New Disney Visa Package kids stay and play free

I clicked on the link on mousesavers for a TA to give me a quote. (I have a Disney visa.) They replied that they can't give me a quote on the Disney VISA Kids Stay Free package unless I commit to a deposit before I know the price! That's nuts! So they gave me a quote on a Dream Maker package that comes out to $147 MORE than if we paid rack rate for the hotel and bought the UPHs ourselves. I guess this, unfortunately confirms my view that you can't save any $ using a TA. TAs out there, please prove me wrong!

I received my quote last night by dialing the Disney Club 800 #, which is the same as WDTC (the CM said that when she answered.) She didn't even ask for my Disney Visa number--I just gave her the code ZXFA and she priced the package for me.

TAs, you better defend yourselves quickly! KatieLovesMickey called her self, and now has a quote. I used a TA and I can't get a quote.

That is foolish that the TA would even ask such a thing. I called the Walt Disney Travel company directly and she was more than happy to give me any pricing I wanted without any sort of deposit. To call this early, you must have the Disney Visa in hand.

At least to recheck your pricing, I would call 407-939-7881. The package is code ZXFA. Maybe your TA was correct on the pricing, but you should have to put down any money just to get pricing.

On BTW, did you subtract out the $100 Disney dollars you would get at checkin?

Good luck and have a wonderful day.

I know that Disney will ask for the first 6 digits of your Disney Visa before they will give you a quote.

Every once and a while you will get someone that will give it to you without that but they are supposed to request it.

You can't put this package on a hold for 14 days like you normally can, the deposit is due when you decide to book it.

Since the availability isn't guaranteed unless you hold the package (and you can't on this one without a deposit), I can see where the TA doesn't want to get caught in the "I am sorry, the resort is not longer available but this is for x amount more" scenario. Then people would think the TA is just trying to sell a more expensive package.

I can also see where this filters out the people who are really interested in booking and the ones that are just looking for prices and then book themselves. So the TA would have done the work without any benefit of getting the commission.

that's just it, what Josephine said,
without actually holding the room, there is nothing concrete to give a quote on. first of all, there is no way to know if the quote is correct, with out a reservation with something in writing, how would the TA know if the cm made a mistake..believe me, the cm's give wrong prices all the time, so if a TA gives a quote without an actual reservation, there is a strong possibility that when and if the client wants to book it, 2 scenarios can happen, one is the room is no longer avaialble, and 2, the original quote given was incorrect...causing all kinds of problems.
dont blame the TA's, they didnt create these rules of not allowing holds on the Visa packages.

This policy of not giving a "quote" is not the normal way that travel agents or Disney operate, this is an unusual circumstance,
The normal way that the travel agents work is that they place a hold on a quote and room, "guaranteeing" a price and a room, giving you time to tink about it. with this package, there is nothing to guarantee.
I am sure the ta's want to help, and will do everything they can to work with you to plan a great vacation, with the BEST savings possible.

this policy Disney enforced of having to pay a deposit on the spot is not travel agent friendly, the ta's are just trying to not cause conflict later.

hope you can understand their position!

TAs really do want to "quote" this package, but unfortunately, Disney is not allowing us to do that since they won't allow the courtesy hold.

KatieLovesMickey was able to get a price of the package that was available at the time she called, but it's not a true "quote" because the rate and availability is subject to change since it is not on courtesy hold.

I guess this, unfortunately confirms my view that you can't save any $ using a TA. TAs out there, please prove me wrong!
I'm sorry you feel that way. TAs are able to save people a LOT of money and take the stress and headache out of the planning (as well as long-distance phone calls to Disney).

Having someone quote me prices in excess of rack rate just makes my headache worse! (Seriously, I've had a headache all day; I'm rather out of sorts, so this is really not the best day to be dealing with this. I've read all kinds of posts about what great bargains folks have obtained using TAs specializing in Disney travel and it makes me feel bad to get a quote in excess of rack rate the first time I try!)

Originally posted by missypie
I clicked on the link on mousesavers for a TA to give me a quote. (I have a Disney visa.) They replied that they can't give me a quote on the Disney VISA Kids Stay Free package unless I commit to a deposit before I know the price! That's nuts! So they gave me a quote on a Dream Maker package that comes out to $147 MORE than if we paid rack rate for the hotel and bought the UPHs ourselves. I guess this, unfortunately confirms my view that you can't save any $ using a TA. TAs out there, please prove me wrong!

What hotel, dates and price were you given and what was the total price you got yourself doing it separately?

The price of a room at rack rate and UPH at the correct number of nights (remember Disney counts nights, not days) and the DM package without any discounts is supposed to come up to the same price.

Example if you are staying 7 nights you need to price out the 7night/8 day UPH not the 7day/6night UPH.

I would just like to see the totals.

Thanks

>>The price of a room at rack rate and UPH at the correct number of nights (remember Disney counts nights, not days) and the DM package without any discounts is supposed to come up to the same price.<<

Boy, what a deal. What's supposed to be so great about the package?

Boy, what a deal. What's supposed to be so great about the package?

The Dream Maker package gives you the following options IN ADDITION to the room accomodations and ultimate park hoppers...

• Two FREE souvenir Disney trading pins and lanyards per room
• One of the following FREE Choice Features per room: (the one Choice Feature chosen must be used by all Guests in a room at the same time and at the same location)
o One round of miniature golf at Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course or Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course
o Up to two images displayed on one Leave a Legacy tile at Epcot®
o $25 towards a dining experience at Planet Hollywood

Hope that helps!

Ok friends help me out, I tend to be a little s...l..o...w on these package deals. I read all the above posts and still have a question... are the rooms actually discounted? I have a ressie at BWI with AAA discount for peak season late Feb. so basically I am paying $400 per night right now. So is there an additional discount with this deal aside from the $100 dis bucks and the free UPH for one of my kids?:confused: :confused:

TIA:D

vicb, no the rooms are not discounted. You receive a free child's ultimate park hopper pass (ages 3-9) with one paid adult.

Hmmm, just read the info on mousesavers and I see what you mention B3LM. Not sure if this is so great for me as we are at a deluxe and have an 11 year old. Probably still hold out for another code or something. I guess I could book it and cancell if it's more than 45 days out without $ penalty right? Hmmm, something to think about. :(

vicb, this particular package wouldn't benefit you because the "free" child must be between the ages of 3 and 9.

Thanks B3LM you are right, I actually have one child that falls into that category but I still don't think there is enough benefit for me to commit to this pkg. at this point in time. If I understand the rules correctly by using this I will lose my AAA discount so the savings isn't worth it for us. DH and I decided to hold out and hope for a better pkg. or best of all a room only code (or AP rate).

:D

I e-mailed Small World Travel to get a quote on this package. I currently booked at the CBR for 2/27/04 - 3/6/04 using the AAA rate and having a preferred room. My room is $1471. I can get annual passes for myself, DH and DS who is 5 for $1052 on the Disney site. My DD is 2 so she doesn't need a ticket. Anway. This total cost would be $2523. The cost I was quoted for this deal was $2628.00. This doesn't seem to be a very good deal for me either. I can do better booking it myself and using a room code.

Okay, so I was thinking this might be a good deal for me...someone help me with 2 ??...First, we are meeting my step mom and sis/bro at WDW...they are FLA residents...I know codes are getting scarcer..but are they scarce even for FLA residents or is there still a very good chance that we'll get FLA codes for AFTER spring break peak season (begin Apr 18)?. Also, In my room there will only be me, 8 yr old DS and 11 yr old DS (hubby can't come this time :( ). Well, I was thinking it might be a good deal if I just book the room for me and 8 yr DS since I already have 2 days and 3 waterpark tix leftover on prev tix and just buy him 2 days tix and 1 DQ tix. Can I do this (I'm not asking morally cuz if its not "legal" i wouldn't)...book for all 3 of us but tell them i only want pkgs for two? Thanks!!

Ah Hi I just have a question about the Disney Visa itself. See I'm turning 18 in a few days and I'm not a big fan of credit cards but I heard that if you charge stuff on the Disney visa you get points or something on that order to use at Disney again, is that true?

And I don't have a job but I do have money, and it's in my name. Would I still be able to get the card? I'm hoping to get it in time for my November vacation so I can charge everything then pay it off the next month. And get points! ::MinnieMo

I think this is a good deal. It will be 2 adults 2 children ages at time of stay 3&5 @ Pop Century. I got a quote for May 10th -14th for $995.24. Plus I get the $100 Disney dollars. If I booked the Dream maker it would be $1519.30 and if I booked seperately it would be $1229.56 with regular park hoppers or $1337.56 with UPH. So its a good savings for me. Haven't even got my first trip(Oct 18-25th) done yet but already thinking of going again. I havent booked this Disney Visa deal yet. Anyone know if I could book our room then a connecting room with 1 adult and 1 child with this deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter