New Fireworks?

Teki

<font color=brown>Love the Indi hats!<br><font col
So who has heard about the new fireworks? My question is what have you heard and what do you think? Also what do you think about Dumbo instead of Tinkerbell? I have heard that that's whats going to happen what do you guys think?

Saw part of the practice run, they still have tinkerbell just added dumbo, so it isn't really dumbo "instead" of tinkerbell

The haven't replaced Tink, just added Dumbo. I'm excited to see them!!

We got to see a preview, which amounted to next to nothing because we were to the left of the castle and our view was blocked by trees and umbrellas. All we saw was a snippet of carousel horses on the castle and the bit of fireworks above the castle to the left.

It seems that, like the previous show, this one isn't worth seeing unless you stake out a spot way early to guarantee a clear view of the sky, the castle, and the area to the right of the castle.

Had any CM ever been willing to even hint that, yes, they were having fireworks while we were there, I would have made an effort to do so. As it is, I have found that the CMs seem to be completely uninformed about anything to do with Disneyland. I even had two tell me I was wrong...that they didn't have them last Wednesday. Funny, we heard them and saw light from our hotel room. UGH. Disney CMS are clueless!

We got to see a preview, which amounted to next to nothing because we were to the left of the castle and our view was blocked by trees and umbrellas. All we saw was a snippet of carousel horses on the castle and the bit of fireworks above the castle to the left.

It seems that, like the previous show, this one isn't worth seeing unless you stake out a spot way early to guarantee a clear view of the sky, the castle, and the area to the right of the castle.

Had any CM ever been willing to even hint that, yes, they were having fireworks while we were there, I would have made an effort to do so. As it is, I have found that the CMs seem to be completely uninformed about anything to do with Disneyland. I even had two tell me I was wrong...that they didn't have them last Wednesday. Funny, we heard them and saw light from our hotel room. UGH. Disney CMS are clueless!

I think you may have to give the CMs a break on this one. The new fireworks shows so far have all been unscheduled. That means that it is something they are not to promote, and unless they are scheduled to work it, they do not know for sure if it is even happening. That is how it works with "test shows."

As for the "which side of the castle," almost all fireworks shows at Disneyland that I can ever remember are best viewed if you can see above and to the left of the castle. Again, however, it's a new show so even the cast members wouldn't have been able to tell you that as they don't know either.

- Dreams

It was ok. It was nowhere close to RDCT at DL or Wishes at WDW. Dumbo was touch but I was disappointed. I think like most have put it....they wanted to downsize the show to allow people to pass from land to land. The music is nicely done though. Hey now people will have enough time to run to Fantasmic! with a shortened show.

Well since they hadn't officially started yet I'm sure the CM's basically knew nothing about them. I don't think it's their fault at all that they didn't know and I'm sure they had people asking them that all day long. We will keep your suggestion in mind but we've never had a horrible view of the fireworks, in fact we've always loved them.

Saw part of the practice run, they still have tinkerbell just added dumbo, so it isn't really dumbo "instead" of tinkerbell

Really good to hear, I had heard different thanks for the info!

So those of you who have seen the new show via the test runs, how did they accomplish dumbo? because that was something I was pretty curious about.

Dumbo rises from the left of the castle on the same cable that Tink uses, and flies to the castle and past it, then returns back down - all while they play "Baby Mine." My daughter video'd it & you can see it on the fireworks thread on the main Disneyland board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter