. I did like it, but not in awe of it. Granted, I am not a huge SW fan. The only ones I sorta know are the early ones. This land felt very spartan and cold. Yeah, I know it is supposed to be, but I didn't feel immersed. No music to get me pumped up. Only 1 ride which I felt was just ok. (It really is the Navi River Journey of SWGE), and shops I had no interest in.

2. It was kind of like Star Tours but amped up a bit. I feel each ride is really dependent upon who you are with. (read above)

3. Agree. We did it all in 2 hours. We went to Oga's twice. Rode SR twice. Looked around and watched the storm troopers (probably my favorite thing) and looked in the gift shops even though we had no interest in buying anything. It is all based on the new SW's which we knew going in, but man we really miss the old. Even when we were in Oga's the DJ played a new techno version of the original bar scene music. People went NUTS!!! IMHO, they are doing themselves a HUGE disservice by not incorporating more original SW's things. People want to recognize things ... if you only know the old (like me) you won't see much. DH grew up with SW's. He felt the same way. He could recognize a lot more than I could, but he missed the old.

4. I did like the movie Avatar. And I loved the look of Pandora at WDW. It is beautiful. I guess that is where SWGE differs, but it cannot be beautiful and lush. It is not supposed to be. I just didn't get that wow factor like I did at Pandora. DH (who by far loves SW over Avatar) said Pandora was better. I was more sad for him as he was really looking forward to SWGE.
Even with WWOHP I don't know anything and really felt immersed. I felt like I was inside of this world. I just didn't get that same feeling in SWGE. I can't put my finger on why, but the magic I wanted to feel just wasn't there.

Interesting. I said many of those same things to others, specifically about the ride’s similarity to Star Tours, and the comparison of SW:GE to Pandora at WDW.

I wasn’t wowed by anything, but overall, I thought the land was well done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter