I wish I could have cancelled mine, SO disappointed in that experience! Make a reservation, wait in line, stand behind a bunch of people at the bar and "wait" for a spot at the bar.

We went to Oga’s this Saturday afternoon. We went twice during the “running of the bulls” reservation period, and this was a much more pleasant experience from the booking standpoint! We had to wait in line about 10 minutes or less, and they said we could request a seat but it would take longer than standing. We said standing was fine (we stood both times before). We were 2 adults and one 12 year old. They walked us in and sat us at a booth, which was an unexpected surprise! So much easier to enjoy while sitting. Our waiter was one of those ”surly is the personality type my character is portraying”. Or maybe he was just genuinely surly, but it wasn’t the best. He served our first round and we had to pay for that round before we could order another. Then we ordered the second round, and at almost exactly 45 minutes, he came and told everyone at our booth “your time is up” and walked off. We stayed a few minutes more to actually try to finish our drinks and then we left. The drinks were good, the vibe was much less excited/spirited in the guests than it was during the reservation period (I guess a lot of folks there had already seen it before, like we had). We did really appreciate sitting down, so in the future, if the line outside is not too long, we may request sitting down and see how long it takes to get in. Overall we will probably do it again on our next trip, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

We did not ride MFSR as the waits this weekend never went below 45 minutes that we saw. The only time it was lower was at around 10:30pm Sunday night, during the Halloween party (which we were attending in DCA). It went to 15 minutes, I guess because many people were at the party and many others left by then for next day’s work/school commitments. We were frankly too tired at that point to hop over there and do it, so we skipped it this time. If they get FP, we will definitely ride it in the future.

I have a question I've asked before, but the last time I asked was when the land first opened and no one really knew what was going on. My mom will be going with us in November. In June, she decided to just not go on the ride since she wasn't sure how it would be on her back. She wants to ride the falcon this time, but she has to use DAS for most waits at the park unless it's under 15 minutes due to her health issues (she has RA). Since there's no FP, how are they handling people with the disability pass? Will she be able to do the same thing as everywhere else in Disneyland where she gets a return time and can sit somewhere while she's waiting, or will we need to get there at rope drop so she won't have to wait in line?

I have a question I've asked before, but the last time I asked was when the land first opened and no one really knew what was going on. My mom will be going with us in November. In June, she decided to just not go on the ride since she wasn't sure how it would be on her back. She wants to ride the falcon this time, but she has to use DAS for most waits at the park unless it's under 15 minutes due to her health issues (she has RA). Since there's no FP, how are they handling people with the disability pass? Will she be able to do the same thing as everywhere else in Disneyland where she gets a return time and can sit somewhere while she's waiting, or will we need to get there at rope drop so she won't have to wait in line?
They have DAS for MFSR. There’s a kiosk with plaids right inside the Frontierland entrance.

Yes, DAS works exactly as it does at every other ride-- you can get a return time at any of the kiosks at any of the parks, and you scan at the kiosks where the FP line will eventually be.

I searched, but I didn't find any answer. Can you tell me, how much is the tip for your server at Ogas Cantina? As usual for Disney 15-20% or as usual at a bar, like 1-2$ per drink?

Yes, DAS works exactly as it does at every other ride-- you can get a return time at any of the kiosks at any of the parks, and you scan at the kiosks where the FP line will eventually be.
Unless the procedure has changed recently, only the Information Kiosk in SWGE (located by the Frontierland entrance, just at the entrance of the tunnel, near the Droid Depot) can issue DAS return times for MFSR. They can also issue return times for all other rides in the parks. But the other kiosks cannot issue return times for MFSR. You must be inside Batuu to get a DAS return time.
@beachdreamr1229: How does your mom do with ramps? There are quite a few ramps, some relatively steep, in the FP/DAS return line. If she has trouble with inclines, this could be an issue.

Have any international guests been asked for passports as ID for Ogas? We’re from Australia and I don’t really want to be carrying our passports around all day, but don’t want to be caught out either. We’re 35 & 38 so look well over legal age but I know some places can be sticklers for ID.

Have any international guests been asked for passports as ID for Ogas? We’re from Australia and I don’t really want to be carrying our passports around all day, but don’t want to be caught out either. We’re 35 & 38 so look well over legal age but I know some places can be sticklers for ID.

I wasn't asked for a passport. Come think of it, I don't think any of us was asked. However, there were a lot of requests for ID when using my AP discount, all throughout the park.

Yes I was, when I was at the bar but not when I was at a standing table. Im over 40 but look a lot younger so I am used to being asked for ID in America.

We will be arriving to DLR and heading directly to GE next Wednesday at about 4:30 or 5:00. My db said ask your Disboards which entrance they would recommend for the biggest wow factor?

We will be arriving to DLR and heading directly to GE next Wednesday at about 4:30 or 5:00. My db said ask your Disboards which entrance they would recommend for the biggest wow factor?
I think it depends on what you like best. If you're a fan of the Resistance, the Critter Country entrance starts your visit in the Resistance camp and see those ships. If you're a fan of the First Order, then the Fantasyland entrance opens right up into the First Order area with Kylo Ren's ship. Personally, while I'm not a First Order fan, I'd start with the Fantasyland entrance because it starts you right in the middle of all of the activity of the outpost. And it's a short walk to Millennium Falcon, which probably meant to be the main focal point of the land (at this point).

We were there this weekend, and as a merch update, they had the following Kyber crystals in stock: red, blue, green, yellow, white and purple (I think, we didn’t really look for purple since that is the one we built into our light saber at Savi’s). They have now put a film inside all of the canisters so that you can not hold them up to the light and find the elusive black crystal in the red canister. As others have posted, the price has increased from $12.99 to $14.99. They were all behind the counter.

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a location we can leave our droids and lightsabers after we build them? Our reservations are early in the day and so I don’t know what we would do with them when we ride attractions later in the day.

Anyone have any tips on how to get a lightsaber blade back home on the plane? I finally caved on the last day of our DLR trip and bought a legacy lightsaber, along with a blade and a case. I was hoping to ship at least the blade home...but when we got back to the resort (Paradise Pier), they told us that they didn’t ship them because they don’t have boxes for them. The rep at guest services said they’re working on having boxes for them soon.

I’m thinking of just putting the blade in the shoulder carrying case and checking it tomorrow (and keeping the hilt in my suitcase), but was wondering how anyone else fared with lightsaber plane travel? Thanks!

I searched, but I didn't find any answer. Can you tell me, how much is the tip for your server at Ogas Cantina? As usual for Disney 15-20% or as usual at a bar, like 1-2$ per drink?

I've never tipped $1-2 for a drink at a bar. I always tip 20%. Plus, if you are not at the actual bar, there are servers who bring the drinks to you, so yes, 20% would be customary.

Unless the procedure has changed recently, only the Information Kiosk in SWGE (located by the Frontierland entrance, just at the entrance of the tunnel, near the Droid Depot) can issue DAS return times for MFSR. They can also issue return times for all other rides in the parks. But the other kiosks cannot issue return times for MFSR. You must be inside Batuu to get a DAS return time.

This process changed at the end of August-- we were able to get a MFSRR at any kiosk, and they informed me then it was a very recent (like within the last couple of days) change.

This process changed at the end of August-- we were able to get a MFSRR at any kiosk, and they informed me then it was a very recent (like within the last couple of days) change.
That's great! It makes things much easier -- and I wonder if the process will stay this way when ROTR opens.

I tipped 20%. The receipt shows you the amounts for 20%, plus a couple others that I cannot remember. So, they are expecting 15-20%.

@beachdreamr1229: How does your mom do with ramps? There are quite a few ramps, some relatively steep, in the FP/DAS return line. If she has trouble with inclines, this could be an issue.

Thank you for the feedback. It was such a mess the last time we were there that we didn't even bother looking for the kiosk. My mom's fine with ramps. She just can't do stairs or stand for long periods of time. I think it should be fine, but I will warn her just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter