New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I always wondered if they ever would have the guts to name a ship the Disney Villain!

Maleficent could be the atrium statue and the Tick-Tock the Crocodile can be on the aft!

In all seriousness, Adventure, Imagine (or Imagination) are very likely. If the go Imagination, I'd love to see Figment somewhere on the ship, maybe on the aft!
I would love to see Figment go somewhere on the ship and maybe the ship can be slightly themed around Figment.

A dedicated barber! I love a good shave from time to time. Add to that a "speakeasy" and I'm sold.
The Bayou also looks promising, especially if it's the bigger lounge where late-night comedy and dancing takes place.

A dedicated barber! I love a good shave from time to time. Add to that a "speakeasy" and I'm sold.
The Bayou also looks promising, especially if it's the bigger lounge where late-night comedy and dancing takes place.
It seems that Disney is shifting more to multi-purpose areas. Rather than having one dedicated adult area like on the Dream and Fantasy, I imagine that the bayou would be utilized for family events during the daytime and adult only venue at night. With the lack of areas such as D-Lounge, there has to be some place to do daytime and family trivia. Seems like a better use of space.

It seems that Disney is shifting more to multi-purpose areas. Rather than having one dedicated adult area like on the Dream and Fantasy, I imagine that the bayou would be utilized for family events during the daytime and adult only venue at night. With the lack of areas such as D-Lounge, there has to be some place to do daytime and family trivia. Seems like a better use of space.
You mean, beyond using the Tube as a staging area for port adventures? 😉 Our boys always feel special doing arts and crafts in La Piazza. Like they’re getting away with something.
I agree bingo/family lounge space would go well there. I’d just love to see “fireflies” via lighting effects while dancing with DW. It would also be pretty cool if the actual bar counter/service area was themed to Mama Odie’s! Get your special potions, children!

I thought Luna appeared to be the Wish's version of the "D-Lounge".

Even on the other ships, some of the venues in the "dedicated adult area" offer family activities prior to 9pm -- on the Classic ships, Fathoms/Azure and O'Gills/Crown & Fin are like that.

Now that they have announced these new spaces, hopefully they are added to the deck plans on DCL's website. Curious to see where they will all be located. One random thing I just noticed looking at the deck plans is that it may have one large laundry facility on deck 8 ("Fairytale Fresh Laundry") instead of smaller ones on several decks. Can't imagine people will want to lug their laundry up/down stairs or on the elevators. Or could it be you'll now have to drop off/pick up the stuff you used to leave with your steward for dry cleaning and/or pressing?

Last edited:
Now that they have announced these new spaces, hopefully they are added to the deck plans on DCL's website. Curious to see where they will all be located. One random thing I just noticed looking at the deck plans is that it may have one large laundry facility on deck 8 ("Fairytale Fresh Laundry") instead of smaller ones on several decks. Can't imagine people will want to lug their laundry up/down stairs or on the elevators. Or could it be you'll now have to drop off/pick up the stuff you used to leave with your steward for dry cleaning and/or pressing?
My guess is that it will still be self serve, or it wouldn't be on the map. I also think one central location, while slightly inconvenient, makes a lot of sense for efficiency. If it's big enough, with sufficient machines, then it'll be the best way for everyone. Otherwise, there could be 1 or 2 or 3 machines on deck 6 open while 2-3 people are waiting on deck 2 for someone to empty their dryer that finished 15 minutes ago.

Hi, All -- long time not posting. Life got in the way LOL

Any news on the other ships -- names, etc.?

Don't know if it has been shared here yet but there's confirmation that the Wish does have azipods rather than traditional shafts.

Other cruise lines do this. When I was on NCL, there was an area in the very back on the ship on the top decks. At some point in the evening - maybe 7 pm - it became an adults only area. Otherwise, anyone could go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter