New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I buy a pass on Monday MORNING, is it still good the following Sunday NIGHT? Or is it 168 hours on the nose and expires on Sunday morning?
There is much confusion on this so I am not able to answer. Hopefully someone else can chime in. But it gets real grey when you reach the last day, that's for sure. None of our trips have been long enough to test it personally

If I buy a pass on Monday MORNING, is it still good the following Sunday NIGHT? Or is it 168 hours on the nose and expires on Sunday morning?

I overheard people talking to the cast member at one of the Express Transportation kiosk/tables asking this question. The girl said it is good for 7 full park days in a row, it didn't matter what time of the day it was purchased/activated. She was saying it works just like a park hopper. Once its purchased/activated that is considered the first day. It doesn't matter if its 8am or 8pm - that day is used. So, Yes, if you bought it Monday morning, it would be good thru the end of the day on Sunday.

I think I read some where that on July 4 the express bus would stop running much earlier in the day due to traffic, Not sure where or what time, So if you want to do this on the 4 of July you maybe a few hours too late.

Where did you read this? It would be great if you could find the link because this is exactly the day I plan on using it. Also, not sure what this statement means: So if you want to do this on the 4 of July you maybe a few hours too late. Can you clarify that? Thanks.

I overheard people talking to the cast member at one of the Express Transportation kiosk/tables asking this question. The girl said it is good for 7 full park days in a row, it didn't matter what time of the day it was purchased/activated. She was saying it works just like a park hopper. Once its purchased/activated that is considered the first day. It doesn't matter if its 8am or 8pm - that day is used. So, Yes, if you bought it Monday morning, it would be good thru the end of the day on Sunday.
Do note though, that what the CM says and what the computer does do not always go together. The CM often mean well but there have been system issues and I'm not sure that we've ever gotten confirmation they've straightened them out

Where did you read this? It would be great if you could find the link because this is exactly the day I plan on using it. Also, not sure what this statement means: So if you want to do this on the 4 of July you maybe a few hours too late. Can you clarify that? Thanks.
That if you are planing on going to another park after illumination you will be a few hours late on getting a bus.

Not sure where I read it but it might be the magic kingdom only. I am sure where you get the pass you can ask the CM since you can not get it early they should know.

Joining in as I just realized that the current "noise" regarding ongoing road work near POP and Disney as a whole had me stressed about my planning for December, when I thought well avoid that by not going back to the room a few days and either starting a little later or just pushing thru and using the park to park express buses. This is one upcharge I feel is worth it. Hoping they continue this service long term

Joining in as I just realized that the current "noise" regarding ongoing road work near POP and Disney as a whole had me stressed about my planning for December, when I thought well avoid that by not going back to the room a few days and either starting a little later or just pushing thru and using the park to park express buses. This is one upcharge I feel is worth it. Hoping they continue this service long term

I think it was worth it for me. I paid through the nose and used it for ONE SINGLE DAY for 3 people (Me, wife, son (and infant daughter)). simply to hop from DHS to MK and back. Well worth it and it is hard to even calculate the amount of time we saved. But moreso the amount of energy we saved.

As we waited (maybe 20-30 minutes) for the MK bus to leave, we just waited next to Rock-n-Roller coaster, rested, ate our packed lunch (instead of trying to walk all the way to the bus stop).
Despite MK being the farthest park away, the ride felt short.
And being dropped off RIGHT inside Tomorrowland? Amazing. Less than a minute after getting off the bus and we were sitting inside Carousel of Progress and hitting Buzz Lightyear (FP) shortly after that. No security lines, no walking up a crowded main street and hub to get to our first attraction, no worries about missing a Fast Pass window, etc.

My guess is we probably easily saved an hour. I felt we got more done hopping between two parks (with and 4yo and infant) than we did with an entire day at Epcot (the next day).

so say that MK closes at 7pm one night. What time would be the last bus? I am trying to figure this out for the cast member party. I really want to eat dinner at BOG on my birthday. But I will have to exit after and would like to take express over to epcot

I think it was worth it for me. I paid through the nose and used it for ONE SINGLE DAY for 3 people (Me, wife, son (and infant daughter)). simply to hop from DHS to MK and back. Well worth it and it is hard to even calculate the amount of time we saved. But moreso the amount of energy we saved.

As we waited (maybe 20-30 minutes) for the MK bus to leave, we just waited next to Rock-n-Roller coaster, rested, ate our packed lunch (instead of trying to walk all the way to the bus stop).
Despite MK being the farthest park away, the ride felt short.
And being dropped off RIGHT inside Tomorrowland? Amazing. Less than a minute after getting off the bus and we were sitting inside Carousel of Progress and hitting Buzz Lightyear (FP) shortly after that. No security lines, no walking up a crowded main street and hub to get to our first attraction, no worries about missing a Fast Pass window, etc.

My guess is we probably easily saved an hour. I felt we got more done hopping between two parks (with and 4yo and infant) than we did with an entire day at Epcot (the next day).
good to know, I think the bypassing of a 2nd security line is a major draw - and it seems these buses aren't crowded and meet the scheduled (currently posted) better than the reg buses. Last December we left MK went to Epcot and something had caused an issue at security so it was mass chaos that took a good 25 mins the rest of the day was a game of catch up I felt - I may have to look at our expected plans and note where and when this would be perfect.

so say that MK closes at 7pm one night. What time would be the last bus? I am trying to figure this out for the cast member party. I really want to eat dinner at BOG on my birthday. But I will have to exit after and would like to take express over to epcot
It's going to be sort of a question for a party since they are a different animal. They haven't run during a party thus far.
If they work like regular closing there is 1 additional bus following park closing to any park still open for regular operating hours.
Will they still work like that when MK is closed for all but a party ticket? Who knows? Gonna have to wait till party season is closer

Planning trip in November, where and how do you purchase the Express Transportation tickets?
From the first post in the thread
How can Guests get Express Transportation? Guests may add this option at Vacation Planning and Guest Relation locations throughout property as well as at the new Express Transportation kiosks in the four theme parks.

I wrote to disney about the lack of wheelchairs when we hopped. I got a call to talk about the issue. I told him we thought this was great for saving us steps, but if a wheelchair isn't available at the bus locations, the value drops for us. We didn't hop to AK, but I would have hated if I had to walk to the front of the park for a wheelchair for DH. He thanked me for giving the feedback.

Reactions: fbb
I was the one thinking about taking the Express after Illuminations on July 4th. It sounds like that will not work and the fact that the pickup spot is all the way up front near SSE makes it less useful for my plans anyway. I think I am going to exit through the International Gateway and head to either Boardwalk or Beach Club to catch a bus to AK for late night Pandora. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter