New Board hosting questions

WebmasterAlex

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The boards will be shut down for a move starting at 1AM Eastern Time on Monday June 20th. They are expected to be back up by 11:00AM Monday. Details- We have used the Xenforo software for succesfully for many years. We have decided to move to their servers so Xenforo will not only be supplying the software but taking care of issues, maintanence and upgrades. We believe this will help us increase performance and resolve issues.

Please ask any questions here

It appears you can use your own domain, I assume that is what is going to happen? As opposed to, say, there being a new URL?

Why do this at the exact time that the Disney Wish will be arriving at Port Canaveral? Seems like that would be one of the highest traffic times in years for the DIS.

Why do this at the exact time that the Disney Wish will be arriving at Port Canaveral? Seems like that would be one of the highest traffic times in years for the DIS.
Probably because the technical side of the house never put that 2 and 2 together. My bad! Unfortunately we are committed now. Hopefully the move goes faster than planned

You should be able to watch the WISH arrive in Port Canaveral on the webcam. Yeah, the 5am play-by-play won't be captured here, but I'm sure folks will pop in later in the day with plenty to discuss.

Port Canaveral webcam:
https://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

I can't see my signature anymore, and only a few sigs of other posters. I can see it in the change signature box just fine, and I've tried clicking 'save' to see if it shows up but it doesn't. All I see is a little image box and a red X. I have an animated gif as my sig. Is this not allowed now, or is it just a glitch? Thanks in advance!

Nevermind. Now it's working. :)

Last edited:
Success! I found that to get my image to work from my hosting site I had to link to it directly instead of using the link made for forums. Maybe others who are having difficulty should try this and see if it works for them.

Keep getting locked out. URL goes to old servers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter