• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man my son uses a wheelchair and we block out most of the noise but I think that would get to me. He has his own wheelchair that folds up like an umbrella stroller hopefully we won't hear much about it. Might just forget this option and stick to driving, thought this might help with the heat.
Most people are very gracious about it, these rude people are probably an exception. One of my favorite stories actually involves me. We were staying at POR and they have massive crowds trying to get on too few buses. Every time we thought we'd be next, a wheelchair or ECV with a large party would arrive. I grumbled under my breath to my companions (though no one else could hear) about having to wait for another bus (we had already waited through 3) Finally, here comes another bus and here comes not 1, not 2, but 3 wheelchairs/ECVs! Karma really bit me and we all still have a great laugh over that. Don't worry about it. More people will (silently) support you than agree with rudeness, even though they don't openly express it.

If AK regular park closing is at 11:00 PM, buses will still run to all parks at that hour, even if destination park is already closed. If destination park is closed, Express drop off will be at front of park. I don't know if that policy applies to departures from other parks, as well. It was the first I had heard of this policy.

If AK regular park closing is at 11:00 PM, buses will still run to all parks at that hour, even if destination park is already closed. If destination park is closed, Express drop off will be at front of park. I don't know if that policy applies to departures from other parks, as well. It was the first I had heard of this policy.
I never heard that either

We made it from the Plaza side of the garden viewing area for HEA and out to the express bus stop in time for the 9:30 bus to AK with no seconds to spare. No idea how but we made it. Bus is close to full, maybe 3 open seats

I would love this to be true. In Dec. Mk closes early, 4 of the 8 nights we are there due to parties. If we could get a bus from inside AK and get dropped off by MK at say 9 pm, that would be super.

This is a very important thing to note. Folks have mentioned loosing magic, not wanting to see anything using this service. You really won't/can't. I mean, I guess there is some slight possibility but really, they picked their locations intentionally. There is really nothing to see where they take you, nothing of note to take photos of. Other than a CM standing around waiting on a ride with a backpack. A regular CM, not a costumed, character CM. Or the back side of a building. It's as interesting as back side of water ;)

Thank you! I had decided not to use it bc I didn't want to spoil any magic. My kids believe that everything in Disney is actually placed there by magic, and I'll cling to that for as long as humanly possible. I was afraid they'd see something that would clue them in...

I just noticed the MK opening hours for our travel date moved from 9am to 8am. Does anyone know if they will be starting the express transportation earlier than 10am in accordance with the earlier opening hour, or should we not expect the earliest bus to change? thanks!

I just noticed the MK opening hours for our travel date moved from 9am to 8am. Does anyone know if they will be starting the express transportation earlier than 10am in accordance with the earlier opening hour, or should we not expect the earliest bus to change? thanks!

Opening time has not changed the 10 am start time for the express bus thus far, so I would not expect that to change.

Things are all topsy turvy with Pandora and AK right now. They are changing all sorts of things to try to manage the crowds. I'm sure this is one of those
So is this saying that we can take the express bus from AK to MK during night EMH or are they still not doing that?
Of course I know all this could change again when crowds calm down at AK,

When you park hop using the Express bus, do you get checked in using your Magic Band (or card) at the new park so Disney knows where you are?

When you park hop using the Express bus, do you get checked in using your Magic Band (or card) at the new park so Disney knows where you are?
The CM's scan you with one of those ipad type scanners (that they sometimes use for scanning MB's for FP) before you load the bus.

Anyone noticed any change in the scheduled times yet? My main two concerns with the express bus on the trip both involve hoping to AK after fireworks. HAE one night with a 10pm closing at MK (though I suspect it will be changed to 11 like the weeks prior to it) and after Fantasmic the other night. At MK I have the whole exactly on the hour thing to worry about. If I could KNOW it goes to one past closing then I would wait for that so we can get a last ride in one 7DMT and Space right at close, but I fear we need to actually be there at 10. For DHS, I'm worried they won't let us exit the theater that way from Fantasmic or fighting the crowds will make it impossible to make the last bus, which I assume is at 9:40.

Do you think Express Bus is worth it? I was wondering how much time it saves and is it cool to see behind the scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter