• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see nothing of interest behind the scenes.

Nothing of interest relative to the "magic" of Disney.

We have interests in construction and operations and find the behind the scenes stuff (equipment, signage, HVAC, security, etc) fascinating.

How late does this transportation run? We have an 8:30 FP to Test Track tonight and then want to go to MK. The Epcot bus runs at 10/40. Will it run at 9:10 even though the park closes at 9? Thanks so much for your help!

How late does this transportation run? We have an 8:30 FP to Test Track tonight and then want to go to MK. The Epcot bus runs at 10/40. Will it run at 9:10 even though the park closes at 9? Thanks so much for your help!
Depends. There is 1 more bus after closing of the park you are in as long as the park you are going to is still open for regular hours. No EMH

So let me see if I follow - if the park I am currently in is closing, there is 1 bus after that time (interpark trans) SO LONG AS the park I am headed too is still open under REG operating hours. e.g - in HS closes at 9, I can still get a bus at 9 - or the next available option for HS and go to any open park (again reg park hours only)

If you buy it at the resort, does the 7-day countdown start when you first activate it, or the day you buy it?

So let me see if I follow - if the park I am currently in is closing, there is 1 bus after that time (interpark trans) SO LONG AS the park I am headed too is still open under REG operating hours. e.g - in HS closes at 9, I can still get a bus at 9 - or the next available option for HS and go to any open park (again reg park hours only)
Yep I belive you got it

Nothing of interest relative to the "magic" of Disney.

We have interests in construction and operations and find the behind the scenes stuff (equipment, signage, HVAC, security, etc) fascinating.
Then yeah that you see

I'm sure someone has posted about this but just in case I missed it (there are more than 100 pages in this thread after all!) - if I watch SW fireworks at 9:30pm - will there still be an express bus running after this, say, to another park that is open with regular hours...like MK? Since DHS closes at 9:30pm - the next and last bus to MK seems to be...9:50pm? Is that right? That is cutting it very close!
Has anyone gone after SW fireworks to another park?

Thank you!

I'm sure someone has posted about this but just in case I missed it (there are more than 100 pages in this thread after all!) - if I watch SW fireworks at 9:30pm - will there still be an express bus running after this, say, to another park that is open with regular hours...like MK? Since DHS closes at 9:30pm - the next and last bus to MK seems to be...9:50pm? Is that right? That is cutting it very close!
Has anyone gone after SW fireworks to another park?

Thank you!

Yes, there is one bus to each park after official closing.
I'm trying that this week. For me Studios closes at 9:30pm so the last busses are:

9:40 a bus goes to Animal Kingdom
9:50 a bus goes to Magic Kingdom
(Note: Epcot closes at 9pm so is not included)

I'm trying to get to Animal Kingdom which is open to 11.
If I miss the 9:40 bus, I guess I could catch the 9:50 to MK (open until 11) and from there the next bus Animal Kingdom and probably still save time over the normal bus and night time lines to enter AK.

We made it from the Plaza side of the garden viewing area for HEA and out to the express bus stop in time for the 9:30 bus to AK with no seconds to spare. No idea how but we made it. Bus is close to full, maybe 3 open seats

Glad that worked out for you, but it sounds like just barely. We plan on doing this on July 4th -- fireworks at 9:00 with bus to AK at 9:30. We're planning on being on the bridge to Tomorrowland to watch the fireworks, so I think we'll have enough time if we walk very fast.

Glad that worked out for you, but it sounds like just barely. We plan on doing this on July 4th -- fireworks at 9:00 with bus to AK at 9:30. We're planning on being on the bridge to Tomorrowland to watch the fireworks, so I think we'll have enough time if we walk very fast.
You'll be at least 5 min ahead of me starting from there so I bet you'll be fine. A group here for the anniversary party did it last night and they also made it fine, from the dessert party spot.

I'm trying that this week. For me Studios closes at 9:30pm so the last busses are:

If I miss the 9:40 bus, I guess I could catch the 9:50 to MK (open until 11) and from there the next bus Animal Kingdom and probably still save time over the normal bus and night time lines to enter AK.
Good plan. And if you are headed to Pandora they are now allowing you to enter through Africa so you'll be right there

Thanks! Keep us posted on how your plan goes.

You'll be at least 5 min ahead of me starting from there so I bet you'll be fine. A group here for the anniversary party did it last night and they also made it fine, from the dessert party spot.

Good to know -- thanks. What time did you arrive at AK?

I hate to make the service sound too wonderful cause then Disney will charge $100 per person. But we had gotten it with the last trip, so not to have to deal with security with the houseful of stuff that was brought in the stroller. Next trip, we (DH and I) will get it purely to save steps. We go bagless, so security isn't much of an issue, but the walk from attractions thru the gates, to the buses, to the gates, to the attractions adds up to about 57 miles.

OK I don't mean this negatively just trying to decide what to do. We will be going from AK to Epcot. Only time I expect to hop. So it's $19 per person and you skip security in park 2. Uber is less then $10 for family but you have to deal with security again. Is it really worth $80? Is there more of a benefit then skipping security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter