New resort may be a better option

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
IMHO, I think big resort projects like this are just what is needed over the next 5+ years for the continued trend towards pushing folks to stay off property, especially after the recent announcement of it being the last year for ME, which really effects so many guests and not in a good way. We are out of state, have AP's and always used ME and stay on property, never once blinking an eye at forking over the $600-$800 a night rate for "deluxe" because we like to be in the bubble, walk to a few of the parks, have xtra magic hours, earlier booking, etc, but with alot of those perks going away, Disney is making it much less appealing for me to stay on property. I've already starting testing the off site waters for the first time as we were booked at BCV (2 bedroom) this coming March for my DD's 12th birthday, the total cost was over $4,000. We were will to pay that because we love staying at the BC and DD loves SAB but I just cancelled our ressie on Monday and booked at an off site resort instead. Total cost off site is $1900 and that's for an 1800 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 story home with a private pool and jacuzzi. The resort we're now staying at also has a large waterpark next door, tons of restaurants and shopping within walking distance, and is located 4 miles from AK. I thought DD would be disappointed but when she saw the pics of were we're now staying, she screamed with excitement. We are still booked at BCV's for the first week of October but if this first trip off property goes smoothly for us, we may just continue the trend and cancel the BCV Oct ressie as well. I'll definitely miss walking to EPCOT and HS in March but we'll have much nicer accommodations and have the freedom to now go other places while we're in Orlando, like Universal and Discovery Cove, but it seems that's what Disney is shooting for anyway. :(

It is being developed on an existing development/golf course. This isn't raw land needed extensive prep.

It does appear to be a project that will draw in many, especially since they are partnering with Crystal Lagoons. That is huge. Add the location is awesome.

"Bookings for Evermore Orlando Resort are slated to launch in 2022 with the grand opening for the first guests anticipated for summer 2023."

A new resort is being built right next to WDW. With all the changes or cutbacks, this may be a better option than staying on site and it will probably cost less per night. Either way, it looks and sounds amazing! I purchased DVC last year and now I regret it. Evermore Orlando Resort - A new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World (wdwmagic.com)

If it ends up looking and being like they say, I really don't see it costing less than staying onsite.

It will cost alot less because it's not Disney

Yes, when you compare apples to apples, Disney is always much more than the competitor. We can't compare this to POP Century or really just about any room in a Disney hotel. The villas and multi-bedroom units will likely compare to the nicest of the Disney DVC, and the Conrad Hotel will likely be nicer than the nicest Disney deluxe. Add the amenities ~ I don't see there being the ability to do apples to apples here.

It is being developed on an existing development/golf course. This isn't raw land needed extensive prep.

It does appear to be a project that will draw in many, especially since they are partnering with Crystal Lagoons. That is huge. Add the location is awesome.

"Bookings for Evermore Orlando Resort are slated to launch in 2022 with the grand opening for the first guests anticipated for summer 2023."
Do you know the significance of the terminology WRT to these water features? I assume both are pools, not freshwater lakes? IDK what “crystalline” means in this context.

Hopefully this will help drive onsite prices down!

Do you know the significance of the terminology WRT to these water features? I assume both are pools, not freshwater lakes? IDK what “crystalline” means in this context.

Hopefully this will help drive onsite prices down!

Crystal Lagoons are swimming pools and I think their use of the word crystalline means crystal clear water as opposed what is in most natural water. So it's a lagoon that is crystal clear and that is achieved by building as a swimming pool. But due to the very large size traditional treatment like chlorine is prohibitive so this company has patented their own system.

Here is their website, there are others and more being built. It is an interesting concept, very expansive in offerings, some are to be installed as public swim facilities. I've been watching them a couple years.

https://www.crystal-lagoons.com/

IMHO, I think big resort projects like this are just what is needed over the next 5+ years for the continued trend towards pushing folks to stay off property, especially after the recent announcement of it being the last year for ME, which really effects so many guests and not in a good way. We are out of state, have AP's and always used ME and stay on property, never once blinking an eye at forking over the $600-$800 a night rate for "deluxe" because we like to be in the bubble, walk to a few of the parks, have xtra magic hours, earlier booking, etc, but with alot of those perks going away, Disney is making it much less appealing for me to stay on property. I've already starting testing the off site waters for the first time as we were booked at BCV (2 bedroom) this coming March for my DD's 12th birthday, the total cost was over $4,000. We were will to pay that because we love staying at the BC and DD loves SAB but I just cancelled our ressie on Monday and booked at an off site resort instead. Total cost off site is $1900 and that's for an 1800 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 story home with a private pool and jacuzzi. The resort we're now staying at also has a large waterpark next door, tons of restaurants and shopping within walking distance, and is located 4 miles from AK. I thought DD would be disappointed but when she saw the pics of were we're now staying, she screamed with excitement. We are still booked at BCV's for the first week of October but if this first trip off property goes smoothly for us, we may just continue the trend and cancel the BCV Oct ressie as well. I'll definitely miss walking to EPCOT and HS in March but we'll have much nicer accommodations and have the freedom to now go other places while we're in Orlando, like Universal and Discovery Cove, but it seems that's what Disney is shooting for anyway. :(
What resort is this? thank you

Crystal Lagoons are swimming pools and I think their use of the word crystalline means crystal clear water as opposed what is in most natural water. So it's a lagoon that is crystal clear and that is achieved by building as a swimming pool. But due to the very large size traditional treatment like chlorine is prohibitive so this company has patented their own system.

Here is their website, there are others and more being built. It is an interesting concept, very expansive in offerings, some are to be installed as public swim facilities. I've been watching them a couple years.

https://www.crystal-lagoons.com/
Dude......a dome?!!? Wow. Thanks for sharing.

I think they will compete with Golden Oaks, providing a cheaper alternative for not quite as wealthy people. My guess is homes will start at a million, villas less.

The hotel already exists. It will just need a partial remodel to be open for business. They will open in stages and fund further development off the proceeds of the partial remodel and some new houses and villas. You can see the property just north of Golden Oaks in Google earth.

it is a risky investment, but has the potential to do well like Golden Oaks. There is a lot of demand from the one percenters and not much supply of high end, new construction near Disneyworld.

I think they will compete with Golden Oaks, providing a cheaper alternative for not quite as wealthy people. My guess is homes will start at a million, villas less.

The hotel already exists. It will just need a partial remodel to be open for business. They will open in stages and fund further development off the proceeds of the partial remodel and some new houses and villas. You can see the property just north of Golden Oaks in Google earth.

it is a risky investment, but has the potential to do well like Golden Oaks. There is a lot of demand from the one percenters and not much supply of high end, new construction near Disneyworld.
I didn’t know you could rent homes in Golden Oaks for vacation. Can you? I may have read it wrong but I thought it said the homes at the new resort were up to 11 bedroom built solely for vacation rental.

I didn’t know you could rent homes in Golden Oaks for vacation. Can you? I may have read it wrong but I thought it said the homes at the new resort were up to 11 bedroom built solely for vacation rental.

You can NOT rent Golden Oak homes, it is in their contract that they can not rent them out. The new resort looks like their homes are just rentals and not like the Golden Oak community. Golden Oak is a private home community and the Evermore looks to be just a vacation rental place.

You can NOT rent Golden Oak homes, it is in their contract that they can not rent them out. The new resort looks like their homes are just rentals and not like the Golden Oak community. Golden Oak is a private home community and the Evermore looks to be just a vacation rental place.
I was 99% sure that Golden Oaks was owned homes. I was just replying to bearzabout who stated that the homes in the new resort would compete with Golden Oaks. From the article it clearly states that the new resort is rental homes for vacations. Again, just replying to bearzabouts comment.

Yeah, I don't agree. I've stayed in many nice hotels/resorts in tons of cities and those don't really cost much less.
I disagree, if you're talking about the same quality of hotel. The Disney deluxe resorts are basically mainline hotel in quality, but they're priced up there with top tier luxury hotels like Waldorf Astoria and Four Seasons. In fact, the Waldorf next to WDW is usually significantly cheaper than a Disney deluxe, and the Four Seasons is sometimes the same price as a Disney deluxe. Bonnet Creek Hilton, a solid mainline hotel near WDW, is often priced on par with Disney's Pop Century, which is basically a dressed-up motel.

For the same quality of hotel, you spend much more at a Disney resort than offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!