New Disney Park Rules-Anyone Know?

HauntedMansionMom09

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. Has anyone been to the parks and experienced the new no ice rule?

This is of major concern to my family as we have severe food allergies in our group and pack food for our one family member for the day. Needless to say we use ice to keep the food from going bad. I am wondering if we put the ice in ziploc bags if we will be allowed in the parks with it. Thanks for any info.

This is from Disney’s updated rules:

Why is loose or dry ice not permitted in your parks?

In order to improve guest flow, ease congestion and streamline the bag-check and entry processes, loose and dry ice is not permitted. Reusable ice packs are recommended.

What happens if I need ice for baby food, medicine, or some other item?

Reusable ice packs are recommended. Cups of ice are available at no charge at Food & Beverage locations.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/rules-updates-parks-resorts/

Thank you both so much, big stress reliever. Ice packs aren’t ideal Bc they are bulky and it’s harder to pack the same amount of food and keep it all cold...BUT what can you do? It seems loose ice within the park isn’t an issue, so maybe bagged ice going in will work, and I can dump it onto food once inside. I guess we will see what happens once the rules kick in.

Thank you both so much, big stress reliever. Ice packs aren’t ideal Bc they are bulky and it’s harder to pack the same amount of food and keep it all cold...BUT what can you do? It seems loose ice within the park isn’t an issue, so maybe bagged ice going in will work, and I can dump it onto food once inside. I guess we will see what happens once the rules kick in.
What about using a frozen juice box?

The ice rule changed 3/28 so has been in effect for over a month now (the smoking and stroller changes take effect today). Not 100% sure but pretty sure I saw that ice in ziploc bags was OK.

As noted for ice, using loose ice in bags is ok or the frozen ice packs. It appears they are not letting in coolers with loose ice any longer.

Can you just fill up a few ziplock freezer bags with ice cubes and use those? Much easier than lugging a big bag of ice to dump over food once you are in the parks. Then you can recycle the ziplocks each day. If you are staying on site you can fill them at the hotel ice machinces

Can you just fill up a few ziplock freezer bags with ice cubes and use those? Much easier than lugging a big bag of ice to dump over food once you are in the parks. Then you can recycle the ziplocks each day. If you are staying on site you can fill them at the hotel ice machinces
That’s exactly what we do!! We get the giant ziploc bags and fill with ice from machine. Thank you for the suggestion!! We use loose ice on the bottom And pack the food in it so it keeps the stuff really cold and then put the ziplock bag on top. I’m just happy to hear that ice in a ziploc bag should be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!