New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

Same for me - I was able to redeem one but not the second because it was processing, then sold out.

Did anyone receive the follow-up e-mail after completing the confirmation phone call? The cast member on the phone said I would receive an e-mail with details about the event, but I haven't received anything yet.
She told me I’d receive it next week with the itinerary for the event. She said it was new to all them and they didn’t have more info because I asked about getting into the parks w/out theme park admission or how that would work and she didn’t know.

She told me I’d receive it next week with the itinerary for the event. She said it was new to all them and they didn’t have more info because I asked about getting into the parks w/out theme park admission or how that would work and she didn’t know.

Good to know about the email coming later. My husband took care of this getting to event and calling because I couldn't at the time, and all he has texted me is that he got us in and I should be getting an email but only got the first one about calling with the confirmation number which he did. Now he is busy with meetings so I'm left with just that scrap of info until tonight. Should bea fun event, I feel really lucky hubs was able to secure a spot for us.

I got through. It was stressful because after I clicked redeem and then when I clicked "continue" it said failed. So I waited like 5 seconds and clicked again and finally got a confirmation.
I called to confirm and the rep did acknowledge it was very difficult to get tickets to this.

Did anyone manage to get into the Movie Rewards event? It was gone when it first showed up -- which is so like a D23 event, isn't it?

I got tickets, but like everyone else, only 2 (1 redemption). Luckily, between 2 of us, we go the 4 total we needed. So glad that link was posted, because it sounded stupid originally. Now to call and confirm and find out if I need to add another day to my tickets when I arrive. I wasn't originally planning to do the parks on the Expo days, just 2 before and 1 after. I hope I don't need to buy a ticket though. I thought the number of points needed was actually really low for what it sounds like we will be getting.

I got tickets, but like everyone else, only 2 (1 redemption). Luckily, between 2 of us, we go the 4 total we needed. So glad that link was posted, because it sounded stupid originally. Now to call and confirm and find out if I need to add another day to my tickets when I arrive. I wasn't originally planning to do the parks on the Expo days, just 2 before and 1 after. I hope I don't need to buy a ticket though. I thought the number of points needed was actually really low for what it sounds like we will be getting.
I totally agree! But maybe it’s a rare treat ;)

It seems to be a trial event, because the 150pts is very low for park admission, even if its only 7:30pm-11pm.
Hopefully it goes well and they offer it in the future for those who didn't get through!
The disney blog site used to do events like this, I was never able to get those.

Block your calendar with a meeting that starts at quarter to the hour and lasts an hour.... :mickeyjum

Yeah, I had already done that for the expo reservations on Friday, but forgot to do it this morning for the DMR event. I saw the time about 20 minutes before and I was going to log in, but the program I was working in crashed and I had to recover it very quickly. It took longer than I thought it would.

Question....I activated my badge and got the "thank you for activating your badge email" BUT the email just said "Hi"______ my name was no where present in the email. Now I'm stressing out about every detail. Is there a way to check to make sure your badge has your name and info attached to it?? Thanks

Question....I activated my badge and got the "thank you for activating your badge email" BUT the email just said "Hi"______ my name was no where present in the email. Now I'm stressing out about every detail. Is there a way to check to make sure your badge has your name and info attached to it?? Thanks
Just checked mine is Hi without a name too

Neither of our confirmation emails had our names in them, I'm guessing a merged field was missed in the coding.

I still haven't received my badges! I have one for Saturday and one for Sunday. I keep hoping they will arrive, but that hope is rapidly dwindling. I was able to look up my badge numbers and activate them with no problems.

They just announced D23 is sold out and select panels will be live-streamed.
Yeah I just read that. If I weren't going Id be excited but since I am going now I won't know in advance what will be live streamed so that I can attend a different panel/shop instead and not make a reservation for that panel. Very disappointed they'll announce it next week instead of this week.

Yeah I just read that. If I weren't going Id be excited but since I am going now I won't know in advance what will be live streamed so that I can attend a different panel/shop instead and not make a reservation for that panel. Very disappointed they'll announce it next week instead of this week.
Could you look at what was streamed in 2017 to get an idea for 2019?

Could you look at what was streamed in 2017 to get an idea for 2019?
I didn't even know they officially streamed stuff in the past before. I did know that some small panels were filmed by audience members bc they are more lenient with phones/cameras.

Sorry, we couldn’t find an account associated with this confirmation ID and email combination.
Please check that your confirmation ID matches exactly as it was emailed, and make sure you are using the same email address used when placing your ticket order.

Anyone get this message or hear why people doing will call badge searches are getting it?

I "confirmed" when I called Disney Movie Rewards about my D23 celebration redemption that park admission is included. I put confirmed in quotes, because know about trusting what CMs say :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!