New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

WDW&DCLADDICT

DIS Veteran
I always wondered if they ever would have the guts to name a ship the Disney Villain!

Maleficent could be the atrium statue and the Tick-Tock the Crocodile can be on the aft!

In all seriousness, Adventure, Imagine (or Imagination) are very likely. If the go Imagination, I'd love to see Figment somewhere on the ship, maybe on the aft!
I would love to see Figment go somewhere on the ship and maybe the ship can be slightly themed around Figment.

tri-ingTheBigSky

Earning My Ears
A dedicated barber! I love a good shave from time to time. Add to that a "speakeasy" and I'm sold.
The Bayou also looks promising, especially if it's the bigger lounge where late-night comedy and dancing takes place.

jrapps

DIS Veteran
A dedicated barber! I love a good shave from time to time. Add to that a "speakeasy" and I'm sold.
The Bayou also looks promising, especially if it's the bigger lounge where late-night comedy and dancing takes place.
It seems that Disney is shifting more to multi-purpose areas. Rather than having one dedicated adult area like on the Dream and Fantasy, I imagine that the bayou would be utilized for family events during the daytime and adult only venue at night. With the lack of areas such as D-Lounge, there has to be some place to do daytime and family trivia. Seems like a better use of space.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• tri-ingTheBigSky

Earning My Ears
    It seems that Disney is shifting more to multi-purpose areas. Rather than having one dedicated adult area like on the Dream and Fantasy, I imagine that the bayou would be utilized for family events during the daytime and adult only venue at night. With the lack of areas such as D-Lounge, there has to be some place to do daytime and family trivia. Seems like a better use of space.
    You mean, beyond using the Tube as a staging area for port adventures? 😉 Our boys always feel special doing arts and crafts in La Piazza. Like they’re getting away with something.
    I agree bingo/family lounge space would go well there. I’d just love to see “fireflies” via lighting effects while dancing with DW. It would also be pretty cool if the actual bar counter/service area was themed to Mama Odie’s! Get your special potions, children!

ImprovGal

<font color=green>No animals were harmed in the ma
    I thought Luna appeared to be the Wish's version of the "D-Lounge".

Even on the other ships, some of the venues in the "dedicated adult area" offer family activities prior to 9pm -- on the Classic ships, Fathoms/Azure and O'Gills/Crown & Fin are like that.

• mcd2745

These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!
    Now that they have announced these new spaces, hopefully they are added to the deck plans on DCL's website. Curious to see where they will all be located. One random thing I just noticed looking at the deck plans is that it may have one large laundry facility on deck 8 ("Fairytale Fresh Laundry") instead of smaller ones on several decks. Can't imagine people will want to lug their laundry up/down stairs or on the elevators. Or could it be you'll now have to drop off/pick up the stuff you used to leave with your steward for dry cleaning and/or pressing?

Last edited:

bigAWL

DIS Veteran
    Now that they have announced these new spaces, hopefully they are added to the deck plans on DCL's website. Curious to see where they will all be located. One random thing I just noticed looking at the deck plans is that it may have one large laundry facility on deck 8 ("Fairytale Fresh Laundry") instead of smaller ones on several decks. Can't imagine people will want to lug their laundry up/down stairs or on the elevators. Or could it be you'll now have to drop off/pick up the stuff you used to leave with your steward for dry cleaning and/or pressing?
    My guess is that it will still be self serve, or it wouldn't be on the map. I also think one central location, while slightly inconvenient, makes a lot of sense for efficiency. If it's big enough, with sufficient machines, then it'll be the best way for everyone. Otherwise, there could be 1 or 2 or 3 machines on deck 6 open while 2-3 people are waiting on deck 2 for someone to empty their dryer that finished 15 minutes ago.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!