New costume for Jasmine?

alluna

Earning My Ears
Heard that a new and not-so-great costume debuted on Jasmine tonight at MNSSHP. A photo I saw showed her in a dress that had Party City written all over it. Can anyone confirm that this is her new permanent outfit? (Please say no)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-03-01-34-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-03-01-34-09.png
    387 KB · Views: 620
I saw someone else post this on Facebook - definitely not a fan

I liked that she was different and wore pants so not a fan of the change

Trying to find out if this was just for the party or permanent

So the thought process I am seeing from people is that other princesses debuted new outfits at the Halloween Party and they then became their permanent ones - so people are expecting this becomes her regular new dress as well -but nothing official

And overall the reviews are not kind - so hoping it is just for the party

We seem to hear stories about Jasmine being the target of unwanted attention a lot and the performers probably have complaints about uncomfortable touching. Because of this I always thought the exposed tummy needed to be covered up. That being said I think this dress redesign is a incorrect for the character. First, only the head band and color scheme ties into Jasmine. The top of the dress also seems to be a more European design, which for me is making the dress read slightly more Indian then middle eastern.

So I would fix the top of the dress to be closer to the original Jasmine costume, switching to an off shoulder cut. They could keep the illusion cut they were going for but choose a sheerer fabric and get rid of the collar. Bring back her necklace/choker . Then embroider or bead the belt and make it straight instead of pointed. While her old costume this V design fit her pants it's not really the proper design for this dress; once again giving it a more European look.

As an aside I always loved Jasmine's cold weather outfit which was simple teal cloak with beaded trim. It was a nice beautified version of what she used to sneak out of the palace and fit the character well.

When I saw the picture I thought it was a guest costume. The wig looks so cheaply made. There are cosplay ones a million times better.

Ick! My daughter is REALLY, REALLY looking forward to seeing Jasmine again. It's all she's talking about and we just got her costume at the Disney store for Halloween, and that's not it.

I'm all for more modesty and I personally like the new outfit over the old one, but do think it could be done better. This is Disney after all and the costume designs should be up to snuff.

Heard that a new and not-so-great costume debuted on Jasmine tonight at MNSSHP. A photo I saw showed her in a dress that had Party City written all over it. Can anyone confirm that this is her new permanent outfit? (Please say no)
This is definitely a response to Sharia. I guess Disney World named after a man who was completely a supporter of the US has been bought by the pc crowd.

Jasmine already wore a dress, why wouldn't they use that one?
princess_jasmine_____purple_dress_by_nightwing1975-d5fkkdk.jpg

I also rather dig Jasmine's existing cold weather wrap/outfit. But IF it's being done in the name of covering-up and/or less sexuality, I'd say it's slightly ironic that Disney has done little dismiss the rumors (and twitter attempt) of Elsa being a lesbian in the Frozen sequel. Ariel will probably then be next with an outfit like this:
ba0dd0ed3f51dd351798b9ac80de3436.jpg

IF it's being done as some form of PC thing...well...that's a whole different topic I guess all I'll say is that maybe voters will help decide (in terms of direction) this November.

I also rather dig Jasmine's existing cold weather wrap/outfit. But IF it's being done in the name of covering-up and/or less sexuality, I'd say it's slightly ironic that Disney has done little dismiss the rumors (and twitter attempt) of Elsa being a lesbian in the Frozen sequel. Ariel will probably then be next with an outfit like this:
ba0dd0ed3f51dd351798b9ac80de3436.jpg

IF it's being done as some form of PC thing...well...that's a whole different topic I guess all I'll say is that maybe voters will help decide (in terms of direction) this November.
Or maybe like this?

I read the same, apparently its a complaint some parents have made that Jasmine's costume is too sexy and inappropriate for young eyes.

There was an announcement a couple of months ago advertising "new look" costumes for one or two other Disney female characters, including Pocahontas and Mulan.

No matter what the motivation, whether to be p.c. or to revitalize merchandise sales, it seems bizarre to me that the company would take extremely well-known, beloved characters and try to change their canonical look as set down in the classic movies.

Maybe it's just a scheme to stimulate and manipulate social media. Deliberately trying to trigger a controversy in the twitterverse in order to push their brands into places where it doesn't reach very often, i.e. into the feeds of older, lapsed Disney princess fans.

I read the same, apparently its a complaint some parents have made that Jasmine's costume is too sexy and inappropriate for young eyes.

1) Hopefully Disney keeps in mind some people are born to complain (if not this, it'd be something else..."The ice cream is cold").

2) Some people like to complain if they think they can get something out of it (which much of our society today is all about)..."My kids were traumatized and I thought we were at a strip club seeing Jasmine's bare stomach! But, perhaps if you comp us or cover the cost of our hotel we will be ok again."

3) A few might be angry wives, "My husband wanted to take a picture with Jasmine yet trying to get him to take a picture with me is like pulling teeth!" (bad marriage, no help there no matter what Jasmine wears).

And then the traditionalists and (often) a silent majority, generally suffer. I'm a traditionalist, so I'd be upset if they wanted to change Snow White's outfit.

The thing is, I was just there a month ago and to meet or see Jasmine, you had to purposefully go into a small building in Morocco (EPCOT) just to see her and Aladdin. She was never out just walking around somewhere, never in a parade that I saw, etc. Same with Ariel...who was wearing a dress (human Ariel) EXCEPT for when you went to her grotto in Magic Kingdom to see her (I forget which version of Ariel was in a parade that went by). So to meet them (especially to wait in a line), you must likely want to, know about them and their characters, and saw their movie. To play the "I'm offended or traumatized" card (to me) comes off as shady or illogical.

This last point of mine (I'll admit) is not 100% airtight because "just because it's a norm" somewhere doesn't mean Disney should bend to it (Disney should be a good family friendly place), but what Jasmine wears is a lot of clothes compared to some girls walking around at the mall or places today (or even going back decades) wear. And do they not take their kids to the pool or beach?

I might have visited Disney World at the perfect final time...no more Electric Light Parade at night (bummed but can live with), Jasmine getting a weird new costume, Ariel probably getting the same (straws starting to break the camel's back)...and I don't care for most of the rumors in the Frozen 2 script (camel's back possibly broken).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!