New resort may be a better option

I didn’t know you could rent homes in Golden Oaks for vacation. Can you? I may have read it wrong but I thought it said the homes at the new resort were up to 11 bedroom built solely for vacation rental.

Agreed. Golden Oaks is a private residence community, no short term rentals. This new resort will in no way compete with them.

Added: This new resort is being built with "residences" that may be privately owned but will be expected to be rented out. Sounds interesting .... is there any gain for homeowners other than appreciation.

This new resort is currently golf and villas, no hotel. The new hotel looks beautiful, hope they start it soon I have lots of Hilton points. :) The question is will they use some of the old villa buildings for the new resort since there are equal sized villas there for one of the new offerings. The renderings look like they could be repurposed.

Last edited:
The demand for the houses in Golden Oaks is so high that few are ever for sale at one time and the prices on existing homes have gone up nearly 40%. I think that the people that may have been in the market to buy at Golden Oaks may find renting a beautiful villa in Evermore makes more sense. In this respect, I think they will compete for similar customers with their best units.

i just wanted to clear up what I meant. There seems to be a lot of demand for high end lodging near Disneyworld and not everyone likes to stay in a hotel or spend $100,000+/year on a house. I think the concept has the potential to be very successful.

Sorry for the confusion!

Added: This new resort is being built with "residences" that may be privately owned but will be expected to be rented out. Sounds interesting is there any gain for homeowners other than appreciation.

It doesn't sound like they will be privately owned. From the developer/builder/owner:

"Each accommodation is 100% owned, managed and operated by our singular onsite team, offering the unique hospitality, safety, cleanliness, privacy, amenities and general trip peace of mind that can often be a hit-or-miss reality with private home rental."

https://evermoreresort.com/

I agree there will be a big demand given the location and the amenities they will have. But these are described as vacation rental units, so likely weekly like others, with potential of daily, and won't compete with year long leases.

It doesn't sound like they will be privately owned. From the developer/builder/owner:

"Each accommodation is 100% owned, managed and operated by our singular onsite team, offering the unique hospitality, safety, cleanliness, privacy, amenities and general trip peace of mind that can often be a hit-or-miss reality with private home rental."

https://evermoreresort.com/

And within their own website and has been widely reported is ...

"Almost all vacation rentals are owned by individuals, each with their own unique tastes and willingness to maintain the properties."

I own in a community with vacation rentals, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units. In order to rent them out you must provide everything the rental business requires meaning that the units are similar but they are all decorated by owners. For us there are 3 levels of rates based on what you provide and how they are decorated. It could be that they are keeping the old villas, doing a renovation to make their bones alike, then selling them for owners to decorate with minimum standards. They are certainly putting conflicting info out there and it's a wait and see.

And within their own website and has been widely reported is ...

"Almost all vacation rentals are owned by individuals, each with their own unique tastes and willingness to maintain the properties."

I think what they are saying is that the general vacation rental market is owned by individuals. Their verbiage on the front of their website points to them differentiating themselves from the general market.

In fact, the next sentence following the comparison states: Our centralized ownership model makes it possible for our guests to be certain that they are getting a first-class home with superior safety standards.

I think what they are saying is that the general vacation rental market is owned by individuals. Their verbiage on the front of their website points to them differentiating themselves from the general market.

In fact, the next sentence following the comparison states: Our centralized ownership model makes it possible for our guests to be certain that they are getting a first-class home with superior safety standards.

I still don't think it is clear what they are doing since their own website contradicts. My complex guarantees renters get the same standards but units are owned by individuals as Evermore has indicated they will be. If there is centralized ownership there would be no "unique tastes" or "maintaining properties" by the individuals. You pay the fees and they all look alike, owners get no input.

Again, until it is much further along we won't know. Will be interesting to follow.

I still don't think it is clear what they are doing since their own website contradicts. My complex guarantees renters get the same standards but units are owned by individuals as Evermore has indicated they will be. If there is centralized ownership there would be no "unique tastes" or "maintaining properties" by the individuals. You pay the fees and they all look alike, owners get no input.

Again, until it is much further along we won't know. Will be interesting to follow.

Evermore is indicating that typical rental properties (not theirs) are owned by individuals with each one customized per the owner(s). They are marketing their rentals as centralized ownership and each accommodation is 100% owned, managed and operated by our singular onsite team, offering the unique hospitality, safety, cleanliness, privacy, amenities and general trip peace of mind that can often be a hit-or-miss reality with private home rental. They are touting that with a centralized owner the standards are higher than an individually owned rental.

I don't see it as a contradiction, but a comparison to other rental communities/properties. But, what they are listing on their website can change.

Sounds like Evermore might be using the Margaritaville model. People can buy the houses, but they're not really meant to be full-time residences. For example, USPS won't deliver mail there. But owners can use them when they want, and have Margaritaville's approved property management company take care of renting them out when the owners are away. Because of all the advertising for the resort, there's a built-in audience for the cottages, and owners just basically need to make their units available; they don't have to do any of the work.

The Crystal Lagoon feature certainly looks interesting. I will definitely consider this property. I expect it will be priced similarly to a Disney Deluxe room but with better amenities and larger (separate bedrooms) accommodations.

I think it makes perfect sense to start construction now. They will be operational in 2023 when the world is roaring back to normalcy. The location is also excellent. It's almost as good as Bonnet Creek. The drive to a park might be 5 minutes longer at most.

I also think this project is large enough that it will put competitive pressure on surrounding properties (especially Disney). Competition for the vacationing consumer is always a good thing.

Sounds like Evermore might be using the Margaritaville model. People can buy the houses, but they're not really meant to be full-time residences. For example, USPS won't deliver mail there. But owners can use them when they want, and have Margaritaville's approved property management company take care of renting them out when the owners are away. Because of all the advertising for the resort, there's a built-in audience for the cottages, and owners just basically need to make their units available; they don't have to do any of the work.
The downside to that though is that the homes aren't secure since you have alot of rentals. So this couldn't be your permanent home but just a vacation home that you wouldn't keep valuables in.

The security is one of the main advantages of the gated Golden Oak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter