New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

With the announcement of the Marceline Market serving dinner, I was pretty sure we would have dinner there the night we were due to be in the Avengers MDR. Then when I read about the Avengers update ( which for the most part went right over my head!) I am now 100% sure we will be skipping Avengers for an evening meal at Marceline's!

They are definitely still encouraging you to go to their main dinning rooms. Sometimes a burger or pizza on the pool deck sounds better than going through the main dinning room ordeal, as good as it is.

For us, we normally do a Palo dinner each cruise. As parents of teenagers, they do not want to go to the MDR without us when we go to Palo, nor would they go to Cabanas for a table service dinner. They would absolutely go to a buffet though. They have done that often on other cruise lines where the buffet remains a buffet for dinner, and we maybe went to a specialty restaurant, or they had made plans to go to the buffet with the friends they made on board. Unfortunately though, on DCL they just end up with the quick bites by the pool.

I really hope they have Marceline Marketplace open on the first and last nights for dinner. The Avengers dinner is a hard pass from us. I am going to guess that it won't be but I was really hoping that DCL would use this new ship as an opportunity to change some of their offerings.

The Disney Wish will also feature Marceline Market, named for Walt Disney’s early childhood hometown. This appears to be the “Cabanas” replacement.

View attachment 587806

"Choose from 10 food stations and a café-style beverage bar, with both indoor and outdoor seating available."

View attachment 587808

At Marceline Market, "each station is themed to beloved animated films such as “Tangled,” “Ratatouille,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Zootopia” and more.” Walk-around dining for breakfast and lunch, followed by table-service dining at dinnertime with entrees cooked to order.

View attachment 587807

For quick bites, the pool area on the Disney Wish will feature Mickey and Friends Festival of Foods: Mickey’s Smokestack Barbecue, Donald’s Cantina, Daisy’s Pizza Pies, Goofy’s Grill and Sweet Minnie’s Ice Cream.

Scott Gustin Twitter Thread about Marceline Market and other food offerings
Is that Song of the South depicted in middle on left?

For us, we normally do a Palo dinner each cruise. As parents of teenagers, they do not want to go to the MDR without us when we go to Palo, nor would they go to Cabanas for a table service dinner. They would absolutely go to a buffet though. They have done that often on other cruise lines where the buffet remains a buffet for dinner, and we maybe went to a specialty restaurant, or they had made plans to go to the buffet with the friends they made on board. Unfortunately though, on DCL they just end up with the quick bites by the pool.

yeah I feel that, but I just can’t see Disney ever adding the buffet for dinner simply because DCL treats the main dining experience as such a large part of their cruising experience and one of the things that sets them apart from other lines.

They are definitely still encouraging you to go to their main dinning rooms. Sometimes a burger or pizza on the pool deck sounds better than going through the main dinning room ordeal, as good as it is.
One of our favorite things to do is grab some chicken strips and fries poolside around 3. We typically have second seating so this holds us over. 😊

I still think they would be cooler if they had the confidence in their MDRs to have the customary buffet available. It's the difference between saying "I know we're the best, and even if you have options you'll pick me anyway." and "Please, please, please like me... here let me remove all other options so you HAVE to like me."

yeah I feel that, but I just can’t see Disney ever adding the buffet for dinner simply because DCL treats the main dining experience as such a large part of their cruising experience and one of the things that sets them apart from other lines.

Could be staffing issues. The staff in the buffet at breakfast and lunch are mostly/all dining room servers. The staff at dinner in Cabanas is a fraction of the amount that are in there for breakfast and lunch.

Imagine is close enough to Dream that I would hope they could do better... Adventure is a little boring but classic (and makes me wonder if we'd see a Disney Frontier, Disney Tomorrow...

If we assume these names are accurate, what are the best matches for atrium and aft characters? Here are my votes:

Adventure:
- atrium: Peter Pan or Tinker Bell (or both?)
- aft: Russel, Doug, and Kevin ("Adventure is out there")

Imagine:
- atrium: Minnie (she's over due, I think) (honorable mention for John Lennon, though)
- aft: Woody, Jesse, and Bullseye

If we assume these names are accurate, what are the best matches for atrium and aft characters? Here are my votes:

Adventure:
- atrium: Peter Pan or Tinker Bell (or both?)
- aft: Russel, Doug, and Kevin ("Adventure is out there")

Imagine:
- atrium: Minnie (she's over due, I think) (honorable mention for John Lennon, though)
- aft: Woody, Jesse, and Bullseye
Minnie is the statue on the Fantasy. 😃

I always wondered if they ever would have the guts to name a ship the Disney Villain!

Maleficent could be the atrium statue and the Tick-Tock the Crocodile can be on the aft!

In all seriousness, Adventure, Imagine (or Imagination) are very likely. If the go Imagination, I'd love to see Figment somewhere on the ship, maybe on the aft!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter