New Cruise Photo Process and Watermarks

greensombrero

Mouseketeer
I just got off the Dream and we pre purchased the unlimited digital photo package like we normally do. Last night I went to confirm how to get my USB drive and they informed me it is now all online very much like WDW or Disneyland Photo Pass. I'm logging in and able to see all my photos but they all have a water mark on them and I can't download them ie no download button. It looks a lot like if you use Photo Pass before you actually purchase a package or link it.

I noticed onboard it said something about waiting for 48 hours after your cruise but it seems weird I can see the photos. It has me worried that my photo package purchase didn't go through correctly.

I'm curious if anyone else has navigated this new cruise photo process and can shed any light on if things are likely to magically work after 48 hours or if I likely need to contact Disney?

Thanks!

We didn't have any trouble last month, but I don't remember the process, now.

There are a few other threads where this is mentioned, so maybe some other DISsers will be more helpful.

just in case you haven't already, go to "link photos" and ensure that you enter the Castaway Club ID of the person who actually purchased the photos. Hopefully that works for you (and/or waiting 48 hours) b/c I emailed the photo team after our cruise and NEVER got a response...

I just cruised on the Wonder and got the photo package. The pics were indeed available without watermarks 48 hours after we got home.

just in case you haven't already, go to "link photos" and ensure that you enter the Castaway Club ID of the person who actually purchased the photos. Hopefully that works for you (and/or waiting 48 hours) b/c I emailed the photo team after our cruise and NEVER got a response...
I did do the link and I see them with the watermark. That is my big concern is how will I reach anyone if it doesn't just work.

I just cruised on the Wonder and got the photo package. The pics were indeed available without watermarks 48 hours after we got home.
That makes me feel better. So weird I can see them but have to wait 48 hours for the watermark to go away. Maybe it just takes a while for the purchase info to transfer. I'll just be patient. Appreciate your response!

I just got off the Dream and we pre purchased the unlimited digital photo package like we normally do. Last night I went to confirm how to get my USB drive and they informed me it is now all online very much like WDW or Disneyland Photo Pass. I'm logging in and able to see all my photos but they all have a water mark on them and I can't download them ie no download button. It looks a lot like if you use Photo Pass before you actually purchase a package or link it.

I noticed onboard it said something about waiting for 48 hours after your cruise but it seems weird I can see the photos. It has me worried that my photo package purchase didn't go through correctly.

I'm curious if anyone else has navigated this new cruise photo process and can shed any light on if things are likely to magically work after 48 hours or if I likely need to contact Disney?

Thanks!
Waiting for your 48 hours to be up, so you can update 😁

Sailing in two weeks so it'll be nice to know in advance.

Another thing to note is that while you are onboard, you can actually download all of your pictures onto your phone (this doesn't mean you can't still get them later onto your computer, etc). You can ask at Shutters and they will show you, but basically there's a website that you go to, only available while using the ship's free wifi DCL-GUEST and you can get all of your pictures.

Well been 48 hours and no luck. I'm thinking I may have to brave calling DCL. What bugs me is I tried hitting the website on my phone before we disembarked and I saw the watermarks and asked at the Shutters desk and they told me they should go away on their own but they haven't. I suspect there is some glitch and I don't mind working through it but I've heard DCL hold times are crazy so not looking forward to that.

Well been 48 hours and no luck. I'm thinking I may have to brave calling DCL. What bugs me is I tried hitting the website on my phone before we disembarked and I saw the watermarks and asked at the Shutters desk and they told me they should go away on their own but they haven't. I suspect there is some glitch and I don't mind working through it but I've heard DCL hold times are crazy so not looking forward to that.
Try using Contact Us on the website and send them an email. Probably isn’t fast response, but it saves you hold time.

Try using Contact Us on the website and send them an email. Probably isn’t fast response, but it saves you hold time.
Thanks I actually got a hold of someone on the phone and they told me that is the only way to get photo support. Of course it gives you a reply you may not receive a response for up to 20 days but I'm hopeful it will be faster than that. I'll post here if I figure out if it was user error or a glitch on their end.

Thanks I actually got a hold of someone on the phone and they told me that is the only way to get photo support. Of course it gives you a reply you may not receive a response for up to 20 days but I'm hopeful it will be faster than that. I'll post here if I figure out if it was user error or a glitch on their end.
I think they put that in there because they don’t have all the answers yet. For photos, it is probably a dedicated group who could respond more quickly. They might even be out on cruises and have limited availability to respond.

I got the email to download, I clicked on it and viewed my photos. They still had the watermark so I waited a few days to look at them again. Now I logged in and there's no download button at all. The photos still have the watermark. I emailed guest communications, I'm on hold right now for website support but its over 120 minutes :(.

Hoping this resolves sooner rather than later. I'm sure you want to share some of those photos with family and friends and not want to wait 20 day to do so. I am right?

I can imagine how frustrated you are at this! I would be in a total panic by now. Can I please ask--Do they still print photos onboard or do you have to print everything after the cruise? I'm like you and have ordered the unlimited for an upcoming cruise. Thanks for your continued update.

I can imagine how frustrated you are at this! I would be in a total panic by now. Can I please ask--Do they still print photos onboard or do you have to print everything after the cruise? I'm like you and have ordered the unlimited for an upcoming cruise. Thanks for your continued update.
They will let you print photo's if you paid for them. But no longer a usb is given for unlimited. They will email you a link after the cruise and you have 45 days apparently to download it. Also if you need any help regarding cruise photo's you will need to email them. They can't help you over the phone :(. I'm kinda shocked that I called so early this morning and web support was no longer taking calls. I had to redial and call under book a new reservation and hold time was less than 3 minutes for them to tell me to email them.

We just got off the Dream on Monday morning (6/3-6/6). We pre-purchased the unlimited photo download package ($194.95). I stopped by Shutters during the cruise to ask about how to get the photos, and the guy just handed me a slip of paper. Followed the directions this morning (wait 48 hours after cruise, go to Dis Photos link, enter Castaway Club ID, and link photos) and I can see all the photos but they all have a watermark and there is no button/or link to click on to download any of them. Emailed DCL as well as filled out the form on the website, no response yet. Is this a glitch? Or does the 48 hours run until tomorrow technically/do you think the watermark will drop off tomorrow and have an option to download. Any thoughts/advice?????

What ended up happening? Did you get it sorted out? I am currently running into the EXACT same issue you had, we got off the Dream Monday morning (it is now Weds afternoon).

What ended up happening? Did you get it sorted out? I am currently running into the EXACT same issue you had, we got off the Dream Monday morning (it is now Weds afternoon).
Make sure you enter the Castaway Club # of the person who purchased it or try linking another person's Castaway club #.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter